• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Growing the papaver somniferum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branggen

Bluelighter
Ive looked around but I cant find any information on how deep your soil must be to grow papaver somniferum seeds. I will be growing on a balcony so I want to know what size pot I would need as it wont be in the ground. Thanks for any info you guys can give on growing these. Lovely flowers from what ive seen.

As with all potted flowers, the bigger the better...insure proper drainage, keep out of wind (while young)

Thanks for the reply, still wondering what an ideal depth would be as well as how much room their should be between plants.

The healthier the roots the healthier the flower(pod) go w/ at least 10"
for each of the healthiest/biggest peat pellet started sprouts.

I have a pot about 14" wide and 12" deep. Will only planting one flower in this pot produce the best results or could I try and go with 2.

As long as you are growing the poppies for their physical appearance and not the effect you may be able to pull it off. However, if you think you will be able to harvest anything that would be smokable you are sadly mistaken. You may be able to dry them and brew them into a weak tea but you are not going to have enough biomass to do anything other then observe your flowers grow.

Dont take this as a "dont grow them" post I personally love gardening and caring for plants the return does not matter for it is in their physical characteristics and that they are reliant on me. Caring for something is one of the true beauties of the world and plants are the easiest kind! (from a needs and cost perspective)

I was under the impression that a large sized pod could give about 20mg morphine, which I would consider decently smokeable

Considering the massive fields that use for such a small amount of product at the end. Idk.. 20mg from a potent poppy doesn't sound impossible? through extraction though, less.

just grow them guerilla somewhere. spread the seeds on some old yard/gardens/fields/whatever where no-one really goes. they grow all over the place here in the summer, and they get left alone, leaving thousands of pods for me to harvest once a year.

we don't allow papaver cultivation threads

home grown poppies don't yield as well as you would expect either, you need to grow at least 100 to get a useful dosage

Status
Not open for further replies.