Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Grindhouse (double-feature directed by Rodriguez and Tarantino)

rate this movie

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
This movie was absolutely awesome. best time i've had at a movie in a long time. Planet terror was great...lots of laughs and action packed. Death Proof was slower but still very enjoyable. all the fake trailers were pretty cool too.

wArEhOuSePuNk said:
thanks. now i gotta change my pants:) Ive adored her since Scream

I've been trying to think which movie I saw her in first and I'm stumped :\

I think it was either Scream or Devil In The Flesh, which I found hilarious. Though I'm not so sure that was the intention. I suppose it's easy to forget when she seems to play the same roles over and over. Never mind, I like the bitchy ones anyway =D

Check it out: http://imdb.com/title/tt0143213/

wikipedia's article on Grindhouse states Machete and Don't will be straight to DVD releases. The producers are going to actually make them...and Tarintino and Rodriguez plan to do a sequel as it stands.

I urge anyone to go see this. I may wait a week or 2 and go again. Just to support something i think the MPAA is lacking.. and that's some original ideas. Well at least ideas taht aren't beat into the ground.

fucker's delayed till next month in the merry old land of aus

i hope they don't split the films in AUS, i hear they're doing so in many nations and selling them as 2 seperate films.

they definitely going to be screened together here. they're advertised as such.

but let the producers note, split em, and then i'll download em, and distribute em to everyone before they get to pay to see them.

actually, I am pretty sure they are splitting the films in Oz. I heard they are splitting the films in all countries, save Japan.

then piracy here i fuckin come.

but seriously, they're splitting it for countries that have no idea what a "grindhouse" theatre is. This generally constitutes non english speaking countries.

ah now according to imdb
here
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-04-11/#3

"'Grindhouse' To Be Split in Two?

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is planning to re-release Grindhouse as two separate films - after the double-bill flopped at the box office. The film, a double-feature directed by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez made just $11.6 million in its opening weekend in the US. Producer Weinstein is disappointed - and thinks Tarantino's Death Proof, starring Kurt Russell, and Rodriguez' Planet Terror, with Rose McGowan, will perform better on their own. He tells PageSix.com, "I don't think people understood what we were doing. The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience." "

Oh god what a fucking mistake that'll be!!! That it's a double feature is a HUGE part of why I love it so much. Split the two and it'll fucking ruin it. Money grubbing assholes!!

i'm really disapointed in the sales. I blame
1) easter weekend release
2) 3 hours
3) stupid fucking america obsessed with cgi, shitty romantic comedies, and meathad one liner action flicks.

AnalogSingularity said:
3) stupid fucking america obsessed with cgi, shitty romantic comedies, and meathad one liner action flicks.

ur first two points i agree with but not this one. films like the "saw" series and "hostel" both were a huge box office success made with a cheap budget and were neither romantic or had cgi.

Last edited:
saw a good quality bootleg

i got pretty bored in planet terror. i find most rodriguez films cliches ridden vehicles of infantile banality. The only exceptions are sin city and from dusk till dawn and that's only because of the source material, not the directing.

death proof on the other hand was captivating from start to finish.

the advertisements were a treat, but as a whole, i think the 3 hour endeavour is a well intended but overall failed experiment. the target audience, those old enough to understand what a grindhouse theartre (flea theatre in aus) are too old to take that much enjoyment from fast cars, gunshots and explosions.

3/5

Man, I seen the movi like 60 times, but i keep noddin out in Death Proof every fuckin time. i still dont know what happens at the end. The bootleg I got is one chapter so you cant fast forward it, so i always gotta go thru planet terror, and never make it to death proof. I only get as far as when shes all like My friend butterfly will do a lap dance etc....I still loved it this movies the shit.

The ending of Death Proof is the best part of the movie......

Took me three days to get through it.. long ass fucking movie.

Still gotta watch the second movie.

I've only seen Death Proof as of yet... I loved it. Was a bit slow going at first, but by 15-20 minutes in I was totally engrossed in the characters.

Zoe is the hottest bitch in the world. The broad that gave the lap dance was fine as hell too. FYI they do show the entire lap dance on the dvd release.

I am kinda reluctant to see anything involving Tarantino after that Hostel disaster...

This week, I watched the DVDs of Death Proof and Planet Terror, which have been packaged separately.

First, I stand by the assertion that these two were best enjoyed back-to-back during a public theater experience, together with ALL of the trailers, some of which have eluded capture for the DVDs. It's a shame that the "grindhouse" concept did not do well commercially, meaning there may not be a repeat of such a style homage anytime soon. But arguably, movies like Transformers are today's grindhouse -- so campy and cliche-ridden that the same ironical humor is present in its style, just without the T&A and gore. But back to Tarantino and Rodriguez:

Each DVD still holds up on its own, and on a second viewing there are plenty of gems to be found in each. Tarantino's Death Proof has some new footage. It might not have been necessary to add these scenes, because so much of Death Proof is already dialogue-driven, but it has the same storytelling quality as the shorter version, so there's really nothing lost. Either way, the slower pace of Death Proof demands patience. With Planet Terror, plot familiarity from the theater experience made it easier to concentrate on performance and nuance. The hokey BBQ guy has lots of great lines I didn't catch and/or appreciate the first time ("That boy's got the devil in him!"). Cherry Darlings "useless talents" are also easier to follow. Altogether, it was worth watching these again. But I do miss the trailers...

The Missing Trailers:
Don't
Thanksgiving
Werewolf Women of the SS