Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Grindhouse (double-feature directed by Rodriguez and Tarantino)

rate this movie

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Grindhouse is awesome! The Rodriguez movie is especially gory. The Tarantino part has a lot of a dialogue and moves slower than the first part but it still kicks ass. The fake trailers between the two films are hilarious, so it is no time to take a restroom break. I think these films are best enjoyed in partly filled theater so that you can hear audience reaction which definitely adds to the experience.

shit was pretty damn entertaining, def dig planet terror more than death proof. it felt TOO much like pulp fiction with the dialogue, thats tarantino i guess, but was still cool. i got in a bathroom break durin the thanksgiving trailer since i seen it a few times already, so that was relief! any who id give plane tterror 4 stars, n' death proof 3. over all as awhole a 4.4 stars for the cool idea n' trailers.

Banquo said:
Grindhouse is awesome! The Rodriguez movie is especially gory. The Tarantino part has a lot of a dialogue and moves slower than the first part but it still kicks ass. The fake trailers between the two films are hilarious, so it is no time to take a restroom break. I think these films are best enjoyed in partly filled theater so that you can hear audience reaction which definitely adds to the experience.
agreed 100%

2ndly, i'd like to see them do more movies together in this format and have others chip in.

I really loved the experience as a whole. The fake trailer,Planet Terror,more fake trailers(especially for Don't!....I laughed my ass off during that one)and intermission,Deathproof,right down to the old school ratings. If I had liked one movie and hated the other,hell,even I didn't like EITHER movie,I still would have loved the ride Tarantino and Rodriguez took me on. I'm not old enough to have seen movies like these in theaters,but I grew up renting these movies by the truckload. There were about 15 people,including me and my girl,total in the theater. One couple walked out 15 minutes into the movie. Another couple walked out 5 minutes later. Perfect! That alone added more realism to the experience. I've got to say,overall,I liked Deathproof slightly better than Planet Terror. I'm a sucker for Tarantino dialogue and I liked the unexpected turn that Deathproof took towards the end. The overall event was well worth the wait and the pain of having to piss like a racehorse that fell into a pond full of cranberry juice afterwards was....again....well worth the wait!

awesome... planet terror got more of the typical responses from the rest of the moviegoers at the 10:30am showing (about 40 people), and the trailers had everyone loaded into a roflcopter, i was surprized though that when deathproof ended almost everyone in the theatre was on their feet cheering.

good times.

The double-feature package "Grindhouse" was no match for the one-two punch of "Blades of Glory" and "Meet the Robinsons" during its first day at the box office, coming in at a disappointing No. 4.

Last weekend's top two movies stayed atop the heap, according to Friday estimates issued by box office tracking site boxofficemojo.com. "Grindhouse" opened behind another rookie, "Are We Done Yet?"

man how the hell blades of glory beat grindhouse. yea , grindhouse isnt for everybody... maybe over 3 hours is too long for people in a theater. i was hopin it wouldve been numero uno. coming in a no.4 is def diappointing. less hope for sequel.

This movie was hilarious. Especially if you dig the style and purposeful cheapness. Tom Savini had a field day in this one. The Texas theme for the whole film was cute as well.

Although I do think Quintin was a little too scattered in the writing of Death Proof. There really was no solid plot, and paired with Terror's full plot, it seemed kinda strange.

Girls kicking ass can never be missed, though!

Loved it! DeathProof was better IMO. I liked both movies but Deathproof really did it for me. I happen to love the drawn out dialogue and the uniqueness of the characters, it's just so different from most theater fodder these days. In fact it was the first movie I've gone to see in the theater in a while. When I go to see a movie I want to really get away from reality, and this film was the perfect Sunday afternoon escape.

tribal girl said:
I must say I prefer the look of Planet Terror over Death Proof. But then Rose McGowan with a gun for a leg will prove to be too tempting for most ;) =D .

rose.jpg

Hmmm. I know, it's pretty shallow =D
thanks. now i gotta change my pants:) Ive adored her since Scream

I have to be honest. it was one of the best times that I've had at the theatre in quite a while. it hit all of the right notes for me. and it reminded me of growing up and sneaking out to Robocop, Hellraiser etc... at the theatres in the shit end of town.

I'm surprised this film sunk down to No. 4 in the box office, what with two hall of fame directors at the helm. I heard Grindhouse didn't do good this weekend. I suspect it may have something to do with it being on Easter Weekend. or a lot of people may not want to sit through three hours, in this fast pace world we leave in now. this makes me upset because it means less of a chance for a sequel, god damn it! no Werewolf Women of the SS!

the fake trailers in the middle were the best part, especially the Eli Roth one "Thanksgiving". if the other movies looked and felt vintage like this one I would have really, really, really liked them. which brings me to a few questions I have...

why were the girls dressed like they were in the 70's but text messaging each other on cell phones? why did they all listen to cool 70's music on a juke box that plays vinyl? why did they make references to "Zatoichi"? why was Tarantino in both movies so much? why did Eli Roth try to act at all?

that being said I think I am going to go see this movie every weekend until my eyes bleed like Oedipus.

also! before I go out the door starting the work day I just wanna ooze nerdiness over Zoe (who played herself) in Death Proof. what a damn fine Kiwi! she did all her own stunts, of course, since she WAS Uma Thurman's stunt double in both Kill Bills.

Yeah, saw an interview with her before I actually saw the flick and thought "this chick is pretty badass". But then I see the movie and damn, she's the best part of the whole Deathproof story. This chick really is a badass! And she can really act! And she's cute! And she loves cars!. Me and my buddy couldn't stop smiling the whole time they were talkin' before they started the car chase scene. Fuckin' classic dialogue man. I love Tarantino.

I suspect the low box office numbers have to do with the length and the limited number of screenings. In my city each theater had it showing on one screen only with 3 showings. I suspect the rental and DVD sales markets are where it will really clean up.

Especially when they throw in all the deleted scenes. It is destined to be an all out cult classic. I think you could say that for most of Tarantino's work- collaborative or not

dbailey11 said:
Yeah, saw an interview with her before I actually saw the flick and thought "this chick is pretty badass". But then I see the movie and damn, she's the best part of the whole Deathproof story. This chick really is a badass! And she can really act! And she's cute! And she loves cars!. Me and my buddy couldn't stop smiling the whole time they were talkin' before they started the car chase scene. Fuckin' classic dialogue man. I love Tarantino.

yeah... she is very sexy and I do not think there was anybody in the audience, male or female, that was not turned on when she was riding the hood of that Dodge Challenger.

dbailey11 said:
Especially when they throw in all the deleted scenes. It is destined to be an all out cult classic. I think you could say that for most of Tarantino's work- collaborative or not

especially if you can remember the scene where that one chick who is afraid of Stuntman Mike's scar FINALLY gives him a lapdance but then they cut to "MISSING REEL" - well, the reel wasn't really missing. Tarantino filmed it but for length purposes he cut it out. so we will get to see it on the DVD!

AndyChrist said:
Incidentally, that looks like a Camaro.

incidentally, we both were wrong. in Death Proof, Kurt Russell's character drives a 1971/1972 Chevy Nova :)

Axl Blaze said:
also! before I go out the door starting the work day I just wanna ooze nerdiness over Zoe (who played herself) in Death Proof. what a damn fine Kiwi! she did all her own stunts, of course, since she WAS Uma Thurman's stunt double in both Kill Bills.

Hells yes! She did a lot more for me onscreen than Rose Mcgowan could EVER do.

zoe.jpg

killbill.jpg

This movie is one of the best movies i have ever seen. Planet Terror was AMAAAZING!!!

.... and just remember one thing...

DON'T!

Classic - I love when he asks if she's going left or right. And she says "left" and he says something along the lines of ruining the fun because now she'll be scared right away as opposed to being scared later. I LOVED this movie!! LOVED it. Deathproof was my favorite.