• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Green Tea v.s. White Tea! I can't see the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just gave white tea another try. It is quite nice. Kinda reminds me of cocoa.

You should be brewing green and white tea for 2 minutes, and the water shouldn't be boiling.

The proper method includes: heat your water until it it almost boiling. Pour the water into your empty teapot and let it warm. Now, pour the water into your empty glasses- let it warm them up. Put your loose green tea into the teapot and pour the water back in. Allow to steep for ~2 minutes, then pour and consume.

Well every single box off green tea I have ever drunk say's 'caffeine free' on the side.

Then your probably not drinking real green tea, or its just been decaffeinated, but personally I find that pretty rare when dealing with real loose-leaf teas.

Also, if your steeping both green and white tea for the same time and temp, I can't imagine the end result of at least one of the two turning out too well. Totally different tea, therefore in general the prep is different in each one depending on the tea you have.

Never tried Green, I want to. I drink black, I think it's black, the kind we drink in England. I drink it all the time, with milk and sugar! ;)

English tea,
that's grown in India
that originates from China! ;)

Yeah, it's black. Green tea tastes a lot more vegetably, but I for one prefer it. If you find the taste off-putting, try an oolong. It's semi-fermented, so it's basically halfway between green and black. There is a lot of variety between them too, so you can get one that is closer to green, or closer to black.

In other news, I'm nearly out of matcha, and I think that I may end up freaking out. I can't make it to the Asian market until Friday, and I sure as hell am not going to pay $30 for a 30g tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.