• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Green liquid - is it really Valium or Methadone?

MaddMary

Greenlighter
A friend recently acquired an eye drop sized vial of green liquid. We were told it was liquid valium, made from a green valium powder. I believed this at first, as 10 mg Vs are green, but after doing some research I found out V is not water soluble. Also, V powder is rare and white.
My friend insists the guy is trust worthy, but I'm seruously starting to question the substance. I decided to play reverse detective and googled "bright green liquid drug". The result of that Google search came up as methadone, and upon looking at Google images, I realized the liquid in question is identical to the green version of liquid methadone.
So, is it likely we were told the vial was liquid valium when in reality it's methadone? Has anyone heard of green liquid valium? If it is methadone, should the friend toss it out altogether? Would the dosing be the same? The friend was told that the eye drop sized bottle is 5 doses, which isn't a precise dose as I would like it to be.
Like I said, friend has trusted this guy for quite some time, but I want to be sure before anyone risks OD.

We don't do drug id here. But I highly doubt it's valium

Trying to identify a substance by color alone is inherently dangerous unless you at least have some reagents involved. It could also be something like Propylene glycol or mixture of almost anything. Personally I try to avoid little unlabeled amber vials.

Yeah, you're going to need to buy some reagent kits in order to know anything about what you bought, but I wouldn't touch it until it has been tested.

You wouldnt get methadone in a vial that size. Your talking about drops of it. Green methadone is 1mg/ml and even if you had no tolerance to opiates whatsoever, i very much doubt you would feel anything off a couple of drops. Another thing is green coloured methadone is 1mg/ml. I had a friend go into hospital who was on a VERY high dose, and she was given BLUE coloured methadone which was something like 5mg/ml. She had to Jones out for a while as the nurses in the hospital were unsure about the conversion rate or something. What im saying is methadone in a tiny vial that has an effective dose ,would not be green colour as someone may mistake it got the 1mg/ml solution.

As for diazepam, i have never heard of green coloured vials, but your friend might have misidentified it when it could be something like Midazolam which is used in dentistry and is a powerful benzo which comes in vials.

Out of curiosity, how many mls is the vial? Does it not have a label or code anywhere on it?

I have a hard time believing it’s diazepam. Benzo solutions are in propylene glycol solution giving a milky appearance. At least the ones I’ve had of designer Benzos from the web.

I’m not the most cautious person but I’d be careful with the mystery liquid.

It could be dissolved in alcohol.... Does the solution have a smell to it?

Diazepam vials for injection are an off white emulsion (called diazemuls) and not green....although a believe there is a form of injectable diazepam that's dissolved in a PG and not an emulsion...but it's still not green.

Sounds more like methadone.....however I have heard of them giving diazepam tablets crushed up in a green syrup in rehab facilities as it makes it easy to see if the patient has vommited up their dose while in withdrawl or not due to the liquid being bright green....(this obviously impacts whether or not they should be re-dosed depending on the colour of the vommit)....this is just something prepared on site rhough and the diazepam doesn't come in this presentation...it's just a good way of seeing if the patient has managed to keep the diazepam down or not

Last edited: