• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Grapefruit juice and Clonazepam

royerlraph79

Bluelighter
Hi, I've heard that grapefruit juice and Clonazepam interact together and give better anxiety relief. So, how long before taking Clonazepam should I drink the juice? Or should I drink it in same time as I take the pill?

The interaction is indirect, from the grapefruit juice disabling ways your body has of breaking down Clonazepam (and many other drugs). This will allow more clonazepam to act before it is broken down, and as a result it may not only be stronger but also act longer because it is not broken down and eliminated from the body (goes hand in hand) properly.

It is unpredictable how much stronger or longer drugs act so be careful!

I think grapefruit juice may have an effect for a number of days, and it takes a little while to start working - like an hour maybe more.

Make sure you don't get such strong effects - not only anxiety, there is also effect on your memory among other things, it can make you 'black out' and behave strangely / inappropriately... taking too much benzos is no joke, and combining grapefruit juice with benzos makes them stronger but with uncertain factor.

Definitely works. Give it a try, it is random how much stronger the effects can be, but I have had great results doing this before. They go perfect together. Weird how something as simple as grapefruit juice, which does nothing to effect your state of mind on its own, can make something like klonopin and other benzos or other drugs altogether feel stronger.

Definitely works. Give it a try, it is random how much stronger the effects can be, but I have had great results doing this before. They go perfect together. Weird how something as simple as grapefruit juice, which does nothing to effect your state of mind on its own, can make something like klonopin and other benzos or other drugs altogether feel stronger.
Great! I'll try it out, but how long before taking the meds should I drink the juice and how much?

The interaction is indirect, from the grapefruit juice disabling ways your body has of breaking down Clonazepam (and many other drugs). This will allow more clonazepam to act before it is broken down, and as a result it may not only be stronger but also act longer because it is not broken down and eliminated from the body (goes hand in hand) properly.

It is unpredictable how much stronger or longer drugs act so be careful!

I think grapefruit juice may have an effect for a number of days, and it takes a little while to start working - like an hour maybe more.

Make sure you don't get such strong effects - not only anxiety, there is also effect on your memory among other things, it can make you 'black out' and behave strangely / inappropriately... taking too much benzos is no joke, and combining grapefruit juice with benzos makes them stronger but with uncertain factor.
Thanks!

Don't expect anything groundbreaking from this combination. I think statistically speaking, there is going to be an increase in potency, but coming from experience, the amount of potentiation will be at best minimal and at worst inperceptible. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here. I just don't want people to have unrealistic expectations about their drug supply.

Grapefruit juice ime definitely potentiates benzos and opiates quite a bit, so much so that it could get dangerous for somebody unaware of the possible interaction.

Great! I'll try it out, but how long before taking the meds should I drink the juice and how much?
Maybe 30 mins or so before you take it drink some, then down the klonopin with another regular sized glass of it. That is how I got the best results anyway.

Maybe 30 mins or so before you take it drink some, then down the klonopin with another regular sized glass of it. That is how I got the best results anyway.
Since Klonopin doesn't work on full stomach for me will it still work if I take the meds in same time as I drink this juice (about 30 min after the first time) or I should drink the juice about 30 min before and take the meds with a glass of water?

Does anyone utfse? OP use the megathead. Your questions will be answered.

Since Klonopin doesn't work on full stomach for me will it still work if I take the meds in same time as I drink this juice (about 30 min after the first time) or I should drink the juice about 30 min before and take the meds with a glass of water?
I'm just saying that's how I did it. not sure if you are sensitive to klonopin like that though to where 2 glasses of grapefruit juice would have your stomach to full, if its just grapefruit juice in your stomach, I don't see how that would mess anything up. It would only make it stronger I would think, if you just drank those 2 glasses of grapefruit juice, took the klonopin and nothing else.

I'm just saying that's how I did it. not sure if you are sensitive to klonopin like that though to where 2 glasses of grapefruit juice would have your stomach to full, if its just grapefruit juice in your stomach, I don't see how that would mess anything up. It would only make it stronger I would think, if you just drank those 2 glasses of grapefruit juice, took the klonopin and nothing else.
Sure, but the juice will interact with the klonopin once they are both in my blood, not in my stomach, right?

^ It doesn't interact with the klonipin directly,wgfj inhibits the enzymes that break down the klonipin.. There are other things that do the same thing.. I believe there's a thread around here that's goes into depth about the topic..

I think what NAT2 does is acetylation, but of 7-aminoclonazepam to the acetamino ; 7-amino is the primary metabolite which has slight activity and is first formed by biotransformation via CYP P450 so NAT2 seems less relevant...