• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Grapefruit and promethazine

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I usually take promethazine but I keep reading that grapefruit is brilliant for extending the High?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] Q 1) is it ok to take promethazine + grapefruit at same time ?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Q2) [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So I?m a little confused on the matter , some people say to take twenty minutes before , where as some people say to take at same time as dosing codeine ? Where as other say 20 mins after ?? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Also stupid question but dos it matter what variety and is pure juice better then concentrated?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Also dos it make a massive difference having say 1 glass worth or a few ? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Personally I can?t stand the stuff as it?s bitter as hell .. [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I usually take promethazine but I keep reading that grapefruit is brilliant for extending the High?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] Q 1) is it ok to take promethazine + grapefruit at same time ?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Q2) [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So I?m a little confused on the matter , some people say to take twenty minutes before , where as some people say to take at same time as dosing codeine ? Where as other say 20 mins after ?? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Also stupid question but dos it matter what variety and is pure juice better then concentrated?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Also dos it make a massive difference having say 1 glass worth or a few ? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Personally I can?t stand the stuff as it?s bitter as hell .. [/FONT]

I think you are talking about potentiating Codeine?? Grapefruit juice and Promethazine may help.. but not that much. Drink the Grapefruit juice about an hour before you plan on doing the Codeine. As for the Promethazine, you are told to take it with/after the Codeine. Buy IMHO Promethazine doesn't make much difference. It may make you a little drowsy... As for the white Grapefruit juice - I drink a whole 1Litre carton.

Grapefruit juice works with some opioids - like oxycodone for example - because it can inhibit the enzymes responsible for breaking down the opioid. This causes the active drug to linger in the body longer hopefully causing higher concentrations.

It doesn't work this way with codeine, in fact it's the opposite of what you want. Most of codeine effects happen when codeine is converted into morphine in the body. Grapefruit juice can inhibit this conversion.

Grapefruit juice works with some opioids - like oxycodone for example - because it can inhibit the enzymes responsible for breaking down the opioid. This causes the active drug to linger in the body longer hopefully causing higher concentrations.

It doesn't work this way with codeine, in fact it's the opposite of what you want. Most of codeine effects happen when codeine is converted into morphine in the body. Grapefruit juice can inhibit this conversion.

Damm ok well im pretty annoyed coz i just wasted my codeine dose then grr