• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Grand Theft Auto V

say what hwat hwatnh/.... explanation please!1!

They changed up the payouts on races and deathmatches.

Where a race used to net you between $10,000-$13,600 per first place finish, many of them only offer as little as $980 now. That is less than the guy who finished last used to get for racing. It's a slap in the face, and makes races meaningless.

They distribute pay among the winning team in Team Deathmatches now, so if you are on the losing team you stand to lose more money than you gain by participating in Team Deathmatches. Also, it is not possible to earn as much.

It's really bad, and the only way to earn money is to do coop phone missions (of which I have done almost 95% of them, including all of the good, well paying ones) over and over again, which is repetitive as fuck.

It's because they want people to buy their stupid fucking cash cards. 24 hours ago I loved this game, but they have taken all the fun out of it by nerfing the payouts from the competitive game modes. I'm done. I just can't enjoy it anymore.

I'll be back if they right the ship again in the next patch, but it is doubtful that they do. They likely don't care about people like me because I will never give them a dime for some virtual currency.

Honestly I have to agree, it's nearly impossible to make a significant amount of money in this game. Online can get really fucking repetitive, it seems like an amazing concept that wasn't seen fully through. I think they pushed the game out way too early to try and get people to buy it for the 360 and Xbox One, doubling their profits.

Still, online is pretty great... just no where near what it has the potential for.

What I don't get with online: whats the point of buying flash cars when in races you don't drive your own?

anyways, even with all our griefs combined, gtav online is a million times better than gtaiv online.

Rockstar nerfed the fuck out of all the payouts for races and team deathmatches. By a factor of a shitload.

All they want to do is sell cash cards and I'm not going to be a part of it anymore. I quit.

Overnight I went from loving this game to hating it. But this is some fucking up, greedy, repugnant shit they are trying to pull.

I thought that they were too nerfed before. You are right. Fucking greedy asshats.

They break the game just so people have to spend money. I still agree in part with my problem from the start with this game. I hate what it and the money is about. Greedy fucking shit. Still enjoyable game. But I'm just going to glitch the money into being like I have been... Now with zero guilt.

Still, cheating takes the fun out of it... But I really don't have the time to save a million from the tiny amounts given, to get a fast car and soup it up. Rock star fucked up. They basically based it on money value... instead of game value.

If you want easy money without glitching... You can make 12k in the mission "covetted" and you can do it in 4-5 minutes. But I prefer selling but not selling souped up cars. Its also quite boring that mission... On repeat.

Last edited:
What I don't get with online: whats the point of buying flash cars when in races you don't drive your own?

anyways, even with all our griefs combined, gtav online is a million times better than gtaiv online.

You can if custom cars option is set to on.

I have a gripe about races: "Catch Up" is bullshit. Such bullshit. I've lost most races some in part because I manage to get a fast start and avoid the wrecks in the beginning, and it slows me down and let's people a mile back cruise on by. Something like this I can understand in GTA Race mode, but not straight race.

Sometimes its like my speed gets stuck slow as well. I can go from leading to last place... Like punishment for winning.

Apologies for double post. I'll fix it when I get home.

Hey someone play with me on xbox live my gamertag is raoulduke88420

You can if custom cars option is set to on.

I have a gripe about races: "Catch Up" is bullshit. Such bullshit. I've lost most races some in part because I manage to get a fast start and avoid the wrecks in the beginning, and it slows me down and let's people a mile back cruise on by. Something like this I can understand in GTA Race mode, but not straight race.

Sometimes its like my speed gets stuck slow as well. I can go from leading to last place... Like punishment for winning.

Apologies for double post. I'll fix it when I get home.

Agreed. Catch Up is bullshit. It literally penalizes you for running the perfect race. Whenever I host I turn it off, and I see that a lot of people have started to do that as well.

I hate how everybody just tries to wreck each other at the beginning of the race. These dudes have no idea that that's not how you win.

The release was actually delayed.

Maybe they should have delayed it a bit more..? :\ They pretty much used their customers as beta testers, another not-so-nice move...

Still, I would never sell my copy. GTA is a great fucking game just to mess around in, the Single Player still far surpasses the old versions. There is some crrraazzzyyyy shit that goes on in this game lol... but you do have to be kind of patient for it.

I'll add you guys on the Box soon though, anyone else who has it and doesn't want to post it publicly just PM me

Tips and tricks for making money in multiplayer under the new system:

Deathmatches are where the money is at now. Payouts are determined by the length of time of a particular activity, and different activities have different caps. Racing is capped at $8450 for first place, and that is only for races that take around 8 minutes at the very least. Second place might get as little as $3300 in certain circumstances, despite the $8450 payout to first. Unless you are a near perfect racer, don't bother with it until/unless Rockstar raises the payout again, which I believe they will.

But back to deathmatches, payouts for deathmatches are capped at a very respectable $16,200 for first place, with everybody from 2nd-6th down also earning reasonable money for their position. This is only if the deathmatch lasts around 10 minutes (I believe 8 1/2 or 9 might be where the cap itself actually occurs, but 10 minutes is good to use for practical purposes). If you are ever hosting a game, turn the target score off and set the match for at least 10 minutes. The payouts do not raise proportionally, i.e. a 5 minute match may only net 1st place $6600 or $7450 in some circumstances, so it never pays to participate in a deathmatch that is under 10 minutes long, particularly with the cost of ammo being so high. Suggest removing the target score to your host, although they tend not to listen to a word I fucking say.

Also, team deathmatches award $9160 to every member of the winning team, should the match last approximately 10 minutes. This is also a very reasonable payment.

It's why it surprises me that racing payouts are so nerfed, because Rockstar actually offered the opportunity to earn more money than ever before in death matches, and it is now possible to earn good money on a consistent basis in Team Deathmatch. If you (or your host) knows how to work the system properly.

Also, vehicle deathmatches, particularly the fighter jet battle at Fort Zancudo (as it requires actual skill rather than cheap strategies like only going after injured tanks in the tank death matches), are now the best money makers in the game, as they pay the same $16,200 for a 10 minute match as any other deathmatch, yet cost absolutely nothing in terms of weapons or armor.

So, the game is changing, but making money is still possible. And with the popularity of racing having waned so much since the payout cuts (and I'm not just talking about Criminal Records and Down the Drain here, races are a ghost town across the board), I have to imagine Rockstar will raise them whenever patch 1.07 comes out.

^thanks for that, mate.

i finished the story in single player. up to 77%, and took about 55 hours of casual gaming.

gg

My fucking Xbox disk drive broke so I haven't been able to play :|

I'd agree though, the game did kind of lose it's appeal. I thought there was going to be a LOT more to do, the lame ass missions are repetitive as fuck and making legit money takes WAY too long :p

I was just given above 400 million.

Yeah I got a $500 million bounty the other day - bought a shit load of cars, garages, planes etc but my RP are still too low to be able to buy any cool weapons so is all a bit pointless and now the missions etc are just owned by people with ridiculous stats and I can't win enough to build any RP. Has pretty much ruined the game.

Tips and tricks for making money in multiplayer under the new system:

Deathmatches are where the money is at now. Payouts are determined by the length of time of a particular activity, and different activities have different caps. Racing is capped at $8450 for first place, and that is only for races that take around 8 minutes at the very least. Second place might get as little as $3300 in certain circumstances, despite the $8450 payout to first. Unless you are a near perfect racer, don't bother with it until/unless Rockstar raises the payout again, which I believe they will.

But back to deathmatches, payouts for deathmatches are capped at a very respectable $16,200 for first place, with everybody from 2nd-6th down also earning reasonable money for their position. This is only if the deathmatch lasts around 10 minutes (I believe 8 1/2 or 9 might be where the cap itself actually occurs, but 10 minutes is good to use for practical purposes). If you are ever hosting a game, turn the target score off and set the match for at least 10 minutes. The payouts do not raise proportionally, i.e. a 5 minute match may only net 1st place $6600 or $7450 in some circumstances, so it never pays to participate in a deathmatch that is under 10 minutes long, particularly with the cost of ammo being so high. Suggest removing the target score to your host, although they tend not to listen to a word I fucking say.

Also, team deathmatches award $9160 to every member of the winning team, should the match last approximately 10 minutes. This is also a very reasonable payment.

It's why it surprises me that racing payouts are so nerfed, because Rockstar actually offered the opportunity to earn more money than ever before in death matches, and it is now possible to earn good money on a consistent basis in Team Deathmatch. If you (or your host) knows how to work the system properly.

Also, vehicle deathmatches, particularly the fighter jet battle at Fort Zancudo (as it requires actual skill rather than cheap strategies like only going after injured tanks in the tank death matches), are now the best money makers in the game, as they pay the same $16,200 for a 10 minute match as any other deathmatch, yet cost absolutely nothing in terms of weapons or armor.

So, the game is changing, but making money is still possible. And with the popularity of racing having waned so much since the payout cuts (and I'm not just talking about Criminal Records and Down the Drain here, races are a ghost town across the board), I have to imagine Rockstar will raise them whenever patch 1.07 comes out.

I have half a billion dollars, money is the least of my concerns - how do you accumulate RP as quickly as possible?

Yea I've got 1.5 billion now. I just play anymore. I like missions online, even if I've played most. Its a good game to smoke and fuck off.

I'm basically playing to rank up and qualify for upgrading vehicles. The Adder performs like a different beast than before with the race transmission. Didn't think it would make a huge difference but when I got it the guy in the shop said that I shaved .8 off my zero-60. And it looks cool lowered completely. I wonder if the last engine upgrade will make much difference.

The game got broke. I think the hackers getting all the money and giving it away... or... I'm not sure if they meant for this to happen like this but they just stuck it to Rockstar.

I just figured it up... I have approximately 1,400,000,000 in game $. At $20 per 1 million, that's $28,000 "real world".

Last edited:
I have half a billion dollars, money is the least of my concerns - how do you accumulate RP as quickly as possible?

Much of what I said was made irrelevant by the next patch, even without all the (now patched) DNS hacks that left us all with billions of dollars. I have 7.9 billion right now.

Just play the game. You level up fast enough. I can tell you guys how to buy a Cargobob or a tank (while under level 70) if you want, though.

when you have to go and rob that van for trevors mum is that the end of it? did he just imagine it or what. very satisfied with the game though. ive just got to find spaceship parts and a few nuculear bits