• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gotu Kola is pretty cool

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
Has a noticeable uppity effect on me. Saw it at my hippie vitamin/herb shop that has everything you could think of and saw this, googled it, saw good results and was sold. I didn't think it would have this type of effect though. I thought it would just be like any other herb I take at bedtime like passionflower, skullcap, chamomile, lemon balm, and just got valerian after not taking it for awhile. I could take no drugs and this combo would still chill out my body or have an anti-anxiety effect, but not an uppity mood lift like this Gotu Kola stuff. I don't really understand the whole extract aspect of it though, if that means it's stronger and such. The valerian was extract 250mg, I'd take regular at 500mg and it suggested 2 capsules on the bottle, this suggests only one. So does the Gotu but I'd taken a 2nd one since I read it's safe. This stuff is packed with vitamin C and pretty sweet to be honest. Out of any of the little herbal charms I take before bed this one seems to be the most noticeable since it has a real mental feeling and not just sedation/relaxation. But it's relaxing at the same time.

Anyone else taken this?

Has a noticeable uppity effect on me. Saw it at my hippie vitamin/herb shop that has everything you could think of and saw this, googled it, saw good results and was sold. I didn't think it would have this type of effect though. I thought it would just be like any other herb I take at bedtime like passionflower, skullcap, chamomile, lemon balm, and just got valerian after not taking it for awhile. I could take no drugs and this combo would still chill out my body or have an anti-anxiety effect, but not an uppity mood lift like this Gotu Kola stuff. I don't really understand the whole extract aspect of it though, if that means it's stronger and such. The valerian was extract 250mg, I'd take regular at 500mg and it suggested 2 capsules on the bottle, this suggests only one. So does the Gotu but I'd taken a 2nd one since I read it's safe. This stuff is packed with vitamin C and pretty sweet to be honest. Out of any of the little herbal charms I take before bed this one seems to be the most noticeable since it has a real mental feeling and not just sedation/relaxation. But it's relaxing at the same time.

Anyone else taken this?
I have never mate, I would too! But surely won't because odds not being so unpleasantly reactive/allergic to it are too near to nill to be worth it without a mystic by my side.

But sounds interesting.

Remember me mentioning Shilajit to you? Amazing remedy that really does up the effects of kava many notches not just the usual one.

Wow, dood. You're trying a lot of the "legal highs" available in the 70's. Many were pretty mild. Many were fine and dandy and/or had their place. (Kava comes to mind). It's kinda cool to hear your takes.

Try Guarana for zippy. It has other Xanthines besides Caffeine and can get you going. You need the powdered because you mix it with water and drink powder and all. (I think the alkaloids are not all water soluble or sumpin') It's worth a try.

Damiana is really mild, but pleasant. A cup of tea and a smoke of it wasn't bad after smoking pot all day, though. You know, that stage where you're getting kinda burnt and you'll just take a hit or two of reefer. Gives things a different flavor.
YMMV on this one, it is mild, worth a try if you get some cheap, maybe.

Betel is a tobacco substitute. Similar in effect and as addicting.

Last edited:
Kanna is decent.

Never tried mulungu.

Or skullcap, sounds to carry unenjoyable sides.

Never rule out nature though.

Nature has given us some amazing ones. THC, cocaine, morphine, DMT. I find the unusual complexity of what nature provides extra alluring. Like who in their right mind could come up with Cocaine? It’s such a unique drug pharmacologically it just blows my mind.

-GC

Nature has given us some amazing ones. THC, cocaine, morphine, DMT. I find the unusual complexity of what nature provides extra alluring. Like who in their right mind could come up with Cocaine? It’s such a unique drug pharmacologically it just blows my mind.

-GC
Yes. Except, unfortunately has still at least recent decade's cocaine not been largely produced under jungle cover from copters, using 4 of about the most toxic chemicals known.

Bleach, kerosene, sulfuric acid and I think other was paraffin.

Coca leaves, other hand, open store near me,

I'm a happy chewer! :)

And the mad irony too for myself since ever, how LSD isn't naturally occurring, outside passive ergot fungus stuff if that was a thing uses chemicals.

IS a Chemical. But molecularly near carbon copy of nature.

I sat once in a Sunday church, just visited evening to have banter with old friend Tony.

As we sat, he said two things to me. Unprovoked.

"The thing about you Alexis, is you're real."

He was bang on there re it's true deeper meaning.

But funny was...

(As he turned his head to me said decisively..) "God didn't make LSD."

Without thinking I replied "yes, but he did make Magic Mushrooms"

Tony laughed as he said in some joy.. "you're right, he DID make Magic Mushrooms"

That concluded that argument lol.