• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Got my pills wet.

Speeddemon95

Greenlighter
Okay so somehow I got my lorazepam wet. The drugs are still there just about 1\4 th the bottle is powder now. I have to take 0.5 x4 times a day everyday. Should I call my doctor and tell him what happened.? Should I try and split the powder by eye the best I can? I have to take benzodiazepines everyday I don't know what to do. I have roughly 80 intact pills and I don't get my refill till the 11th. Any advice?

Do you have a good relationship with your doc? Tell them the truth. Otherwise you have enough to get you through to the 7th or 8th and you could do some math and figure out how much approximately is in the pile of powder. Don't have to be exact but you'll be close enough so if you decide to by dividing the material in 2 equal sized halves you'll get it down to close enough that it won't be too much or too little.

You could even use this as an opportunity to check in with yourself everyday and ask I really need that 4th dose? Especially like first thing in the morning when you're tired and so on. Might find that you'll save enough to not even have to worry about the powder

Do you have a good relationship with your doc? Tell them the truth. Otherwise you have enough to get you through to the 7th or 8th and you could do some math and figure out how much approximately is in the pile of powder. Don't have to be exact but you'll be close enough so if you decide to by dividing the material in 2 equal sized halves you'll get it down to close enough that it won't be too much or too little.

You could even use this as an opportunity to check in with yourself everyday and ask I really need that 4th dose? Especially like first thing in the morning when you're tired and so on. Might find that you'll save enough to not even have to worry about the powder
Yes and no he knows I am a former alcoholic. I am actually shocked he put me on ativan for tourettes syndrome.I have honestly thought about trying to cut out or cut down the 4th dose I wish I would have never started taking benzos everyday.I'm afraid if I call tell him he we just think I am trying to get more pills and cut me off completely.

Yes and no he knows I am a former alcoholic. I am actually shocked he put me on ativan for tourettes syndrome.I have honestly thought about trying to cut out or cut down the 4th dose I wish I would have never started taking benzos everyday.I'm afraid if I call tell him he we just think I am trying to get more pills and cut me off completely.
Tell him that too, because you're aware that suddenly stopping taking them is a bad idea (not to mention malpractice) and almost casually that you heard accounts of people having seizures and worse. Avoid emotionally-charged words or ones indicating excessive worry or fixation w/ fear of running out of your medicine, like for example giving him too many details regarding the situation with the lorazepam. And if you're not ready to stop make sure and emphasize that. Do your homework and then forget it all when you walk in the door except for the human aspect that you're a person not just an insurance billing code or a Health Plan member number

The simple fact is nothing confounds a doctor more than a little heartfelt honesty, you might almost call it bedside manner. Lay a little truth on your doctor it'll shock them back to reality.

...at least temporarily, until they remember the HMO, Hospital admin., upcoming board exams for recertification, DEA and FDA and CDC all breathing down their necks, stupid and inhumane covid rules made by bureaucrats, and so on...

I agree with darvocet. In fact I would offer to bring in the prescription bottle with the ruined pills and leave with the receptionist if you need too. Nothing wrong with knowing your medications and explaining to the doctor.

Sometimes I think the guilt we all feel is a bunch of BS we put on ourselves. Yes people abuse things but we should not feel that guilt. I like the heartfelt honestly approach as well as offering to bring in the bottle with the ruined pills. Then they will just refill and not even need you to do that but offering shows good faith. It is funny people that do not feel any guilt have no problems grilling their docs for meds. lol