• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Discussion Google censoring harm reduction results

Viraldrome

Bluelighter
I saw someone mention that when you search a drug, any drug the first page of Google results is DEA, private treatment centers, WebMD, kids health etc, but harm reduction sites are always buried in several pages back. Even worse there are anti drug sites posing as information sites like drug.com.

Like how is drugfreeworld.com more of a useful resource than Erowid? Everyone here knows how to search this stuff, but for sure every casual user doesn't. And there are times when harm reduction info needs to be fast, its literally life or death. Every drug should have its Erowid listing first, followed by the big and dandy thread here. I am not saying the other side should be hidden, but you shouldn't have to wade thru 10 pages of useless shit to find somewhere that lists dangerous combos.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember right some of our wonderful staffers are in the process of trying to make that happen. Aka get BL back where it should be on Google. Hopefully, because I agree the current Google results are dangerous at best.

-GC

Yeah, it bugged me quite a few times that google presents anti-drug sites as information and people who believe google because it usually works with referencing to wikipedia etc. these people will also believe the anti shit they read. This causes substantial damage. I really hope bluelight gets its deserved place on google back.

I saw someone mention that when you search a drug, any drug the first page of Google results is DEA, private treatment centers, WebMD, kids health etc, but harm reduction sites are always buried in several pages back. Even worse there are anti drug sites posing as information sites like drug.com.

Like how is drugfreeworld.com more of a useful resource than Erowid? Everyone here knows how to search this stuff, but for sure every casual user doesn't. And there are times when harm reduction info needs to be fast, its literally life or death. Every drug should have its Erowid listing first, followed by the big and dandy thread here. I am not saying the other side should be hidden, but you shouldn't have to wade thru 10 pages of useless shit to find somewhere that lists dangerous combos.

Special interest groups are a type of evil in the world.

So does this mean that G*ogle is in favor of Harm caused by drug use? Do they back harm promotion, harm retention?

Last edited:
Those sites pay for key words and utilize strong meta to match what people type when they query for information on drugs. Most harm reduction sites and Bluelight included are not up to par with what the search engine requirements are to be front page. Its not censorship, its us falling behind the curve.

Bluelight is doing everything it can to get ahead again. It will happen.

DEA is heavily vested in harm reduction in the US by the way. The US is ahead of Canada in saome respects now. You should check out the information on the offending sites before you presume that they cant be used for harm reduction, or arent moving toward being pro decrtminalization and harm reduction themselves. The DEA website is a great resource actually if you can ignore the stereotype of their history.

When you Google anything health related now, the search results are all government and big pharma. That shift happened during the pandemic when big tech helped government, regulators and drug companies become the ministry of truth about covid vaccination. They suppressed all other info instead of letting search engine results be determined democratically.

If you want to find better information you have to get creative now. The information systems have all been hijacked by leftism, neo-liberalism and big tech.