going to jail; need advice

I work in a state prison, min and med security, 95% white, sentence lengths 9 months to 5 years. [I'm also a libertarian and believe all drugs should be legal, so I'm not the enemy just because I work there.]

At our place, it seems best to lay low. You can make friends, but keep it superficial. I have seen people reveal secrets to those they thought were their good friends, and before they knew it the whole housing unit knew.

Respect both corrections officers and other inmates. Don't lose your temper. If you're in a bad mood and don't think you can control yourself, stay in your cell for rec and chill out. Never mouth back to a c.o. no matter how much you disagree with them or you'll spend your time in seg, which is no fun at all, and your sentence might be lengthened.

Don't complain. Don't gamble. Catch up on your reading.

PARooolller said:
You're joking correct? Have you ever been to jail? Three main things

-Respect to authority and other prisoners
-Keep to yourself unless you are forced to interact
-Exercise

--Don't do drugs unless you're in there for a couple of years....I had a classmate get a 45 day sentence turned into a 2 year stay becuase he kept fucking up....The first time, he was caught smoking weed rolled in a hall mark card and blowing the smoke in the toilet......

I would hate to be high in prison...
We don't have jail here, just State Prison.