• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Going to IV H for the first time. Advice for starting dose

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
So I am a bit of an oxycontin addict but I have to wait another two weeks before I get anymore. Only thing I can get right now is black tar H and it doesn't seem very good as it is impossible to get high from smoking it. All it does is help with oxy withdrawal. Anyway I am thinking of trying to shoot it for the first time. Like I said I have a pretty big oxy tolerance like 80mg to get a good high. Anybody have any advice for me as far as a good first time dose for iving black tar? Again the shit doesnt seem very strong. I don't need any responses telling me that H is bad and i shouldn't shoot up or any crap like that. I know what im getting into so all I want is real actual advice. Thanks!

How much IV experience do you have?

(I realize that this is your first time shooting heroin, but have you shot other substances before?)

No IV experience at all. I have been researching for a long time as I have been curious, so I think I am pretty confident in the procedure and the safety precautions. I was told that 0.1 or 100mg is a decent dose for people with any opiate tolerance. But wanted some other opinions.

It's really hard for me to say. I've shot up close to a point but almost blacked-out and lost consciousness briefly from that, I could barely even walk. Your dope sounds bad but, if you know someone who actually shoots heroin regularly, I'd consult with them, or at least have them around when you shoot up. I'm glad that my heroin addled drug dealer actually taught me how to do it, at least for my first time with it...also the IV high can be pretty intense if you're not familiar with it (hell, even if you're familiar with it sometimes)

I would say try like 50mg for the first time just to be safe and slowly titrate yourself up if you didn't get the desired effects. Remember you can always take more, but you can't undo a dose you already did.

If the quality is that bad, you really wanna stick it into a vein?

^Seriously

If you can't get any effect from smoking it, and you're dead set on using a syringe, just plug it. You don't even need to filter it! No chances of abscess, missing a vein, track marks, collapsing veins, endocarditis, or any of that bullshit with intrarectal administration. The rush is almost as good as IV, and the legs are even longer than IV. All you need is a 1mL oral syringe (most pharmacies give them out for free) or an insulin syringe with the needle removed.

I have to say I've never used heroin or a needle, but I will tell you this: almost every Bluelighter that comes through here and makes the switch from oxy -> heroin saves money in the beginning due to better bang for your buck, but eventually ends up using the same money they used to spend on oxy due to tolerance increasing from using massive amounts of cheap opiates. Heroin and meth have too much euphoria per dollar spent IMO, which is how they destroy lives so quickly.

At least oxy addicts' addictions are self-limiting due to the high cost of oxy on the street, but even poor heroin and meth users can afford to maintain daily habits which seems great at first but just ends up ruining your life that much quicker. You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but these kind of rx opiate -> heroin transition stories occur so commonly here on Bluelight that it's almost depressing. :\

I can't really help with a suggestion for shooting h, but if you're just trying to avoid withdrawals from your oxy and using h as an interim solution, may I suggest poppy seed tea? It really works, you don't have to sick a needle in your body, you know that it wasn't cut with other dangerous shit that some dealer used to stretch his supply.

If the quality is that bad, you really wanna stick it into a vein?

Ding ding ding!

But he doesn't want to hear any "crap" like that lol.

In the interest of harm reduction, 80mg of oxy is a pretty small habit. If you tried smoking this tar and it didn't even get you high, it must be utter garbage. Shooting tar is already a gross thing to do, and if it is so shitty that it doesn't even get you high, why on Earth would you stick it in your arms, ESPECIALLY when you have no experience with shooting dope? This is a disaster just waiting to happen.

I know you really don't want to hear this "crap," but what you are proposing is literally going to change your life forever, and in a very shitty way. I have posted this here since 2004ish, and no one ever listens (I didn't when people told me to avoid IV), and a few have even come back a few months later to tell us how shitty their life has become. If telling someone that starting to shoot heroin is a terrible idea isn't harm reduction, then I don't understand the concept of harm reduction here. This isn't hyperbole, because you can search thousands of posts online, and read about how dramatically people's lives have changed since they picked up the needle. If you are only at 80mg of oxy, you could quit now with relative ease, instead of becoming a professional dope fiend.

I hope you choose wisely, but I know more than likely you wont.

^These are both far safer options.
IVing the sort of random crap that seems to be in black tar h sounds pretty scary.
Withdrawals are scary too, but they're unlikely to have the sort of health complications that shooting weak/cut/impure smack could have.
Seeing as you already have already obtained the tar, plugging seems like a pretty good option to me.
I don't think anyone wants to encourage you to inject a substance that is likely to be full of impurities - which i presume your stuff is.
IV drug use bypasses your body's defence systems, putting the substance directly into the bloodstream, so having really impure gear makes it all the more risky - and pointless.

If your heroin is of poor quality, it can lead to all kinds of health problems such as endocarditis (an infection of the inner lining of the heart) or pulmonary embolism (blocked artery to the lung).

It might seem like the most efficient way to get "something" out of a crap deal. But all you're realing doing is making a relatively (physically) benign oxycodone addiction (assuming you're taking them orally?) exponentially more dangerous.
I don't need any responses telling me that H is bad and i shouldn't shoot up or any crap like that. I know what im getting into so all I want is real actual advice. Thanks!
Understood, and respect that you don't want to lectured - but i'm not saying H is bad or that you shoudn't shoot up.

As for the dope whicj you say "is impossible to get high from smoking it" - lets assume that it's most likely crap, very impure.. If you inject it, you're putting those impurities straight into your bloodstream, which wont get you any more high, but increase the risk dramatically.

The other thing that occurs to me is that if you are - somehow - fucking up some part of the smoking method, or something - you could just be doing something wrong there, and have strong product but don't realise it.
In that case, injecting it would be really risky because there would be a more serious chance of overdose than with the (usually incremental) ROA of smoking.

Going from a pharm-grade drug habit to an addiction that includes street drugs is one thing, but moving from oxycodone to heroin and also IVing it is a bit of a troubling escalation.
There are different routes of administration - such as plugging - that offer a higher absorption rate than smoking, but are safer that shooting.
The dope you've got - if plugging doesn't work, nothing will.

The other option - poppy seeds - are not an example i would normally encourage, because it can be really addictive - and harder for some people to kick than oxy.. Withdrawals can be really painful and really drawn out because of pst's long halflife.
It's also easy to get and is just as "hit and miss" as heroin, as far as putrity goes - you never know how much you're taking. Normally i would not suggest to a person like you, with a pre-existing opioid dependance
...but compared to injecting [something that probably contains some] black tar heroin, it's seriously a better option. There are heaps of links on bluelight if you use the "search" function. If poppy seed tea relieves your wd sickness, gets you high or whatever - go nuts. It probably won't kill you - and nor will withdrawal, when you have to go through it.
But hitting up dope for the first time - because it is bad quality stuff? That's not a healthy way to deal with this!

You're far better off plugging it, or using something else entirely to stave off withdrawals.

You can't polish a turd. Craps is crap. If it doesnt get you high other ways IVing it wont change your dope.

As others have said if you are dead set on using this H and it's as impure as you say it is then plugging is the best option. I have an oxy habit about half the size of yours and also have no IV experience but I do plug most of my oxy.

On top of rectal administration being a large magnitude safer then injection, it is also easier to get oral syringes compared to needles, (so I've heard from others, maybe it's different in your area) just walk into a cvs or riteaid, grab one off the shelf, pay, walkout, no questions asked.

If your goal is just to get rid of withdrawals I'd suggest investing in some kratom. Kratom is the leaf of the mitragyna speciosa tree that grows mostly in Asia, it contains alkaloids that bind to the opiate receptors so it will sooth or halt the withdrawals from many common opiates.

I'll say this much, but don't kid yourself. You have no idea what you're getting into upgrading to using a needle....

Why not try dissolving it in minimal amount of water and use a straw to use it nasally or an oral syringe or something to draw the water out of the mixer and to squirt it into the nasal cavity (no injecting just releasing the water into the nose without breaking the skin).

If you haven't already injected seriously reconsider if you're not trying to get the rush and just more into your system as the are less risky methods such as nasal use or even plugging it. Don't throw your life away in hopes of a quick fix as that's how it airways starts.

Thank God when I was shooting dope we never got B.S. tar, I live in the north east and have never seen tar just the china and afghan powder. Everything that I heard about tars is it's a much inferior product and shooting it can give you spider veins because it's so dirty. Again I've never used it but would assume it's like a step up from Polish heroin. I don't recommend anyone to start injecting drugs but if you must find a better product!

It's kind of a matter of personal preference. I think generally most users prefer ECP. But I do know some opiate addicts who actually prefer tar, especially smokers. Smoking tar is definitely a different sort of high than shooting tar (or even snorting tar, although snorting is less "rush-y" than shooting of course). Plus tar has a different composition of morphine alkaloids than regular heroin has (more 3-MAM and 6-MAM, less diamorphine, I believe...), which is preferable to some users I guess.

I don't really see tar as being worse than regular heroin, really, at least not as far as shooting & the physical damage you're doing to yourself is concerned...ECP is just as easy to cut as BTH. You can throw a bunch of shit that isn't heroin into heroin, regardless of its form. Tar just seems nastier because it takes on the appearance of a black gooey turd.

Thank God when I was shooting dope we never got B.S. tar, I live in the north east and have never seen tar just the china and afghan powder. Everything that I heard about tars is it's a much inferior product and shooting it can give you spider veins because it's so dirty. Again I've never used it but would assume it's like a step up from Polish heroin. I don't recommend anyone to start injecting drugs but if you must find a better product!
i saw tar in Elkton that came from Wilmington a few weeks ago. i know it was real cause the guy shot it up in front of me.

I would try to find a better dealer to begin with.

Secondly, do you have any friends that already use IV drugs? If so get them to come and help you. We cannot show you the steps involved in purifying, and injecting your drugs over the internet. Also, for your first time IV you should have someone present that knows what you are doing because things can go wrong really quick.

Black tar, IV , yuck.

There's a mega thread in here on heroin.

And really who can tell you how much? Depends on the purity, tolerance.

If you are hell bent and determined to go this route, ready to possibly risk your life and veins, a test shot (small, small amount) is best and have a friend present in case things go bad. Make sure everything is sterile.

I IV, maybe 12 times a year at most, but it's not the big deal I thought it would be. Yes, you may get a rush, but it's over quick, and doesn't last "me" but about 10 minutes.

Be careful.

Well, thanks for all the responses. I ended up not trying to shoot it. I'm actually attempting to slowly quit now. Been trying to use less and less. I actually acquired some better shit but I don't even want to be a junkie with this heavy tolerance and while I am confident I could safely shoot up, I am going to opt not to just for tolerance sake. Thanks a lot peeps.

P.S. All you cats talking about plugging your H lol teh fuck is wrong with you. I'd rather IV than feel like a complete jackass laying on my back squirting dope in my butt. Have some decency ;) Thats just my feeling. Peace

Good for you.
Some people aren't comfortable with plugging - and fair enough, but personally i'd rather that than lose an arm :)
All the best with your desire to clean up - the life of an opiate addict is generally not a fulfilling one, IME.