• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going Cold Turkey after 10 days of use, will I got WD's?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
Going Cold Turkey after 10 days of use, will I got WD's? I quit 3 weeks ago and took a 2 week break. Started a week ago sunday and have been doing oxycodone daily. Will I get WD's if I go cold turkey right now? Have been doing anywhere from 80-130mg a day.

It all depends on things like metabolism and if you are prone to addiction. Ten days is not long at all though so if you do get WD they will suck but won't last very long. At most you will be a little sick for a couple of days and then the WD will subside. Good luck!

I used for about 10-14 days, smoking probably 150-200mg heroin a day, and quit cold turkey and I was bedridden for a day and a half puking constantly, but there is also a pretty nasty virus floating around right now so I will attribute it to that probably. I'd suggest tapering if you can, if not then just accept your fate and whatever happens happens. How many times a day do you use?

I used for about 10-14 days, smoking probably 150-200mg heroin a day, and quit cold turkey and I was bedridden for a day and a half puking constantly, but there is also a pretty nasty virus floating around right now so I will attribute it to that probably. I'd suggest tapering if you can, if not then just accept your fate and whatever happens happens. How many times a day do you use?
Usually take 50-60mg orally soon after I wake up, and once it starts to wear off I snort 5-10mg to keep it going. Then I do that again once it starts to wear off again, etc till I go to bed.

If you have not had previous opiate dependency you should be fine. Maybe some mild symptoms. More of an annoyance.

When you have had previous dependencies, you can experience wd after using as little as 3 days consecutively. But if you are a beginner it takes months for you brain chemistry to make the changes that result in you feeling withdrawal

Usually take 50-60mg orally soon after I wake up, and once it starts to wear off I snort 5-10mg to keep it going. Then I do that again once it starts to wear off again, etc till I go to bed.

If you have not had previous opiate dependency you should be fine. Maybe some mild symptoms. More of an annoyance.

When you have had previous dependencies, you can experience wd after using as little as 3 days consecutively. But if you are a beginner it takes months for you brain chemistry to make the changes that result in you feeling withdrawal
Oh,I just had some mild withdrawals when I went cold turkey 3-4 weeks ago. I'm tampering now. I'll just go down 10mg till I'm not doing any anymore.
Will that get rid of most symptoms I'd experience?

The fact that you continue to use throughout the day by snorting to keep the high going is definitely a factor in how soon WD start as well. I think it's very possible you'll experience minor withdrawals. Or maybe you won't. No one will know until it's done and over with.