• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Goalie accuses NHL of offering benzodiazepines and Ambien to players without prescriptions

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Vegas Golden Knights' Robin Lehner accuses NHL teams of medical malpractice
Emily Kaplan
ESPN
October 3rd, 2021

Vegas Golden Knights goalie Robin Lehner accused NHL teams of medical malpractice, including offering benzodiazepines and Ambien to players without prescriptions.

Lehner made the allegations on Twitter on Saturday in an effort, he told ESPN, to call attention to the surgery stalemate between his former teammate Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres.

The Swedish goalie threatened to release one story a day unless things "get fixed."

"I've made crazy amount of mistakes," Lehner wrote on Twitter. "But lying about what I've seen for 12 years is not one of them. I don't care what they say I don't lie about these things. ... I'll keep going. Have stored stories for a year. Watch now when nhl will try cancel me."

Lehner, 30, tweeted that benzodiazepines and Ambien are regularly given to players for travel and that "many teams without prescription just hand it out." The goalie said the Golden Knights were not one of those teams but implied that he has been on teams that have engaged in those practices. In a follow-up tweet, Lehner implied that the Philadelphia Flyers were one such organization and called for coach Alain Vigneault to be fired.

Read the full story here.

So is Robin known as a rat now? All professional athletes have access to drugs of all kinds.

I think the drugs are more for post game pain relief and to aid recovery and sleep issues that are common for a lot of players.

This sounds like a bitter player looking for someone to blame for his own mistakes. No one is forcing grown men to take drugs, certainly not tough NHL players. It won’t be long and athletes and rock stars are going to start blaming groupies for their failed marriages.

This sounds like a bitter player looking for someone to blame for his own mistakes. No one is forcing grown men to take drugs, certainly not tough NHL players. It won’t be long and athletes and rock stars are going to start blaming groupies for their failed marriages.
When this thread started I kinda sorta thought the same thing. But seeing as I'm no sportsman and know sweet fuck all about the NFL or NHL or the players I stayed out.

But if you look at the dude's Twitter feed there's some strange looking Tweets on there. Threatening to release more and more information over time and in bits and pieces? I have that kind of mind that defaults to thoughts of blackmail or monetary gain in such instances! But that's just me of course!

Little private joke that occurred to me though (but probably shouldn't be commenting because as noted I know nothing about these teams or leagues or players): maybe there is method in the madness! Ambien is known for having brought somebody out of a coma! :ROFLMAO: True story! Maybe they're just playing shit! (This not intended to upset or offend anyone i.e. just my sledgehammer sense of humor is all).

Last edited: