• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Glass and the stigma is has

Bcdubzz

Bluelighter
I am currently cutting down on my heroin use, might not quit altogether, but I needed to not be on 3 g a day. Something very odd has happened in the last month, in that my friend talked me into taking a couple hits of meth.

Let me be very clear, I have used damn near every drug, but only have used meth once & it was purely from me being absolutely wasted off opiates and alcohol. I have always attached a huge stigma against it; that it’s a hillbilly/shitkicker drug and that was not very nice of me, particularly because it has cut my H use nearly in half in only one month! I am using it very sparingly, I buy $25 at a time and never use it more than two days in a row. I don’t need another fucking addiction lol.

Can anyone give me some answers as to why it helps so much? Is it because it’s helping with that hand mouth motion and it’s giving me something else to do? Is it hitting a receptor in my brain that I haven’t had hit in a while? I’ve done many an Adderall lately, and I don’t find the same results whatsoever. Would love some insight. .<3

Last edited:
Meth make H more strong somehow....&u can lower ur dailybdose of H.....but creatin' new-from meth

Meth make H more strong somehow....&u can lower ur dailybdose of H.....but creatin' new-from meth
Creating new what from meth? addiction? Stims are not my deal which is a good thing, and I do my best to never do it more than two days in a row and I try not to lose any sleep from it either, what is your best suggestion to stay away from being addicted from it to it?

These comments I'm about to make are on the general topic of using strong stimulants, like methamphetamine, to beat an addiction to strong opioids, like heroin.

You can use meth to beat heroin addiction, at least the acute withdrawal phase. Just do meth and fast forward through that entire week if need be lol! Just get ready for the mother of all crashes at the end of it, when you don't have anymore meth or heroin

So meth can be used that way, to get past a dependency on other drugs. If your use is not part of a plan of action that you're committed to executing, then it's pretty much completely meaningless and only qualifies as polydrug abuse basically. Which hey, no judgement from me, definitely been there, but don't make it out to be something it's not. Also meth doesn't address any fundamental reasons for why you'd become addicted to heroin in the first place, unless you have undiagnosed severe ADHD or something

It mostly serves as a distraction but also address some of dopamine deficits associated with opioid withdrawal.

As far as the differences, serotonergic properties and greater dopaminergic activity set it apart from adderall, and also makes it more recreational and comfortable to take in high doses.

These comments I'm about to make are on the general topic of using strong stimulants, like methamphetamine, to beat an addiction to strong opioids, like heroin.

You can use meth to beat heroin addiction, at least the acute withdrawal phase. Just do meth and fast forward through that entire week if need be lol! Just get ready for the mother of all crashes at the end of it, when you don't have anymore meth or heroin

So meth can be used that way, to get past a dependency on other drugs. If your use is not part of a plan of action that you're committed to executing, then it's pretty much completely meaningless and only qualifies as polydrug abuse basically. Which hey, no judgement from me, definitely been there, but don't make it out to be something it's not. Also meth doesn't address any fundamental reasons for why you'd become addicted to heroin in the first place, unless you have undiagnosed severe ADHD or something
Have you actually done this??

Stigmas come and stigmas go.

They are usually caused by the actions of a small number of users who ruin for the rest of the users.

Eventually the Meth stigma will go away ...

I've seen this happen many times with different drugs during the 82 circles around the sun that I have lived through, 60 years of which I used different drugs.

When I quit heroin I did it cold turkey, so I can't give you any insight as to why meth can help, if indeed it does. Sooner or later you're going to have to jump, so in the end it's going to be a matter of if you want to quit or not.

Follow your heart. You've got this.

Always thought H has enough stigma haha, since it tends to be regarded as like the ultimate pathetic loser drug XD

If you didn't worry about how heroin users are generally seen, why give a shit about the public perception of meth.

Heroin doesn't have a good reputation either, never did really (outside of some people who chose to romanticize it)

Meth's reputation though in the USA (which I wouldn't expect you to be familiar with since you're in the UK) is very negative too, but it's negative in a particular way, I guess? If I had to describe and encapsulate it in a word, it's "trashy" I guess. Different drugs occupy this position in different nations...someone on Bluelight told me once that in Australia GHB is considered the "trashy drug", not meth. But in the USA meth has long been known as the trashy drug, something that's very gauche and low-class, associated with hillbilly tweakers (in rural areas) and gay nightclubs (in urban areas) and that kinda thing. I think that may be starting to change though, especially once zoomers start tweaking and putting their own spin on it lol

I always thought of heroin as the emo drug, lol. It conjures up visions of Trainspotting and moody guys with longish hair and dark circles under their eyes, brooding and holding a cigarette. Definitely a drug that has been romanticized by society, at least to young people who want to be “bad”

I grew up in the old days. When I used Heroin the dealers slang for it was "dog Food".

The image of emos and Trainspotting is very much through "Rose Colored Glasses", I won't fault you for that concept, though.

I OD'd many times until I finally realized I was going to end up killing myself in one of two ways if I continued:

Slow or Fast.

Also, I should note that meth has a really long history in the USA, and for my parents it meant something totally different from how I knew it and the things I associate it with (instead of being associated as a "trashy" recreational drug, for them it was originally associated with "diet pills" and middle-class domesticity etc)

It is interesting to take note of changing perceptions of things over the years I've always thought

When I went to rehab, the only way to get respect from your fellow inmates, I mean patients, was by saying that you were in for heroin. First time, I wasn’t, I was there for Xanax addiction (but that was MUCH worse.) but I found a way to buy drugs from other patients who smuggled them in. Crazy…

But there was definitely a hierarchy of druggies in there, and heroin addicts were at the pinnacle of it. You could be dismissed as not being a “real” addict, but not if you were there for heroin.

Haha yeah those "hierarchies" are pretty dumb...like congratulations, you did something that's supposedly much, much more stupid than anything I've ever done! Good job...I guess? lol

Anyone who chooses to "brag" about the ridiculous decisions they've made involving drugs in some way, in an attempt to gain credibility in a setting like that...I'm not into that kind of thing at all, it always seemed silly to me

When I went to rehab, the only way to get respect from your fellow inmates, I mean patients,
'inmates' is correct Xd.
was by saying that you were in for heroin.

But there was definitely a hierarchy of druggies in there, and heroin addicts were at the pinnacle of it.
That's kinda the only place where a junk habit comes with any kind of cache heheheh. Yeah you're right about the hierarchy, not just about the drug you use but how you use. If you did heroin but didn't inject, you weren't considered a 'proper' junkie.

Though in some places in the UK coke users view themselves as the top lot and see heroin users as inferior pieces of shit. They call them 'smack rats' and even go so far as to beat them up at times. (Like not random arguments, but go looking for some on purpose to beat up on.) But in general over here heroin comes with the 'broken fucked-up junkie' stereotype attached to it. Y'know the thin- as-a- rake guy who fixes up with dirty water from puddles behind rubbish bins down some back alley somewhere, type of thing...

If you did heroin but didn't inject, you weren't considered a 'proper' junkie.
It’s the same over here; IV heroin users were the “hardest of the hardcore” and therefore respected

Though in some places in the UK coke users view themselves as the top lot and see heroin users as inferior beings.
This is the same here as well, I believe. When you imagine a cocaine user, you generally think of a wealthy Wall Street banker. Sort of “Wolf of Wall Street” type of person (why am I thinking of these things in terms of movies?!) But only powder blow; the stereotypes around rock are usually of a black man in the ghetto, sort thing that you see on The Wire (ok not a movie, but damn)
They call them 'smack rats' and even go so far as to beat them up at times. (Like not random arguments, but go looking for some on purpose to beat up on.)
fucking hell, that’s insane! I mean I’ve heard of “drug exceptionalism” but that’s taking it to an extreme 😬

From someone who has been on Ice for over 4 years straight (havent missed a day, literally) I can say that although I have never done H, using Ice helped me cold turkey my 17 year, 2 packs of newports a day, hardcore nicotine addiction instantly. I stopped one day and havent craved one since. It definitnely has something to do with the dopamine that H and nicotine give off, and using meth can really amplify and make up for what your lacking from the other substances.

BE. CAREFUL. I was like you, and started off only on weekends, easily went without through the week and redosed on weekend again. Then it was a puff right before work, then it was running home to punch back a bowl to the dome, and now after a year of wishy washy behavior I'm toking every 30 minutes (or as often as I possibly can) for over 4 years. My health is not so much my worry as is my finances, since I am burning through an ounce in less than a week. Shit gets fucking expensive.