• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVI -- Fly Tipping and a Shite Load of Coke

What are some funny terms for being mashed you guys have that I may not have heard of? Munted/bolloxed/etc

I was always quite partial to: rubbered out my cupboard, once upon a time..

Oral morphine is pointless, same goes for the esters and dihydromorphine esters. Zomorph seems near enough made for IV/IM, very little crap in there.

Doesn't really have that ring to it...'prescriptioned'. Doesn't sound right on my tongue if that makes sense.

Hows this 'doing a tour of duty as a pharmaceutical dustbin'

The pharmaceutical dustbin bit, the amusing thing is, it was an old GP of mine who came up with that one. Guy is retired now, he was one of those rare doctors who are really good people, kindly and wouldn't leave somebody to suffer because of politicking by cretinous haploid garbage like Theresa Maynus. He was a bit unorthodox, to say the least, and managed to actually get me off a GABAergic 'overfondness' you might say. Not by torturing me with withdrawals, but by giving me a fuckton of chlormethiazole, knowing full well what I'd likely do with it at the time, go on a bender.

He did, however know that I knew the nature of the drug and that an overdose would be lethal if one is not lucky. So he wasn't leaving me to walk blindly into a field of landmines. He knew, we could talk on an equal level, man to man, and exchange ideas as to how best to treat a given problem I might have, and we would respect each other's opinions and judgement, and work upon the medical need together, consulting with one another until we got things right. I like that in a doctor but its too rare, where the patient and doctor, if the patient possesses the knowledge level to do so, to work together, rather than just making a request and 'yes, no, or bugger right off you junkie scumbag' etc. We could speak about WHY something should be considered, weigh it up for cost vs benefit, potential interactions etc.

He knew, that I'd either kill myself KNOWING of the danger of overdose, or cure myself, because when stretched out as a longer duration bender, some truly abysmally stinking sulfurous metabolites can form from the thiazole ring, a really potent mercaptan/alkyl sulfide type of stench. Comes out in anything the body can cast off bar hair, fingernails, toenails etc. In your sweat, in your urine, faeces, even tear and nasal fluid would become a near enough weapons-grade stink bomb.

Potent enough to send people running, on the other side of the street, in the open air for at least 100 feet or so, in utter shock and horror at the brutal onslaught their nostrils just experienced. Absolutely foul, without actually causing physical harm, and it stuck around for AGES. Days and days and days of non-stop atrocious sulfurous Styx-beshitten sewer.

Even in the fluid that lubricates your nasal mucosa. A stinkbomb of nuclear potential planted right up your nose.

I was on a fast track to killing myself with benzo, barbiturate, anything like that sort of habit. This guy, he obviously decided 'either make it quick and clean, or let him teach himself his own lesson'

It worked. He'd never be able to admit it of course but its just the way he'd operate. He did a top notch job too. Now, I can use benzos, or chlormethiazole, or any other GABAergics in a controlled, safe way. I have a longterm (accidentally on other docs part with it going on my repeat, I'm saying nowt though given moggies, or indeed any benzos these days are extremely hard to get hold of) and I just use them as and when needed. Some days, its just the only thing that'll do, a good honest tranq with a decent kick to it. And I use them sparingly, albeit not as prescribed (I am strictly speaking, meant to take two, one twice a day) but instead, I just use a larger dose on those occasions where a benzo is vital to staying even remotely human and intact.

No dependency, not even the craving or compulsiveness, it used to be there, but that old school GP, he fixed it, or rather, let me fix myself. Funny bugger too, wisecracker, he was the one who ended up calling me 'a pharmaceutical dustbin'; he meant it in a humorous and kindly way, rather than as an insult or criticism, guy wasn't a nazi about any remotely abusable meds.

Was always cracking wise like that, had a pretty funny sense of snark that again is pretty damn rare in a doctor.

Limpet that's really great, a doctor who worked with you and was realistic rather than just 'stop taking that NOW!'. It really concerns me how little doctors warn people of the addiction dangers with opiates/benzos. After being prescribed liquid Morphine, tramadol, codeine on and off in recent years, not one medical professional has ever mentioned the potential addiction problems that people run into. Simply a warning that the drug is potentially addictive, and advising patients that they may feel a euphoric high from it, like with alcohol, and if they ever start reaching for the drug for fun, relaxation, to take away bad emotions, when having a bad day, etc, then they should talk to their doctor because this could the beginning of the path of addiction to the recreational effects. It amazes me that it is not mandatory to go over this directly with patients before they begin taking potentially addictive/abusable medications.

One that weirds me out is 'mortal' (silent T), used by our friends in the Northeast. I mean, surely if I have drunk a considerable amount, I feel the opposite, immortal? My mortality generally becomes clear to me the next morning.

'mortal'? huh?

Anyhow, yeah, its great to find a GP, or any other doctor for that matter, who is like that.

The sad thing, is that it is so remarkable, and as the reason for it being so is that such an individual is about as easy to find as a Velociraptor driving a flying toilet down the bloody buggering M1 chain smoking a clay pipe and muttering things about finding the son of god almighty.

This guy knew, realized I had been on a path that was going to skullfuck me, and he also knew that I knew, and knew that I also knew my stuff when it comes to medicine and medicines, I can't prove it, but I am pretty damn sure he did what he did on purpose. Even using a rather dangerous drug like chlormethiazole (its a great drug alright, very effective, but it does act like a barbiturate, and is similarly dangerous in overdose.), but he certainly set me straight. Albeit with the chance of killing his patient if things went arse over tit. Or rather, having his patient kill his patient with the meds he wrote up for said patient.

He was definitely one of those old-school doctors, not the fresh out of medical school zealous little hitlers. The ones I really hate, are the type that think its their holy inquisitorial duty to do the (non-)jobs of the pigs for them, and volunteer for the opportunity, etc. Thats a recipe for a fucking bastard if ever I saw a recipe for fucking bastards. The types that aren't, too, but are absolute recreational hating judgemental zealots, especially if they drink or smoke or drink coffee or tea themselves. Because then they are a hypocrite as well as a thundering great razorblade in the candy-floss of life. The preachy bastards, who'll allow a patient taking anything other than 'the approved three' (I.e alcohol, only ethanol mind you, god help anyone who might say change the length of the carbon chain or dehydrate it to an ether, or have a sidechain somewhere, etc.), nicotine (and fags are poison so they can't talk jack or his friend, Mr.Shit about it being about benevolence, or the patient's health. ), and caffeine; to alter their course of action in a detrimental way to the patient, and just as bad, put such things in their damn permanent records, that could, without context being available from anyone but the patient, once some locum say, effs off, after doing their damage, make other doctors behave in a way influenced by them.

Oh and locums who think they have any business whatsoever taking or trying to take a patient off a med they are on without a bloody well good reason, or who know that there is one sought by the patient intermittently as an as-required basis, such as my additional quantity of chlormethiazole I get at times, as a seizure rescue pack. Locums are a bit of a pain in the arse a lot of the time I find, and I'm always just a bit nervous, twitchy about not knowing what the hell they might get upto. And especially, knowing full well in my medical history about the rescue packs, refuse to allow me one despite it being months since I had one. I need a new one, I've had several seizures, a couple of days ago, one of them bad enough my old man had to stick a couple of chlormethiazole caps in my mouth, because I couldn't move my arms or body. Well not enough, during the oncome of a myoclonic seizure about to go atonic.

Last time I went to get it, I saw a locum, only doctor there, so no choice. Refused. I approached it logically, politely, and told them it was established practice, and the bugger fucked me off, saying 'oh its too often its too often', the packs contain 12 capsules, made up for me at the pharmacy, its basically so I have a quantity available to TREAT seizures which actually break through and happen, rather than only having prophylactic treatment (I use the same med for both. It works well, and quickly but nothing is perfect. so shit happens,) and if I don't have the small amount of extras it means if; and WHEN I have another one happen, I have no choice but to dip into the prescription for daily dosing to prevent them. He actually had a go at me for doing so, when I planned, as I did, to come in and see a doc for a new rescue pack, saying 'those are for your daily use, you should be coping' and 'it isn't epilepsy' (I didn't claim and have never claimed that it is epilepsy, I told them that I sometimes have seizures, and irrespective of the cause, the effect, the end result, is still me, either paralyzed, unable to move and collapse to the ground if I were standing at the time, or else myoclonic, and flopping around like a fish out of water with a banger up its backside; or, alternatively, both of the above, one turning into the other.'

He just kept on and on and ON and ON repeating 'it isn't epilepsy, it isn't epilepsy', ignoring the fact that I had said to him 'I did not say, that I am epileptic. I SAID, That. Seizures. Happen, and that quite frankly, they don't drop by for a cup of tea, a biscuit and a friendly chat about their root cause and ultimate origin. They come, they fuck the place up and they paralyze me or leave me jerking and spasming. Whether its epilepsy or not, they are still just as problematic, you could call them shellfish with tits if you liked they aren't going to give a good god damn what I refer to them as, they just happen and wreck the joint, and it'd still leave me spasming and immobilized, or just outright paralyzed from a fully atonic attack. Likely although not always mute, unable to speak to ask for help, and potentially unable to sign for help either, my old man gets a few words, as I speak ASL as a second language (american sign language), and I can make him understand. But if I cannot move, and he isn't looking, I cannot make him do so if I can neither speak nor move to respond and take such meds as I do have available.

And its especially a shit, because I am on pain meds too. Enough said there. Hassle from everybody and their damn dog, cat or sodding budgerigar. Longterm chronic pain patient, taking opioids (morphine; oxy. that they rx'd and are aware of), so that just means I get a label somewhere saying 'criminal junkie scumbag wanker'. Makes it more difficult still to get the seizure rescue dosage units. I've even had to resort before to preparing it from thiamine (vitamin B1, a two step reaction, bisulfite cleavage, and filtering off the insoluble portion in aqueous ice cold solution, cleaning very carefully with ice cold water, the precipitate is an intermediate methylthiazole-2-ethanol, which is harvested, dried, and in anhydrous solvent, in a flask equipped with stirbar and drying tube, a solution is made, ice cold, and an ice cold solution of thionyl chloride in anhydrous acetone is introduced from a pressure equalized addition funnel, then the solvent is removed under reduced pressure, and the chlormethiazole freebase vacuum distilled.)

Its easy, but at the same time, the other half, a pyrimidine compound, is left behind in the water that you do the bisulfite (or metabisulfite) cleavage of the vitamin B1 in, its known as 'toxopyrimidine', and, like the name suggests, is of a highly poisonous nature, although good water solubility, unlike the desired methylthiazole-2-ethanol intermediate, which is thus exploited to weed out the toxopyrimidine. Stuff acts as a vitamin B6 antagonist, interfering with (and blocking) GABA biosynthesis, which causes it to act as a potent convulsant poison.

I just...well it kinda gets on my fucking wick to be honest, because I don't feel like I should HAVE to do such a thing in the first place just to have sufficient material to not only take my prescribed daily doses, but have the capability to treat a seizure and stop it in its tracks, which the stuff does admirably. Why should I use my financial and chemical resources (thionyl chloride mainly, SOCl2 doesn't exactly grow on trees, if you know what I mean...) to have to hack vitamins to make antiseizure medication, not being used recreationally (although I have made it for that, sure, but usually no, its to treat an incapacitating medical problem that seems to be determined not to fuck off and never come back. A patient shouldn't be backed into that sort of corner in which such a course of action is the only means available of procuring safety. And besides, how many other patients are they going to have that even know that such a thing could even be DONE with vitamin B1, or if they did, how many that might know it, would have the SOCl2, the glassware and the wherewithall to go ahead and do the damn job themselves at their own cost (don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the NHS, I just don't think this type of context is fair on patients, myself included), such as they actualy have to synthesize their own emergency rescue medication because some locum, or some regular GP just won't give them the rescue packs that are an established 'on as needed basis', never mind it being months since I've last had a pack.

It is grossly unfair to patients that such a situation could even arise, I just don't think it is equitable, and I don't think it is right either. I can practically hear myself, in my mind's ear, speaking to one of those doctors and forgetting I had to hide it, too, and saying on 'Bones' McCoy's voice 'dammit jim, I'm a doctor, not an engineer' (I'm not a doctor. Its just the mental image of McCoy's voice and that line always comes to mind when I contemplate that problem. Star trek, TOS reference if you don't watch it), usually when he's frustrated with kirk or especially, spock.

I just want service from the medical community intended to provide such services that is both professional, equitable and not negligent. Not asking the world, is it? Well that and not to have to deal with the sort of doctor that is illogical and about as much use as putting tits on a fish.

Phun Phact: that "silent T" sound is called a Glottal Stop.

Or maybe a glo'al stop .....

I thought the 'silent T' is what I have to endure with the wife and kids every fuckin night - the miserable bastards...

Last edited:
Hands up who else thinks that these so called 'smart meters' are a fuckin con! We've had one installed since February and there's fuck all 'smart' about them. It's just a display that allows you (once you work out how to use it properly) to monitor your usage. The 'smart' bit comes in only if you act upon that knowledge. For the vast majority of mouth breathers out there it will make fuck all difference - except a slightly increased electricity bill due to having yet another device plugged in 24/7.

They're all cunts, I can tell ya...

They're trying to force me onto a smart meter, instead of my key meter which replaced the earlier card-operated one; but there's a catch with smart meters: Topping up. Nearly every corner shop has a Paypoint machine that can top up a normal electric meter key, but the Smart type can only be topped up at a Post Office. This is no use to me, as I start work before the Post Office opens and finish after it closes. It's also 25 minutes away from Work, with up to a 20 minute queueing time; meaning I would get back from lunch ten minutes late and still hungry. And probably soaked through, either from rain on a wet day or perspiration on a hot day.

They're trying to force me onto a smart meter, instead of my key meter which replaced the earlier card-operated one; but there's a catch with smart meters: Topping up. Nearly every corner shop has a Paypoint machine that can top up a normal electric meter key, but the Smart type can only be topped up at a Post Office. This is no use to me, as I start work before the Post Office opens and finish after it closes. It's also 25 minutes away from Work, with up to a 20 minute queueing time; meaning I would get back from lunch ten minutes late and still hungry. And probably soaked through, either from rain on a wet day or perspiration on a hot day.

Actually, I have to disagree with you there Julie - perhaps it depends upon your supplier, but I can now top up online via the app on my phone or by using the supplied cards at just about every convenience store I can think of - without having to run home and insert a card or key into the meter as the top up is automatic. The credit transfer itself is fairly quick, though a gas top up can take up to 20 minutes as the gas meter info doesn't refresh as often as the electric meter (which controls the whole operation).

However, although I admit that topping up is a little easier than the old key or card system, I still reckon there's fuck all 'smart' about it...

They're obviously a bit more sophisticated in the former Manweb area. This used to be East Midlands Electricity, and we were still using the old-fashioned cardboard cards until well into the 2000s; although the old hand-cranked Ferranti meters had long been replaced by Sangamo or Ampy Automation ones, that just bept and punched the card (as well as de-magnetising the strip) to mark it as spent.

Still wish I'd dared try that trick with a piece of VCR tape and a steam iron now .....

Bitd you could use a pin to stop the circular metre going round...unless you were squatting and just nicked it from any thing handy.or so I hear

Bitd you could use a pin to stop the circular metre going round...unless you were squatting and just nicked it from any thing handy.or so I hear

Heh, I remember that. Now that was a 'smart' meter...

Well, India?s been a psychoactive substance treat this time round. Creamy charas in the mountains, potent homegrown courtesy of Spanish seeds in South Indian climate, pharmaceutical ketamine, liquid & blotter lsd, changa/DMT, government-produced opium.

Put the noggin? through the ringer, absolutely beautiful.

What the fuck is story with WEDINOS? I appreciate that they must only have a limited amount of lab time and that they are backed up at the moment due to the temporary suspension in service for a while but they have had my sample for about a month now and from the looks of things they appear to be generating approx. 1.5 results per working day.

Come on folks - I will always be grateful that we have the privilege of this wonderful service but I am more likely to expire as a result of old age at present as opposed to being poisoned.

As a side note however, I have noticed for the first time a heroin sample containing fentanyl (W007965), but to be fair, it was 'advertised' as a '#4' water soluble effort, which I have never encountered on the streets. Weak ass or strong as shit, all of the street heroin I have EVER seen and used has been golden crescent 'flava' (see, I'm still 'down' with the yoof innit).

government-produced opium.

That sounds lush.