• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCXV -- 2C-B And A Mine Field Of Fuckery...

Well, I just came back from the doctor. Went better than I thought. Off drink and three courses of antibiotics for 14 days - and about two years supply of parasite/worm tablets to be taken over next three days. He asked me if I ate pussy, I said yes, and he said that's where you got the worms then!

Interestingly, he says I have had Hep B recently, but am not ill with it now (I self diagnose a lot, and had gone to get all my bloodwork done at a clinic before visiting the doc, saves time and money), just have 3500% of normal amount of antibodies.

Any idea on how you contracted the Hep B Jackal? I've been an occasional intravenous drug user for about 5 years now but came back clear on my last round of BBV tests (about 8 months ago or something?...). Due to the many years I worked in health and social care plus my high risk use I have had constant Hep B boosters since 1997, the last one being some new fangled product that offered a combined Hep A/B coverage. Despite not using with other people and using clean works and all that I'm still conscious that contamination is possible through the street drugs if nothing else and the fact you stated that you were under the assumption that you were vaccinated but still may have contracted it at some point is of course of some personal alarm.

Otherwise I'm glad you have had everything addressed and that you are getting continuing and appropriate treatment for your outstanding ailments.

probably from historical unprotected sex, but also possibly at work; skinned fingers of multiple hands around machine parts etc.

wife is immune to it, her tests all clear. go figure.

You should try having Trans 'Flu. It's like having man 'flu and woman 'flu at the same time. And definitely no glitter. It's hard enough to identify as human, let alone your preferred gender.

Actually, no, you shouldn't try it.

probably from historical unprotected sex, but also possibly at work;

Unsurprisingly, these two risk factors have not been an issue for me for some time now, so I suppose I can rest a little easier. The last 2 boxes of diazepam I have just wangled out of the G.P. should kill off any remaining concerns. 'Can I have 2 more boxes - they're the last I should need now before I go into rehab'.

I've been playing that card for the last 24 months =D This time it actually (hopefully) appears to be the case.

Consumer - a question about ethics and the law regarding duty of care here (not sure if you or anyone else in the medical field would want to comment).

Basically - if a nurse goes to hospital for treatment, a tox screen shows heavy opiate presence are the doctors legally obliged to disclose that information ? Duty to protect would legally require them to report it if they thought the person was a risk to others?

Another really hot day here (already into the 40's yesterday) - I hope that it doesn't get as hot/humid after sunset as were going to try and have a BBQ. I managed 21 days without a drink but probably be breaking that run tonight.

Basically - if a nurse goes to hospital for treatment, a tox screen shows heavy opiate presence are the doctors legally obliged to disclose that information ? Duty to protect would legally require them to report it if they thought the person was a risk to others?

In this country, as long as no criminal offence had been committed, it should be between the patients health care provider and their occupational health department. The OH would not necessarily be under any obligation to inform the Nursing and Midwifery Council, provided the registrant was upfront about why they were using opiates and if they were to engage with treatment if necessary as there would not have been any overt evidence of professional misconduct.

It was different for me as I was outed due to being arrested in possession, which regardless of my health needs obviously constituted a major example of misconduct, leaving the police obliged to inform my employer and the NMC who struck me off the professional register for the incident.

Consumer - a question about ethics and the law regarding duty of care here (not sure if you or anyone else in the medical field would want to comment).

Its not a case of mandatory reporting but it would appear on your medical records so your fucked either way.

In this country, as long as no criminal offence had been committed, it should be between the patients health care provider and their occupational health department. The OH would not necessarily be under any obligation to inform the Nursing and Midwifery Council, provided the registrant was upfront about why they were using opiates and if they were to engage with treatment if necessary as there would not have been any overt evidence of professional misconduct.

It was different for me as I was outed due to being arrested in possession, which regardless of my health needs obviously constituted a major example of misconduct, leaving the police obliged to inform my employer and the NMC who struck me off the professional register for the incident.

Its not a case of mandatory reporting but it would appear on your medical records so your fucked either way.

Surely the doctor treating the person has a legal obligation to report this to the authorities. I know ethically people think what happens is strictly confidential but that isn't legally the case when the doctor thinks the person is at risk of causing harm to others (is it?)

Stee - have you played destiny recently ? Quite a few changes, new strikes, new weekly challenge and the drop rate seems to have increased (especially on exotics). I hadn't played in a while and within a few weeks went upto level 399, most of my gear is 400 - Still running Titan Defender with Saint of Helm and Juju (both 400).

Surely the doctor treating the person has a legal obligation to report this to the authorities. I know ethically people think what happens is strictly confidential but that isn't legally the case when the doctor thinks the person is at risk of causing harm to others (is it?)
To my knowledge its not a case of mandatory reporting. Stuff like suicidal ideation, child or elder abuse is but a positive tox screen isnt. However if its in a hospital it goes on your record so eventually it will come to light. A positive tox screen does not indicate that you are putting anyone at risk. A swab might but not urine or blood.

I don't know about the OP's situation Bear (are they a US resident?) but in the UK having massive amounts of opiates / opioids in your system is not any concern of the authorities, as there is no law against having drugs in vivo, possession offences only apply while you still have the drugs physically on or about your person. I'm sure they have some stupid law in the US though that actually does cover 'internal possesion' of drugs so I'm not sure how that works.

I haven't even got a copy of Destiny yet!!! No shit - I was close to getting it last weekend as its so cheap now but I have next to no money so I saved it to get myself a copy of 'Rogue One' to watch over the bank h. (I haven't seen it yet)

Sorry Stee, I knew you mentioned Destiny a while ago I thought you were a regular player. You should be able to pick it up really cheaply now the standard one is about 20$ or 50 with the expansions. Check the PS store as they have a 70% sale on certain titles and Destiny along with Call off duty was about 130$. I stopped buying the disks and just order from the store as it works out a lot cheaper.

Evening all hope you're good!

Got a big drum and bass event I'm going to tommorow, so excited, I feel like a kid!

Anyone else taking advantage of the bank holidays?

Another really hot day here (already into the 40's yesterday) - I hope that it doesn't get as hot/humid after sunset as were going to try and have a BBQ. I managed 21 days without a drink but probably be breaking that run tonight.

I don't know you Bear, but I've read enough posts to know that you like/d a drink & to feel proud of you & your 3 weeks (yay I can still maths & spell after a bottle of wine)
Enjoy your night, whether you break the dry run or not <3

Thank you :) - I broke the run :D. To be honest it was more a case of not being able to face a drink than 'not drinking' - still was a nice break and I feel so much better for it.

Had a great bbq - I had chicken breasts and wings already prepared and frozen so I didn't have to mess about in the kitchen. I made a very quick salad and a potato salad, few drinks and had a real good laugh - thankfully didn't drink too much so no hangover or feeling of dread today.

Have a great 'Good Friday' everyone.