• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ghosts

I most definately believe in spirits, ghosts I dont know, I've never actually had an experience to concrete that belief. Tho I have been told many many stories of spirits/angels/demons/whatnot from close friends that would not lie about such a thing. It sends a chill up my spine just thinking about it. Part of me knows that if I ever experienced anything I'd be scared shitless, but the other part of me has a real desire to concrete that belief. I'm certain a spirit world exists, I just dont know whether I'm ready to experience it just yet. I've heard too many bad stories about people messing around with things they cant even begin to control.

stace.

I believe in ghosts about as much as I believe a man, born to a virgin(WTF???), named jesus walked on water. But that's just me... Not trashing anyone elses beliefs..

I believe in the supernatural, has anyone had a gut feeling of not being alone...as if someones looking over your shoulder? even though your physically alone. I cant really explain the feeling but its there all the time.

Ghosts are just when a program chooses exile ;).

To a degree I believe in the supernatural as oppose to ghosts. So consider the super-naturnal to be a remainder of an unwanted series of unbalanced and unsolveable equations in my head. Ergo I only believe in the supernatural because logical and balanced is unable to explain it. :)

Yeah, I'm still trying to decode the architect's rambling in the matrix reloaded.

Last edited:
^^^^ u forgot to say impossible complicated words such as vis-a-vis, appropo, conjointly and concurrently!

ghosts...... ambivalent (there's another one). Would they exist if the idea of an afterlife did not? Are they indivisible from the soul? I'd have to go with the phenomenological explaination- they exist for me because i have felt their presence, whether they exist in other people's experience is irrelevant!

i definately belive in ghosts, for two reasons.....
the very first house my parents brought for us after i was born was a very old victorian style home in a sydney innerwestern suberb,it was a huge house and probably the nicest on the street, anyways as a child i was very sick so i never really went to day care or anything untill i was 4, so mum stayed home with me and they renovated the back area of the house and added a bath downstairs etc etc, well not long after they started, ppl would come over and say it was always cold, or that they heard things, 1 nite i woke up and saw this figure of an old man i guess it was in my room, mum didnt beklive me b/c i was soo sick and on medication so finnaly she agreed to sleep in my room by this stage i was 6, she saw it too but it wasnt really somthing we were scared of too begin with, then one nite my parents had a dinner party for my auncles bday and we had just gotten my new lil puppie, and somone sed they heard footsteps upstairs and everyone was downstairs, and my dad sed oh its probably just the dog, he was in another room getting wine etc, and everyone sed no the dogs here, so my auncle and my dad and a couple other ppl went up0stairs to make sure my baby cosuin who was sleeping in the cot was ok they got upthere an the cot was rocking and no windows were open nothing, it was moving on its own.
we moved out of there a couple mnths later :) and according to our old neighbours who r very good frends noones ever stayed there more than 3 yrs :O wow

the other reason i belive in them is thatmy frend wanted to c a pyschic in yr 8 as a joke to her but coming from a big italian background where gypsys run through my blood way back i dodnt take it as a joke, but i agreed, anyways i just sat there and she suddenly just looked at me and sed the blue eyed man in his late 80's is watching over u all the time ure safe blah blah, that was my nonno(grandpa) he had only died a couple of weekes b4 that and i was with him wen he died he was my favourite person in my family basically and i was a wreck wen he died, but he let me know it would b ok, u can belive or u shake it off but when u belive anythings possible kiddies :)
im not scared of ghosts or spirits nemore and never will b unless sumthing happens to me

Believe they are around, having seen/lived with them. I cannot say it has ever been particularly nice, I am more scared of them than anything. I would prefer they weren't present in my life... but I am not sure if that's something we have alot of control over :\

me thinks most of you have jus taken way too many drugs

damn I am an idiot.

Writing a new thread when this one has already been around for donkey's years - which I have already posted in too.

I blame the extacee for putting them holes in me brain.

anyhow a quick copy n paste from my deleted defunct thread.

---------------------------
I remember once when I was probably about 11 years old or so - living in a house which had been previously occupied by an eccentric artist.

My room at the time was pretty funky. There was a massive dragon mural on the clothes cupboard which ran along a wall, and on the blinds that pulled down, a massive black and white painting of Mozart.

My bed jutted out at a 45 degree angle from one of the corners so there was a triangle of space behind it, which I had hung the Canadian flag.

Anyhow the Mozart blinds let a certain amount of light in at night... I remember waking up and looking around the room.

It was dark, but still able to see things.

Looking behind my bed I see a lady dressed for the Victorian era in a red dress with gold buttons, I can clearly see my Canadian flag through her.

As I look at her she tilts her hear down, staring right at me and gives me this evil fucking smile.

The sort of smile homicidal toys give in 80's horror movies.

I scream, scratch out and cover my entire body with the doona - still screaming. Every night in that house for the next 2 years I slept with a doona covering my entire body apart from a tiny hole in which I could breathe.

I don't know if she was ever out there again - I never looked. Up until the night we left that house I fell asleep in my little coccoon never sure if that evil looking lady was watching me.

I have been saying this story for years and I truly do believe it. I was not dreaming. I saw it.

/\/\/\

Freaky!!

I once saw someone walking a dog on the side of the road and when I looked again a second later, they weren't there.

I think it was just sleep deprivation though ;)

This link was posted in another part of bluelight:

Ghost Study Photo Gallery

There are some pretty freaky photos of possible spirits and other paranormal activity. The site administrator also adds what he thinks it is at the bottom of most pics.

When I was a kid ghost used to come into my room at night and try and talk to me but I was so scared I couldn't even move. Or so I thought.

But then I discovered about sleep paralysis and that explained more then the theory of ghosts could.

ME_AM_PRODUCT said:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law

I love that quote, and it's corollary: "Any technology that is distinguishable from Magic is insufficiently advanced"

Anyway, back on topic. I do believe in ghosts, mainly because of the countless stories I have heard from friends first hand experience. Quite often when I hear or read a story (like some of the ones above) that ring true for me, I get a cold shiver all over and my hairs stand on end.

I myself have never seen a ghost, or any kind of solid evidence to support them, but I would love to, I'd like to think that I would try and be rational and observe it calmly, try and communicate with it etc.... but I'd probably just scare the crap out of myself

lostpunk5545 said:
I believe in ghosts about as much as I believe a man, born to a virgin(WTF???), named jesus walked on water. But that's just me... Not trashing anyone elses beliefs..

what he said.....

as for the pets thing, they arent getting upset at ghosts, they are getting upset at something they can hear but we cant..... my dog goes off at thunder, even when we cant hear it.... im pretty sure its more to do with his hearing being 10 times better than ours rather than spirits inhabiting our humble abode

Last edited:
samadhi said:
This link was posted in another part of bluelight:

Ghost Study Photo Gallery

There are some pretty freaky photos of possible spirits and other paranormal activity. The site administrator also adds what he thinks it is at the bottom of most pics.

Anything to do with ghosts freaks me out big time. I'm scared looking at that site, i'm afraid something will jump out of one of the pictures, or else an image will ingrain itself in my head and i won't be able to get rid of it. I believe in ghosts, and i know they're not all evil, but the mere thought of them sends shivers down my spine.

My friend swears she's seen ghosts at her work. She works at a nursing home and once told me she saw an old man in the refelction of a mirror. She turned around and it was gone. Naturally she bolted out of the bathroom. Theres been other cases where she's had doors slam in front of her on many occassions.

When she told me this i was bitterly dissapointed and jealous. Why can't ghost come my my work :( I wanna see one too.

Holy fuck, i just went to that ghost photo gallery and the first pic just scared the shit outta me.

I'm gunna double check under my bed for any spooks tonight

I thought I saw a ghost when I was about 11. I stayed on a sheep farm just out of Melbourne for 3 months in a house that was about 150 years old. About two weeks into my stay I saw an old woman in old fashioned clothing in my room. She wasn't menacing but she was staring straight into my eyes and I was so scared I shut my eyes and must have eventually fallen asleep. I didn't mention it to anyone, thinking it was just a dream but on the last day of my stay one of the home owners said, 'So, did you see the old woman?'

Apparantly there had been multiple sitings of this old woman in the house. She had been murdered in the room I stayed in but they hadn't wanted to mention it to me in case I became too paranoid.

So glad I didn't know that at the time [but I still don't believe in ghosts].

Last edited:
probably the most haunted place i have ever been to is a little old monastary in south western nsw...

i have been there twice.. once for school camp, and once for a st vincent de paul camp..

it was used between the 40s-60s as a place for unmarried catholic girls who were pregnant to go and give birth to their babies, which were then given up for adoption (one of those great ways to keep the family looking upright and "catholic"...)

a lot of the rooms had a lot of sadness in them, but one night i was walking out of the toilets / showers and saw a girl crumpled up in the corner of a shower, it looked like she was crying. when i turned around to help, she was gone.

i have never run so fast in all my life.....

bloody hell all this ghost shit was going through my head for hours last night....barely slept a wink and kept hearing things....