Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB pics request

tr0nica

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I'm doing a presentation on GHB at a conference in a few weeks. Although the subject matter is interesting, the presentation looks a bit dry so i was hoping to add in some pictures that relate to GHB.

I've never actually bought G, but was under the impression it is sometimes sold in those little soy sauce fish-shaped containers? Would like a pic of that (if that's truly what's happening). - really just any images associated with GHB.

If you'd rather not post them to this thread, you can email me at [email protected]

ps. I already have a pic of the Say No to G badge, and one of a guy wearing 'Go home G heads' custom designed rave gear. I'm not intending to bias it one way or the other - any pics, positive, negative, neutral, are welcome. I can mask faces if need be too.

thanks!!
mon

I think the soy sauce containers are a bit of a media stereo type, although it might happen if you are buying single doses in clubs.

If you wanted to outline the ease of manufacturing GHB you could always show some pic or chem diagrams depicting the commonly employed synth routes i.e. from GBL, THF, GABA etc.

A few of these routes can be found on a Rhodium page here
HTML:
http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/ghb.html

Unfortunately the synth from GABA is missing, but it might suffice to just mention that this route, while not a "clean" way to produce GHB, seems to be nevertheless relatively simple, and of course the starting material is widely available. If you can locate the old H!VE files you should find there was much discussion about this method.

I thought the soy sauce thing may have been a myth.

So is it more likely that people carry G in a water bottle?

I probably won't have too much of a chance to talk about how easy it is to make, although might as well mention it briefly. I have SO much data to talk through (could talk for 45 minutes but have only 15).

Plan is to write academic papers on the data, have written part of them, so will certainly display them in BL when complete (though they will probably just tell people in here what they already know)

Soy sauce thing isn't a myth, i've seen it before, though only once, so it's probably not common. May even have been a case of someone latching onto the idea AFTER the media had publicised the supposed practice.

G sometimes comes in little bottles. Very similar to those that used to contain bubbles, the ones used for weddings etc. Dosing is sometimes done with a 3ml syringe (plunger). Those would be good images.

tr0nica: all the conferences I have been to that talk about GHB mention how easy it is to make fail to mention the ease/difficulty in obtaining[/b] the precursors. Anecdotally it seems there is a steady supply of 1,4b but no GHB, so this says something about the availability of the precursors and the diversion of 1,4b.

I have a slide devoted to analogues (GBL & 1,4-B), and will mention that it is anecdotally understood that what is sold in Melbourne as G is in fact 1,4-B. I'll add something in there about ease in obtain precursors due to them having legitimate industrial uses.

Have just spoke to someone in Melbourne who uses G and says they tend to come in those bottle (approx 20ml) used to hold bubbles... apparently easy to obtain so might buy the bottles, fill with water and take some pics - this should at least be more realistic than any of the other images available online.

i've seen g come in a 500ml brown glass bottle with a sealed lid on top. the type of bottle you would see in a science lab. I'll try and get a pic for you.

If you've got a digital camera take some pictures of pretty much any plastic water container, gatorade, powerade, coke bottles, glass bottles.. pretty much anything.

It varies, theres no real standard and if you put some water in one of these bottles (half filled, fully filled, whatever) I'm sure it'll look pretty convincing :)

Often the diluted G has been coloured blue or red (with blue being the most common) so you might like to take pictures of transparent containers containing blue liquid. They are also often marked with 'DO NOT DRINK - G' or 'DANGER - CONTAINS 1,4B' or similair warnings due to the colourless/odourless nature of G and its analogues.

Heres one from Erowid.

Attachments

• 14-butanediol1.jpg
    14-butanediol1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 116
in the movie "Little Fish" they sell some blue liquid in the soy sauce fish containers. I thought that was just done for the movie though, could be wrong.

Thanks guys..

Yes I wouldn't think there is a standard. I think the water bottles and these 'bubble bottles' are more realistic than putting in pics of labelled chemical bottles from Erowid, which is probably not what the end user actually sees.

I hope people label the bottles, but i have spoken to some people who G isn't coloured in their circles of drug users, and people aren't so careful about labelling bottles... but i'm sure some people are as careful as they should be about this sort of thing!

ps. the presentation is coming along (damn i hate working saturdays...)

phase_dancer said:
Unfortunately the synth from GABA is missing, but it might suffice to just mention that this route, while not a "clean" way to produce GHB, seems to be nevertheless relatively simple, and of course the starting material is widely available. If you can locate the old H!VE files you should find there was much discussion about this method.

What are these old H!VE files you are talking about? Im interested in this info...

I was of the understanding that gamma-butyrolactone was regulated and quite hard to get your hands on.

Please feel free to flame me and put me back in my place....

The difference with the precursors is that they have legitimate uses, so are still available = however since they have been added to the 'Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture', you need to be a registered company to purchase them with a legitimate reason.

That still means there is the opportunity for diversion from those places - much more so than for strictly prohibited substances.