• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

GHB doesn't seem to be working - Bad batch? Overrated? Or just not for me?

Replenish

Greenlighter
Hi,

I have recently tired GHB on a few of nights out as I had heard very good things about it and I was looking for an alternative to alcohol.

Now i'm wondering if I may have a bad batch or if it just doesn't work for me as I have barely noticed any positive effects from it. I have tried it on 3 separate occasions upping my dose each time.

First attempt at taking GHB:
I started with a low dose for my first time just to be safe. I took 1ml. After about 30 minutes I did feel something but I just felt as if I was very mildly tipsy but a groggy kind of tipsy. This put me off trying any more that night so I stopped and I just felt a little strange and groggy for the next few hours.

Second attempt:
2ml dose this time. I felt a little anxious and uncomfortable after about 10 minutes of taking the dose (possibly due to my own anxiety and anticipation of the drug kicking in). After at 30 minutes I settled down and felt ok. Felt mildly tipsy/drunk again, not so groggy this time. I felt slightly lightheaded. I guess I could say I felt slightly more comfortable and less anxious than I would be sober on a night out but the effects were very subtle and I did't feel any sort of euphoria or feel more inclined to talk to people or let myself go like I would do when drunk. These mild effects lasted about an hour and then I just started to feel groggy and anxious and did so for the next few hours until I got some sleep.

Third attempt:
3ml dose. followed by 2ml about an hour later. Again I just felt mildly drunk but no real beneficial effects. None of the euphoria or positive social benefits people usual associate with this drug. No increase in sexual desire.
I can tell the drug is doing something as I feel quite lightheaded/dizzy and a little unsteady on my feet while on it but other than that the mental benefits have been minimal.
When the drug started to wear off I felt very groggy and anxious again. I felt depressed, had a foggy head and I couldn't sleep.

So after trying this stuff 3 times, I'm wondering is it a drug that's not for me? Or does this sound like it might be something to do the quality of the GHB. All 3 times I have taken it, it has been from the same batch.

Has anyone had similar experiences with this stuff?

I was hoping it would be a great alternative to alcohol will similar or better effects but in fact it's just been like alcohol with none of the benefits. So if this isn't the drug for me i'm still looking for ideas on an alternative to alcohol with similar affects, if anyone has any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi there. You say GHB, but use 'mls' to quantify your dose. So to clarify, are you using GHB or rather something like GBL? And if the latter, it could well be adulterated with plenty of water. One trick is to stick it in the freezer for a day. It shouldn't freeze or be lumpy at all if it's relatively pure.

Hi CFC, thanks for the reply.

Sorry I should have made it clearer what I was taking and the dose. It is GHB but in the liquid form. According to the person I got it form the strength is 0.7g per ml. So 1 ml would be 0.7g of GHB and so on. So I haven't exactly taken huge doses yet but enough to see that i'm not getting the effects that most users of this drug report.

On my third attempt of taking GHB I took 3ml and then 2ml an hour later, which would be 3.5 grams. (If the strength is what is claimed).

Even if the strength was not accurate and I was taking a slightly lower dose, I can't see myself feeling anything good off this stuff as I was already dizzy and lightheaded from the doses so far. Taking an even higher dose surely won't lead to euphoria and social benefits without me feeling even more dizzy and then super groggy. That's why i'm wondering if it might just be a bad batch or if GHB doesn't work so well for some people.

I will put the bit left I have in the freezer and see what happens.

Well I have been sold toilet water as GHB before and I didn't get any effect from that LOL. GHB has a very narrow window of recreational effects. A little too much and you'll pass out, not enough and you wont feel it. So you might have just not taken enough or the quality could be bad. An obvious sign of good ghb is salty taste but that can easily be faked with salt... once you're more familiar with it you'll be able to recognize its distinct taste. But a newbie might not be able to tell the difference.

I find a better way is checking the consistency. If it kind of syrup-y, then it probably has a high concentration of ghb. Also it has something of a smell, where as salt water does not.

Edit: from further investigation I think the smell might actually be due to un-reacted gbl. So I'm not positive on that one.

Well I have been sold toilet water as GHB before and I didn't get any effect from that LOL. GHB has a very narrow window of recreational effects. A little too much and you'll pass out, not enough and you wont feel it. So you might have just not taken enough or the quality could be bad. An obvious sign of good ghb is salty taste but that can easily be faked with salt... once you're more familiar with it you'll be able to recognize its distinct taste. But a newbie might not be able to tell the difference.

I find a better way is checking the consistency. If it kind of syrup-y, then it probably has a high concentration of ghb. Also it has something of a smell, where as salt water does not.

Edit: from further investigation I think the smell might actually be due to un-reacted gbl. So I'm not positive on that one.

Thanks for the reply.

Haha, yea I'm pretty sure it's not toilet water. I do get some effect from this stuff that's the thing but just none of the positive effects. I just feel slightly groggy drunk and dizzy, that's it.

It seems to match up with what GHB is usually like from your description and from what I've read. It is definitely syrupy and salty, but a different kind of salty to salt water. So it all seems legit.

I'm probably going to have to try something else as an alcohol alternative as this hasn't worked at all but GHB sounded like the closest thing so it's rather disappointing.

Thanks for the reply.

Haha, yea I'm pretty sure it's not toilet water. I do get some effect from this stuff that's the thing but just none of the positive effects. I just feel slightly groggy drunk and dizzy, that's it.

It seems to match up with what GHB is usually like from your description and from what I've read. It is definitely syrupy and salty, but a different kind of salty to salt water. So it all seems legit.

I'm probably going to have to try something else as an alcohol alternative as this hasn't worked at all but GHB sounded like the closest thing so it's rather disappointing.

Phenibut, my man. Cheap, legal, easy to get. Ime, more enjoyable than alcohol. Just... do not use it every day.

Phenibut doesn't resemble alcohol at all...

And if he is underwhelmed by the affects of GHB then phenibut is going to be nothing but a waste of money for what he is looking for.

Considering your needs, I think 2M2B or a benzo would fill that role better than anything else.

xanax is borring on its own ime... Maybe phenibut in combination with xanax. I was gonna suggest this combo the first time. I find it much better than each on their own. mixing downers can obviously be dangerous so keep doses low to start.