• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gf been sectioned under the mental health act! Help us please!!

The insomnia is a concern. They really need to get to the bottom of that. Its often a symptom of a variety of mental illnesses. Not saying she has anything more than insomnia but there is usually something causing insomnia rather than it existing on its own.

The insomnia is a concern. They really need to get to the bottom of that. Its often a symptom of a variety of mental illnesses. Not saying she has anything more than insomnia but there is usually something causing insomnia rather than it existing on its own.

That's what started this whole thing, not sleeping but wanting to lead a normal life, doctor giving her zopis again and again for months, her looking for something stronger. She ended up buying nitrazepam and stuff, ended up going crazy :(

A couple of years back I experienced a MH crisis severe enough to warrant sectioning. Was initially a terrifying experience on many levels but I have to say that I now can consider it a turning point - the pivot point is that where the slowly tumbling chaos of what my life had become went into freefall only to discover I had a parachute all along.

A great deal has changed since then and all for the better. Sometimes things have to fall apart in order to be put back together again in better functioning ways. Take all the help now available to you both and come out the other side all the stronger for all that has happened <3

A couple of years back I experienced a MH crisis severe enough to warrant sectioning. Was initially a terrifying experience on many levels but I have to say that I now can consider it a turning point - the pivot point is that where the slowly tumbling chaos of what my life had become went into freefall only to discover I had a parachute all along.

A great deal has changed since then and all for the better. Sometimes things have to fall apart in order to be put back together again in better functioning ways. Take all the help now available to you both and come out the other side all the stronger for all that has happened <3

That's really good to hear mate, obviously for you but also good to hear for the gf. I keep telling her not to let this all be for nothing, last night she also slept for around 6 hours which is fantastic news! First block of sleep in months.
I'm glad she has seen the evil side of taking pills for a cure. Same as what happened with me and morphine and fentanyl. In my head it was normal to eat handfuls and wash down with oramorph, then before you know it your life's gone down the pan. No one could tell me better as I needed them to work and lead a normal life and I was prescribed them, I didn't need any more justification than that in my mind. I look back now and it's clear to see it wasn't 'normal'
Her mindset was exactly the same as mine and it didn't matter how much I tried to convince her otherwise.
I'm glad it got so bad so quick rather than a year or 2 down the line when everything you held precious has gone....

How is she getting on now? What about you - are you coping ok, going back to work?

I know, I was only making reference to the fact she was unaware how quick it creeps up on you....

that's the meaning i intended also, didn't mean anything else by it.
i hope you and she are both coping well.

She's made really good progress, tonight is her first time she can sleep at home tonight. So that's great! She's still a bit down from it all which is understandable.

I'm Coping ok I guess, been eating a lot of shite though. She doesn't realise the impact it has had on me, but that's not so important. I have been given a week off on compassionate leave, I was supposed to flight out tomorrow but I'll go next week now.
I just hope she stays off all the drugs now!

Thanks for the support and concern everyone :) you lot have been the only people that have even known about any of this!

That's good to hear mr.buffnstuff. It cant be easy for her, the whole episode will have been a shock for her (never mind you!) And well done you for being a rock for her to rely on.

Your influence on her on the drug front will matter a lot. I'm sure you'll have already thought of this. Don't take stuff in front of her, have a long break together and concentrate on other stuff. Can you leave her with a project of sorts - be it re-decorating ideas, holiday plans, new winter wardrobe etc to keep her busy when you are away at work.

If you need to get stuff off your chest, eadd is here for you <3

That's good to hear mr.buffnstuff. It cant be easy for her, the whole episode will have been a shock for her (never mind you!) And well done you for being a rock for her to rely on.

Your influence on her on the drug front will matter a lot. I'm sure you'll have already thought of this. Don't take stuff in front of her, have a long break together and concentrate on other stuff. Can you leave her with a project of sorts - be it re-decorating ideas, holiday plans, new winter wardrobe etc to keep her busy when you are away at work.

If you need to get stuff off your chest, eadd is here for you <3

She's going to start easing back into work next week a couple of days or whatever. Something steady at least but then she will have routine again.
I'm going to try get her training with me again at the gym and eventually back into kickboxing.
It's amazing how much slips away from you when drugs start to take hold.
Yeh I don't use anything like benzos which is a help I'm sure, also laying off everything for a while until things are back to kotmal

:)

She's going to start easing back into work next week a couple of days or whatever. Something steady at least but then she will have routine again.
I'm going to try get her training with me again at the gym and eventually back into kickboxing.
Yeh I don't use anything like benzos which is a help I'm sure, also laying off everything for a while until things are back to kotmal

:)

Good on you! The 2 of you sound like you're dealing with it really well. You in particular sound like an amazing partner, really supportive and practical.

Take good care of each other, you have my admiration <3

Just wondering what they did to help her? Seems to me that she was on a lot of mind altering pharmaceuticals in the lead up to this. Did they modify her drug regimen at all?

I fought it every step of the way... but routine really does seem to help, As did exercise. And, especially, the support of those that care about me. Sounds like you are scoring high in all these areas - although she may not be in a position to realise all of this yet but she will in time.

This is also very true. So easy to do though. Had it happen to me a number of times to varying degrees. Spotting the point where use begins to slip over into abuse is notoriously tricky so for those of us who still like our substances it pays to listen to those around us who maybe have a better perspective than we do. Easier said than done admittedly... :eek::D:|

Good on you! The 2 of you sound like you're dealing with it really well. You in particular sound like an amazing partner, really supportive and practical.

Take good care of each other, you have my admiration <3

I haven't done anything anyone else wouldn't have done :)

She's been taken off her section thing today and now she's home. She's Starting part back part time next week just to keep structure and to keep busy. I'll be back at work sometime next week depending when they can get room on the helicopters (it's a nightmare!)

Things are going to be ok and back to normal soon :)

She is more like herself today than last week that's for sure!

Just wondering what they did to help her? Seems to me that she was on a lot of mind altering pharmaceuticals in the lead up to this. Did they modify her drug regimen at all?

Hello, so they started her on a detox thing to get the drugs out her system. They planned out all these new meds and really did plan it well, all out on charts that would show peak levels and their timings etc
Anti-psychotic meds and anti withdrawal ones whilst she was withdrawing.
Then planning for when she gets out so, organising support in the community and everything else like that.

They really did do a good job, it's hard to agree with them at the start but then I think, that's his job, his whole career has been based on that and he sure knows more than we do

I fought it every step of the way... but routine really does seem to help, As did exercise. And, especially, the support of those that care about me. Sounds like you are scoring high in all these areas - although she may not be in a position to realise all of this yet but she will in time.

This is also very true. So easy to do though. Had it happen to me a number of times to varying degrees. Spotting the point where use begins to slip over into abuse is notoriously tricky so for those of us who still like our substances it pays to listen to those around us who maybe have a better perspective than we do. Easier said than done admittedly... :eek::D:|

She doesn't see that line between use and abuse very clearly yet. 4£/6: my biggest worry. She took the tablets to sleep because she 'needs them' and trying to explain to her that she doesn't need them to sleep because even taking handfuls wouldn't get her sleeping. She's really anxious about sleeping without meds because In her head she needs them and I'm telling her that it's her addiction telling her she needs them now.
By the way she slept from about 23:30 till 8:30 this morning! We never sleep past 6:30-7:00!
I haven't slept much whilst she's been away as I've been worrying and I think last night it caught up with me.

ALSO! I rang the company I work for and said I can start back after Monday but it's dependant on when they're room on the chopper. They've text me today to say I'm flying out Tuesday morning! :)
Hopefully I can make the few days up at the end of the trip too. This might sound greedy but whilst she's not working much everything still needs paying for and at £2k a week it's a lot to miss out on as it goes a long LONG way and at Xmas I'll be unemployed again so I need to keep on track with everything.

Overall, it looks like everything will be back on track again soon.

I wasn't sure if I would be finished from having this time off, so to get the call back it's a real relief!

What a rollercoaster of a story.

Hope it all pans out good for you guys. You sound like a top man MrBuffnstuff.

Ol now we have a big problem! She was supposed to be getting a taper on twmazepam but the doctor screwed the paperwork up, basically they can't issue it till Monday at the earliest!
She's going out her mind at me. I threw away all the shite she had before and now it's all my fault!
She's been rooting through the bin in case there's any in there! Says she'd rather be dead than not sleep!
First night off her section this isn't going good!
:'(
She's got it all out her system but she thinks that she can't sleep without meds for the rest of her life, she hasn't even tried!

I'm a patient guy and I'm understanding but if after all this she decides to start again, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I've just driven 30 miles to get her meds from the hospital (minus the Tpam) I do everything I can but she needs to start trying as well.
The hospital said if she comes back again, it won't be a week or 2 like it has been. It will likely be months!

I'm a patient guy and I'm understanding but if after all this she decides to start again, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Set firm boundaries. You can't force her to change, you can only stop enabling her problematic behavior, and then enable her and work with her to continue the changes she's working on.

As hard as it is for both of you, months may be what she needs. I once did a 90-day residential program with months of after care and it was effective in a way that a couple weeks or even 28-days would NEVER have been.