• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Getting three hundred grams of green

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok guys. I need a heads up on how to wean. I?m getting my k tomorrow and I want off this also.

Can anyone give me a good taper schedule so I can at least be more comfortable then I am?

Can you be a little more clear? What are you trying to wean off of. What dose are you currently at? Im guessing k is kolonopin?

74 hours no Kratom. Man it sucks that I have more coming in. But I?m finally starting to turn a corner.

Hopefully I can just give my Kratom to my roommate and he hold onto it and lie to me and say that he flushed it down lol.

So are you trying to get off Kratom? Or are you using kratom to get off a harder opiate like oxycodone or heroin? Whats your daily dosage like (whether it be kratom or another opiate)? What's your taper plan, or do you need help putting one together? We're a board with a lot of great advice form a lot of folks who've "been there and done that" with all sorts of drugs, we just need a little more info from ya.

If you want to get off kratom, start with stabilizing on a baseline dose. Shoot for <20g/day (I have no idea how much you were using). Then reduce the dose 1g/week.

4oz kratom would be 112g. So actually that advice doesn't make that much sense. Perhaps try 5-10g/day and drop the dose by 1g/week. If you can get under 2-4g/day it shouldn't be too hard to get off. Not fun, but nothing like coming off something like oxycodone or heroin.

Comfort meds would still be a really good idea. Gabapentin works really well to come off a moderate/small dose of kratom. I was surprised to find megadosing Vitamin C was actually quite helpful. Don't know if it was placebo or not, but I'd suggest looking into it as you taper off kratom.

The biggest challenge may be avoiding reducing multiple times a day trying to chase the high. If you can figure out how to avoid that you'll be golden.

The big take aways from this message is don't dose more than once per day and taper (TAPER!).

And pls try to find a week or two's worth of comfort meds (just no buprenorphine/methadone, that shouldn't be necessary with this if you can get around or under 4g when you jump off; an appropriate dose of buprenorphine (low) does make sense of heavy kratom habits, but the point here is to taper you dose down, so buprenorphine shouldn't be necessary if you can get something like gabapentin).

He's trying to quit gabapentin so I don't think that's a good option. If your already 72 hours into wd then it's almost over anyway

When I saw "green", I thought marijuana, and thought wow that won't be too hard to quit, for most people.

Kratom shouldn't be either.

Good to know, then yes avoid GBP. Clonidine or baclofen would still be helpful. Or NMDA antagonists if you’re into/can tolerate them.

When I had a significant kratom habit (~30-60g/day), it took me about 7-10 days to really get over the withdrawal. I think I used small doses of loperamide for the shits for days 3-6 and then took a couple massive doses of DXM or something (not recommended, but it can work if you’re desperate). The DXM and itsafterglow completely 100% eliminating the withdrawal symptoms.

Ftr there are a lot of issues with DXM for this purpose, and generally, so treat lightly and do your research if you get curious before actually taking any. I can’t imagine what it’s like considering I’ve only had the experience of it really helping with opioid withdrawal, but I can imagine how shitty it would be to be in withdrawal AND have an adverse reaction to DXM :(

When I tapered off kratom instead of just jumping from 30g to nothing, I didn’t need anything other than water, fiber supplements for shitting and trazadone/melatonin for sleep. And from what I hear from others, tapering works pretty well (even skipping days seems to make a big difference).

The first couple days will be kinda crappy, but it’s very manageable. Staying busy can be difficult, but it makes it way easier. Highly recommend using the 4oz to taper down instead of just doing whatever your impulses tell you.

And yes, I also read the title as cannabis, but I really haven’t been up to date with SL in a while. School/training/life is getting distracting ;)

After reflecting,I need to qualify what I’ve posted here.

With the kratom, which is/ just another opioid (albeit a much less potent on than something like heroin), the lower you can keep the dose, the less frequently you can dose (either every other day or no more than once a day), and the lower you can taper down the more manageable coming off will be.

I was just thinking, last time I had to do something like this I actually taper down from about 35g/day to 0.5g/day by first skipping days then drastically reducing my dose. It was uncomfortable for a few days when I made the drastic dose reduction, but coming off the super low <1g dose was a piece of piss by comparison.

Let us know how you do with the kratom OP. Good luck! <3

Guys I don?t want to be a hopeless drug addict that is addicted to this because I have anxiety.

It takes my anxiety away but it will turn on me. I?m thinking it?s going to be tough to try to stick with a weaning schedule since I?m so anxious all the time.

I don?t want to be addicted for years and there going to outlaw this in my states. So hopefully I can stop now before it?s to late.

There's lots of other things to help anxiety. I get that opiates work well, trust me...they were the first REAL thing that worked for me too, when I discovered them I thought I had found the answer to all of my problems. little did I know...

GABA pills help me quite a bit. They act on the same parts of the brain as benzos and alcohol at promoting relaxation, but are natural and don't have the side effects. Exercise relieves a lot of stress. anxiety, and depression for me too...not at first, but after getting into a routine after a week or two. Also, if worst comes to worst, benzos and ssri's can help anxiety as well. Though, be easy on the benzos bc they're addictive as shit too.

Have you thought about going on suboxone or methadone? Getting on maintenance could be really beneficial for you..it would stabilize you while you worked on your anxiety with a counselor..just a thought

Maintenance does sound like it might be worth considering.

Try not to rush sonic, focus on making small manageable changes. There are lots of thing out there to help you with anxiety, so don’t give up!

Btw, what have you tried to help manage your anxiety outside of kratom and gabapentin?

I have 300 grams of Bali. So I plan to use what I have to wean off. I don?t want to buy anymore.

I?m 17 days into gabapentin withdrawals and I was very tempted yesterday to tell the doc just to write me a script but I?ve come so far why back out now.

I?m going to try to use Twix a day. One in the morning and one at night. I want to be able to make my stash last so I?m trying to figure out a good taper plan.

Would you mind sharing your tapering plan on here are you figure it out? Good tapers take a little tweaking as they go, so having a record of it hear will not only allow you to recieve feedback from us, it’ll also document where you’re at for yourself. Keeping a record will help with your reflection and adjusting it as necessary.

Good luck! I hear GBP withdrawal is pretty shitty. We’re rooting for ya!!! <3

Fuck me I had a whole story but it didn't post.
TPD is correct. Taper and use comfort meds. I find skipping days is the key when you get down to low gpd