• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting on suboxone from H cut with fentanyl

OEandricearoni

Bluelighter
Okay so recently like a fool I ran out of my sub and relapsed on H. I havent been using the dope for that long yet, about 10 days. I finally got a sub script a few days ago and really want to transition but I am Terrified to do so.

Why? My experience the last few times I did this was I waited like 2 days to start bupe, was in full w/d puking sweating, the works. Tuenbupe made me more sick anyway! Its.come to my attention this is probably because of fent.

I just want to transition without goint through that fucking nightmare I went through last year transitioning. The H I get CERTAINLy contains fent. Idk what to do to safely switch and I feel like the longer I wait, the worse it will be.

My current plan is do the bare min of H the next few days. Just enough to not be dying sick. A rapid taper I guess. After that, abstain for a good 36-48 hours, or as long as I can, then induce. Man, I really am so scared I have to say last year was really z nightmare, BUT i have a much smaller habit atm and also dont have months on the stuff this time at least.

I have enough H to get me through prolly about a week maybe longer but I really don't even want to be using that much longer. Ive thought about speaking to my Dr and asking for a full agonist that ISNT fent for a week just for the transition but I know that will probably be an impossible sell. Wish I had a source for something like hydros or somethin to take for a week so I didnt have to go from fent to subs shit I even considered methadone which is crazy that going from that to sub may be easier! Ive ranted enough though any advice from someone who dealt with similar circumstances would be greatly appreciated...thanks...

Last edited:
Okay so recently like a fool I ran out of my sub and relapsed on H. I havent been using the dope for that long yet, about 10 days. I finally got a sub script a few days ago and really want to transition but I am Terrified to do so.

Why? My experience the last few times I did this was I waited like 2 days to start bupe, was in full w/d puking sweating, the works. Tuenbupe made me more sick anyway! Its.come to my attention this is probably because of fent.

I just want to transition without goint through that fucking nightmare I went through last year transitioning. The H I get CERTAINLy contains fent. Idk what to do to safely switch and I feel like the longer I wait, the worse it will be.

My current plan is do the bare min of H the next few days. Just enough to not be dying sick. A rapid taper I guess. After that, abstain for a good 36-48 hours, or as long as I can, then induce. Man, I really am so scared I have to say last year was really z nightmare, BUT i have a much smaller habit atm and also dont have months on the stuff this time at least.

I have enough H to get me through prolly about a week maybe longer but I really don't even want to be using that much longer. Ive thought about speaking to my Dr and asking for a full agonist that ISNT fent for a week just for the transition but I know that will probably be an impossible sell. Wish I had a source for something like hydros or somethin to take for a week so I didnt have to go from fent to subs shit I even considered methadone which is crazy that going from that to sub may be easier! Ive ranted enough though any advice from someone who dealt with similar circumstances would be greatly appreciated...thanks...
You could be fine to start this within a day or two of stopping since you've been using less than 2 weeks. Your desire to avoid suffering might end up causing you more suffering by increasing your tolerance. Of course this is only my opinion and the following suggestion is obviously subject to revising in any way you feel you want to

Cut your Suboxone into small pieces ideally 0.5mg ea ( do the best if you have tablets to keep them roughly the same size). On your induction day take one every 60-90 minutes until your symptoms are relieved or you reach a max of 4mg. Repeat the same thing on Day 2. On days three and four raise the max to 6mg before stopping. Continue raising the maximum dose up to whatever it was you were taking before. Also be honest and check in with yourself during this process, you might find you feel stabilized on a dose that is smaller than what you used to take, which would be a nice thing in and of itself

It sounds like you might have taken it too early? Suboxone will let me know when the substance is administered at the right time because I will feel a huge wave of relief. If I was even an hour or two too early, I will feel SO fatigued/sweating all over/can not stop sleeping until the next day. If you notice sickness from the first strip/what have you, wait until the next morning to administer more strips. I know it sucks to wait like that in our world of pain, but the additional strips after the first one (when you feel sick if you have administered too early or the doses are too low for your fent/H use to even be matched with suboxone) will be a total waste.

For some reason suboxone does not seem to help much after you've administered strip one and you still feel like crap lol. If you want to get off your fun spree without any sickness, its better to wait a day or two until you feel like you're about to die from the plague. The strip will save you from the rest of it as long as you taper off more or less. I've done it more than I wish to say... but it works. To be frank, if the withdrawal is just horrible beyond words I am going to guess 95% of opiate addicts will relapse lol. A withdrawal that is benign is easier to tough out without any suboxone. I also want to relay that suboxone is not good to stay on for longer periods of time if you are planning to withdraw from that (unless using a calculated and careful taper plan). Suboxone--while a weaker opioid per say--does have a toxic withdrawal for those who stay on it for too long and cold turkey (or taper off too fast towards the last strip being used). Good luck :)

I do hope that you are right about being able to start within a day or two. This is a real bitch! I remember back 10-12 years ago I could be off dope for 8-12 hours and induce without a problem...now I wait a day and a half and still get PWD! Really some evil Shit! Im going to use as little as.possible until Monday I have that day off so I was gonna use it as my chance to induce. I do want to make sure my tolerance is low.as possible so the next few days I'm just gonna do a small bump when I start to feel sick and thats it, that way there isnt much built up in my system either.

It sounds like you might have taken it too early? Suboxone will let me know when the substance is administered at the right time because I will feel a huge wave of relief. If I was even an hour or two too early, I will feel SO fatigued/sweating all over/can not stop sleeping until the next day. If you notice sickness from the first strip/what have you, wait until the next morning to administer more strips. I know it sucks to wait like that in our world of pain, but the additional strips after the first one (when you feel sick if you have administered too early or the doses are too low for your fent/H use to even be matched with suboxone) will be a total waste.

For some reason suboxone does not seem to help much after you've administered strip one and you still feel like crap lol. If you want to get off your fun spree without any sickness, its better to wait a day or two until you feel like you're about to die from the plague. The strip will save you from the rest of it as long as you taper off more or less. I've done it more than I wish to say... but it works. To be frank, if the withdrawal is just horrible beyond words I am going to guess 95% of opiate addicts will relapse lol. A withdrawal that is benign is easier to tough out without any suboxone. I also want to relay that suboxone is not good to stay on for longer periods of time if you are planning to withdraw from that (unless using a calculated and careful taper plan). Suboxone--while a weaker opioid per say--does have a toxic withdrawal for those who stay on it for too long and cold turkey (or taper off too fast towards the last strip being used). Good luck :)
Trust me man I know all about getting on subs as I've been on and off it for 10 years. The issue is dope these days is all cut with fent, at least the dope around here is. While it was around 10-12 years ago I believe it was less prevalent. People have been getting sick even after waiting 2 days to induce. It's something you can read about on here. This happened to me a year ago when I got back in subs. I was throwing up, feeling like death and about 2 days since last time I used and got MORE sick when I took the sub. It was so bad a neighbor called an ambulance because I couldn't stop puking and was having trouble breathing. Ugh....it was a nightmare, really.

Gonna do my best to avoid THAT lol. I have the fact that I haven't been using that long and my habit being smaller than it was back then on my side. Im waiting to induce til I have a day off. I work Sunday so my last dose will prolly be late Saturday or a small one in the AM Sunday to get through work. Then I'll wait til im good n sick probably late Monday night to take the sub. Making sure my use is minimal this weekend so it won't take too long to get outta my system

Trust me man I know all about getting on subs as I've been on and off it for 10 years. The issue is dope these days is all cut with fent, at least the dope around here is. While it was around 10-12 years ago I believe it was less prevalent. People have been getting sick even after waiting 2 days to induce. It's something you can read about on here. This happened to me a year ago when I got back in subs. I was throwing up, feeling like death and about 2 days since last time I used and got MORE sick when I took the sub. It was so bad a neighbor called an ambulance because I couldn't stop puking and was having trouble breathing. Ugh....it was a nightmare, really.

Gonna do my best to avoid THAT lol. I have the fact that I haven't been using that long and my habit being smaller than it was back then on my side. Im waiting to induce til I have a day off. I work Sunday so my last dose will prolly be late Saturday or a small one in the AM Sunday to get through work. Then I'll wait til im good n sick probably late Monday night to take the sub. Making sure my use is minimal this weekend so it won't take too long to get outta my system

Oh wow that's wild to me. I've never heard of suboxone making people 'more' sick than the normal withdrawal when cold-turkey'd. I'm wondering why that would happen but does not seem like an uncommon incident come to think of it. Maybe the body just reacts badly to not having the opioids and the massive doses from fent it normally would have. Rejects that weaker non-fent heroin like a child having a tantrum lol. Good luck... I know how bad fent withdrawal is without help aids so try not to feel that badly haha.

I do hope that you are right about being able to start within a day or two. This is a real bitch! I remember back 10-12 years ago I could be off dope for 8-12 hours and induce without a problem...now I wait a day and a half and still get PWD! Really some evil Shit! Im going to use as little as.possible until Monday I have that day off so I was gonna use it as my chance to induce. I do want to make sure my tolerance is low.as possible so the next few days I'm just gonna do a small bump when I start to feel sick and thats it, that way there isnt much built up in my system either.
Sounds like you have a lot of experience with this, ultimately you are the best judge of how to do it ... your own health and well-being are paramount and yet work is a big part of that and you don't want to jeopardize that.

This article is among the best I've found, I hope it helps. Godspeed