• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting High While On Vivitrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleusis211

Greenlighter
Good Afternoon,

For starters, I would appreciate it if people would not post simply to tell me not to do this. I am aware of the risks. I have been using opioids for over a decade. My question is, what opioids can I get high on while I am on a Vivitrol injection? I have been forced, due to circumstance, to receive this shot once a month. I know that most common opioids such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, etc will not work. But I find it hard to believe that there are no opioids that can compete with the naltrexone to bind with the receptors. What if someone on naltrexone had a serious injury and needed pain management for medical purposes? There has got to be something out there that will still work.

Does anyone know, preferably from first hand experience, what drugs I can use?

I think some of the more potent RC opioids would still work. Just know that youre royally fucked if you OD

No. They won't get you high, but they will kill you. Ask those folks dead in OH.

Fentanyl i believe
This. I know a few of my friends that have gotten the shot, and they all swear that they can still use fentanyl to get high. I think it's because of fent's high binding affinity? Not 100% positive about that explanation, but it's my educated guess...

- Hopeless Soul

Im pretty sure subs and fentanyl analogs are all that will work
The thing is, some fentanyl analouges have a higher binding affinity the fent' and some have a lower binding affinity.. So I would think there would be some analouges that don't work as well as others..

- Hopeless Soul

Fentanyl for sure, but the safety margin is extremely small, plus most people don't experience much euphoria, don't do it.

I'll close this for now, as the question is more or less against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.