• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Getting high naturally

we must have a way to cope with incomprehensible trauma, our bodies/minds are capable of much more then just that...

@smokingajoint -
busting a nut is only part of the journey,, there is a lot more that can come before now and after.
~utter-morphing-wander-lust~

Last edited:
"N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally occurring psychedelic compound of the tryptamine family. DMT is found not only in several plants,[3] but also in trace amounts in humans and other mammals, where it is originally derived from the essential amino acid tryptophan, and ultimately produced by the enzyme INMT during normal metabolism.[4] The natural function of its widespread presence remains undetermined."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

I know...I know. I wasn't saying that it doesn't exist in our bodies. In fact I do believe that it is produced in our bodies. However, I was stating the fact that it is not 100% fact. I have told many people that DMT is produced in your brain, but the truth is: All of that shit is Rick Straussman's theory. He never dissected someone's brain and tested for DMT.

For me, running is one thing allows me to get outside my 'ego' on a regular basis. Once I hit a few miles, that euphoria kicks in.

I've had a few meditation experiences that produced feelings of euphoria, levitation, etc...

Of course, the things I mentioned take much more effort than simply ingesting some chemicals, so it's up to you to decide which is more worthwhile :)

Getting high naturally

There is no such thing, really.

You can feel good naturally. You can experience natural euphoria. But some experiences simply require a pharmacological catalyst. You can't naturally recreate the effect of a nervous system flooded with tryptamines, for example. That's why I don't ever see myself abandoning psychedelic drugs.

last sunday i felt as high as my best acid trip

last monday i felt as low as my worst meth comedown

i was as sober as could be on both days

we are infinite energy. william s burroughs ii is correct.

imo

Two things.

Regardless of the purported (this is not to say I am skeptical in that I do not believe, but am skeptical in that I do not currently have a stance because I haven't examined the various sources of evidence enough to make an absolute statement) presence of DMT in the human body, it is present in amounts magnitudes lower than even the most threshold of doses, and all of the pineal gland/DMT death experiences are entirely speculative. -entirely-.

Lastly, I just want to say that it is kind of disturbing how synonymous getting high and being happy are for some people. You may have felt as 'high' as when you were on drugs, and indeed it is because of chemicals in your brain, just like drugs. However, being 'naturally high' implies something quite different than just feeling good. It implies an alteration of consciousness from an external source. At least, that is what I have always thought it meant. Semantics, relative meaning and all that

Your body produces endocannabinoids, and the theory goes that if one could optimize their omega-3 consumption to get the ratio of endocannabinoids right, one could experience marijuana-like effects. I have a friend that swears he doesn't have to smoke anymore to get high, and that between fish oils, vitamins, and eating shit tons of hemp seeds, he has achieved a 'perpetual stone'. To me, it would seem A LOT easier to just smoke a joint, but whatever floats your boat.

Not sitting down and meditating no never - But Listening to music with almost all the lights off, and headphones on seriously loud so I couldn't hear anything else - last night this got me high like a small amount of speed, or a fat amount of caffeine.

Before that - I have experienced a euphoria equal to 50-70mg MDMA after a few Ashtanga Vinyasa sessions - seriously amazing energy.