Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Getting high naturally

AnrBjotk

Bluelighter
This has interested me for years.
Many people, in perticular, William S Burroughs II claimed that any effects created with drugs can be created my your own mind.
This is obviously somewhat discredited by Burroughs lifelong opiate-addiction, but does anyone have any experience, literature or information on this?

Of course there are many mystics who talk about meditation as a way of experiencing euphoria (Osho, par example).

Ive tried it myself, but it hasn't worked. Perhaps it is because I know the effects of real drugs that I am unable or unwilling to try hard enough?

I have little interest in psychedelics and have only recently discovered the well-known fact of the existence of DMT i the human body. I also remember a interview with William Burroughs where he talks about scientist being able to train students to exercise full control over their body (to the same degree that certain 'gurus' claim the ability). Full control to regulate blood pressure, body heat, dopamine production, so, there should be an latent ability to harness or focus the natural amounts of DMT in the body...
Oui?

This has interested me for years.
Many people, in perticular, William S Burroughs II claimed that any effects created with drugs can be created my your own mind.

I know a guy that was a dead head who is almost fifty. He claims that after he took enough acid and other shit he realized you can create those experiences under other conditions. Once you have opened those doors, and you have been to the other side, you know where to go, but only need to remember how to get there.

I have little interest in psychedelics and have only recently discovered the well-known fact of the existence of DMT i the human body.

Although I am one who believes that we have naturally occurring DMT in our bodies, it is not a well known fact, but rather a theory.

I know a guy that was a dead head who is almost fifty. He claims that after he took enough acid and other shit he realized you can create those experiences under other conditions. Once you have opened those doors, and you have been to the other side, you know where to go, but only need to remember how to get there.

LOL... he SAID that ON acid... but did he manage to do it when he was OFF acid?
I mean...I feel the same about heroin. When I'm on it I think: Wow...its so easy to be happy! I dont need any drugs.
Then the drugs wear off...

^ No.

Measurable quantities are found in human blood and urine.

There's a load of nonsense surrounding DMT being produced in the brain during dreams, large quantities of DMT being released at death, etc.

^ No.

Measurable quantities are found in human blood and urine.

There's a load of nonsense surrounding DMT being produced in the brain during dreams, large quantities of DMT being released at death, etc.

IS that nonsense... To me it makes sense... but I dont know the science of it.

I also had a theory about it, that the more DMT in your blood, the more colourful the world seems, the more happy you are, on the other end, people with small amounts of DMT see the world as grey and dull...

^ LOL, yes. I have proven your theory to be correct, by introducing large quantities of DMT to my own bloodstream.

LOL... he SAID that ON acid... but did he manage to do it when he was OFF acid?

No he actually didn't say that on acid. Maybe you didn't see the part where I said fifty year old former dead head. I thought that would indicate that he no longer uses LSD.

I mean...I feel the same about heroin. When I'm on it I think: Wow...its so easy to be happy! I dont need any drugs.
Then the drugs wear off...

That is the stupidest piece of evidence I have ever heard anyone use. Obviously it was the drugs that made you feel that way, so why would you say you don't need drugs when you had to use them to reach that state? That's like saying, 'Getting hit in the head with a rock can't kill you because I hit myself in the head with a rock and I didn't die.'

No he actually didn't say that on acid. Maybe you didn't see the part where I said fifty year old former dead head. I thought that would indicate that he no longer uses LSD.

That is the stupidest piece of evidence I have ever heard anyone use. Obviously it was the drugs that made you feel that way, so why would you say you don't need drugs when you had to use them to reach that state? That's like saying, 'Getting hit in the head with a rock can't kill you because I hit myself in the head with a rock and I didn't die.'

Oh, dear. There is always one isn't there? Shouldn't you be on a Justin Bieber message board or summat? Where you can get out all that sexual frustration?

But please... Don't get your panties in a wedge, I misunderstood.
You did indeed type: "He claims that after he took enough acid and other shit he realized you can create those experiences under other conditions."
Which led me to believe that he came to that conclusion ON acid...Do you see how the passing of time doesnt appear in your sentence? A 'former dead head' would imply he no longer followed Jerry Garcia around, NOT that he had stopped using acid...
But, good, let's bury our hatchets, cause I want to know more about this latter day saint! How much could he control this? How did he control it? Meditation? Training? And could he create all types of states like this? Could he choose to hallucinate etc?

Perhaps a dumb exapmple yes. I did use a somewhat ironic "tone" there, which obviously didnt translate. What I meant is that opiates work a certain way for me, and other Ive talked to: It is almost like we take a large amount of opiates, then we suddenly start to feel wonderful. And we forget we were ever blue, and the taking of opiates, and feeling of joy, almost appear unconnected. Like a coincidence.
The serious point being, that in a drug induced euphoria, it is hard to imagine ever feeling bad at all. Therefore, you makes all sorts of plans and ideas... and then the drugs wear off, and you realize how much work is required, and that 'on your own' the world doesnt seem so easy anymore. That was all.

Sorry I'm just kind of on edge because of this crazy bitch in my life. Forgive me for being an ass.

Anyways... He said that he was able to reach the same states of awareness just by using a sweat lodge type deal while out in nature. I don't know if this was accompanied by hallucinations or if it was just the state of mind and understanding. He also talked about using a flotation tank to do the same thing.

As for the opiates I know what you mean. Now that I haven't used them in a while when I start to crave them I just immerse myself in the feeling of being high, and then I can almost create a placebo high. This is also accompanied by alcohol and mj.

Sorry I'm just kind of on edge because of this crazy bitch in my life. Forgive me for being an ass.

Anyways... He said that he was able to reach the same states of awareness just by using a sweat lodge type deal while out in nature. I don't know if this was accompanied by hallucinations or if it was just the state of mind and understanding. He also talked about using a flotation tank to do the same thing.

As for the opiates I know what you mean. Now that I haven't used them in a while when I start to crave them I just immerse myself in the feeling of being high, and then I can almost create a placebo high. This is also accompanied by alcohol and mj.

Its perfectly all right, I had no reason to reply by being an ass myself! Forgive me, and dont get me started on women, man alive!

Fascinating. I have been experimenting myself with this. I have a meditation technique, that, during the right circumstances, can create a tremendous euphoria for about three or four seconds. But I'll keep working on it.

Also, I think meditation is a way to go...

When you eat food your brain releases dopamine in your brain .
It is known that around 2% of the population can go into trance passively(without external effects). And other people can go into trance by the use of feasting, meditating, getting dehydrated, dancing, using psychedelics, listening to music etc.
Your mind basically produces all the states of mind but you just need the catalyst for it; theoretically it is possible to make your mind create whatever substance/feel you like but that would mean that youd be able to control your brainwaves.

^ Trust me, you don't want the altered states of consciousness that messing with your bloodsugar brings. :)

i heard if you practice long enough meditation can bring you the states of mind you are talking about.

^ Trust me, you don't want the altered states of consciousness that messing with your bloodsugar brings. :)

oi...
actually, i used to be bad hypoglycemic, drop into the mid 40's-50's fast -- this is an altered state of most un-comfortable madness...
i feel you there.

i am certain my glucose has been spiking hard this past week;
knowing what to feel for and what brings it on.

but there IS other "sweet" stuff in our blood - that is available, in a healthy manner...

I've meditated to where I felt as if my head and feet were separated by thousands of miles, yet still connected. Similar to some acid trips Ive had, yet theres nothing Ive tried other than drugs that has engendered the same euphoic rush, or the same feeling of contentment.

In all seriousness, busting a huge nut is almost as good as heroin for a few seconds. But not as good as busting said huge nut while on MDMA.

Seriously? You are going to use Erowid as your source? There is no proof that DMT is PRODUCED in our body. Just because you piss it out doesn't mean your body created it. I piss THC I wish I created it, but I don't. :D

"N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally occurring psychedelic compound of the tryptamine family. DMT is found not only in several plants,[3] but also in trace amounts in humans and other mammals, where it is originally derived from the essential amino acid tryptophan, and ultimately produced by the enzyme INMT during normal metabolism.[4] The natural function of its widespread presence remains undetermined."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine