• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Getting around a O'Neill Long Acting Naltrexone Implant (revia)

If you told the doctor, or even went to the hospital, and told them how you have felt since the implants were in...their job is to help you. Someone there must believe they aren't god's gift to desperate addicts, and would be willing to take it out. Usually when a drug/thing inserted in the body/etc has very negative side effects, whether they be emotional or physical, the doctor's job is to help ease your misery, and in this case it would be taking it out. Seriously, try going to a psych or something and getting them to suggest that it be removed for mental purposes --- you shouldn't have to be miserable on top of everything else.

how old are you wajnky? I suppose you are financially dependent on your parents if your need to please them is so great??

Im 30 years old. No I dont need to please anyone - I need a place to live mate. Financially dependant....more like Im broke as f**k and have run out of options. Id sell my oxy supply and get on speed but I dont even know anyone to do that!

Purple cloud.....let me tell how it it will go at the hospital ----

"I have these naltrexone implants, yes five in my stomach" - me
"So you want them out to use drugs again? - dr
"No" - me
Yeah right - sure you dont want to use again - dr thinks
"You cant control your emotions, just take it easy. Bubeye now" - dr

Nobody gives a shit if a junkie is finding anything 'miserable'

Oh my god! I got mine in a week ago. Exact same fucking feeling 'wajnky' Western Australian junkie.. i'm guessing ha. Well i'm also from WA, and i was pretty much forced into this by the doctors at the 'Fresh Start Clinic' and was given an implant by George O'neil. After confessing my opiate addiction to my parents, they immeditly took me to this place the next day, and the day after the fucking things inside me. All i can think about is how to get this fucking thing out of me.

I have to go now, Forgot i was running late! i'll update soon!

o'neill is a fucking charlatan quack. what he does to people should be illegal. soulless bastard with a lot of vulnerable people's blood on his hands if you ask me.

please seek a second opinion - a lot of doctors think those things are dangerous and unethical.
try the wa drug users association (i think they're called?) i'll see if i can dig up some contacts for you.
i don't know what your options are once they're in you, but it's not cool, especially against your will.

edit - ok, if you want some advice on this subject from local people who are interested in harm minimisation for drug users, you can try the WA Substance Users Association - ph: 08 9321 2877 http://www.wasua.com.au/

i'm pretty sure there are heaps of medical people who disagree with o'neill's methods in perth, so if you want different treatment, there are probably a bunch of other people worth contacting.
it's a really invasive, dangerous way of treating addiction. there are much more compassionate options which you should have the choice to try. after all, it is your life - and your body.

Last edited:
i wonder what the medical literature proscribes for analgsic action if the patient has a implant?

Like say wajnky was in an accident and his left leg was amputated, his got to have something right?

^ I'm pretty sure the implants themselves are not medically approved.
The guy is a crook, feeding off the misery of addicts and their desperate families.

^ I don't know if they're medically approved or not, but they're available in Vic too. I know of someone personally who had one, and when I used to take naltrexone tablets I had one nurse who tried to push me into getting the implant.

i wonder what the medical literature proscribes for analgsic action if the patient has a implant?

Like say wajnky was in an accident and his left leg was amputated, his got to have something right?

Ketamine is one option that can be used in cases such as that.

Although it probably isn't quite going to do the job after an ambutation, Ketorolac worked pretty well for pain experienced after having my impacted wisdom teeth surgically removed during a break from opiates. Worked better than panadiene forte or tramadol ever has for me too.

Only ever had ketamine once and that was after I severed my arm. (wow that hurt) The paramedics gave it to me as I obviously could not have morphine. It didn't kill ANY pain, even during my OBE. The pain wasn't there though, if that makes sense. Guess that's why they call it a dissociative! Fucking weird drug!

... because the only person you're ever hurting is yourself.

This is the big lie that we tell ourselves. When we are using we hurt everybody that loves us. Learning to live without the pills is hard but absolutely necessary in order to have a decent life. Good luck

Hi hi. Great info here.I had 2 implants back in April 2012..still can't feel opiates. :( Does anyone happen to know about opiate receptors failing to respond?

I've unapproved some posts, because this issue is the essence of harm reduction, and if someone is talking about taking drastic steps to get around a controversial treatment - it would seem important to show some respect or at least keep any unhelpful thoughts to yourself.

KoalaBoo, I dont know much about the action of these treatments, but there may be some other people on this site that can answer your query. If you dont get any more worthwhile info here, I would suggest that the Other Drugs subforum might be worth searching through or asking there.
Take care, and please be careful - one of the dangers of these sorts of things is overestimating how much you need and can tolerate, and risking overdose.
Welcome to bluelight, also :)

Last edited:
Take the fuking thing out and you'll know the answer OP.

P.S I only read the first sentance to your post and none of the replys

Please how long naltrexone stays in ur system after removing the implant , its been 7days i removed it and i think am still blockedd, please heeeeellllpp

The mean elimination half-life (T-½) values for naltrexone and 6-β-naltrexol are 4 hours and 13 hours, respectively. Naltrexone and 6-β-naltrexol are dose proportional in terms of AUC and Cmax over the range of 50 to 200 mg and do not accumulate after 100 mg daily doses.

Should be well and truly gone after 7 days.