• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

Can the majority of Americans only drive automatic or can more drive manual cars than I am lead to believe?

they put commemorative plaques everywhere. if oliver cromwell took a shit somewhere, you'll know via the plaque.
yep.

Blue_plaque_Hendrix.jpg

hm, I can drive manual and rather enjoy it; but I suspect the majority of my fellow Americans cannot do so and would promptly burn up a clutch upon any attempt.

I think you'd have a better chance of finding a large group of manual-drivers here if you asked the 1%. =D

is it true that most Americans think "Manual Labour" is a Spanish politician?

Hmmm I love my manual...we usually say "stick" in referance to a manual engine, but I'd say it's about 40% of americans who can drive one.

^ That seems accurate for this generation. The percentage is much higher in rural areas, and then it drops down a lot the closer you get to the city. I can drive a manual transmission, but I am the only one in my family that can.

Last edited:
Ya I tend to think that percentage wise there'd be less Americans that can drive stick compared to the rest of the world. Still though considering that cars are so much apart of American life I find that to be an odd question. We have more than anyone per capita and we drive more on average too so I bet there are plenty of stick drivers. My current car is an automatic but, my next car will be stick because I miss it.

I only drive a standard, but yeah I'd say it's probably only about 40% who can. There's a lot of people who can't, or at least won't be bothered to. Personally I like having more power, better control over my vehicle, and saving gas at the same time. That, plus automatics are boring as shit to drive and they can't take as much abuse.

Ya I tend to think that percentage wise there'd be less Americans that can drive stick compared to the rest of the world. Still though considering that cars are so much apart of American life I find that to be an odd question. We have more than anyone per capita
actually, no! :p ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_vehicles_per_capita

Code:
Rank 	Country 	Motor Vehicles per 1000 people
1 	 Monaco 	863
2 	 United States 	828
3 	 Liechtenstein 	796 
4 	 Luxembourg 	749 	
5 	 New Zealand 	733
6 	 Australia 	730
7 	 Iceland 	724 	
7 	 Qatar 		724
8 	 Brunei 	696
9 	 Italy 		690
5 	 Malta 		743
11 	 Cyprus 	659
12 	 Canada 	620 
13 	 Spain 		608 	
14 	 Japan 		593
15 	 Finland 	591
16 	 France 	575
17 	 Norway 	574
18 	 Slovenia 	562 
18 	 Switzerland 	562 	
19 	 Austria 	561
20 	 Belgium 	558 	
21 	 Denmark 	549 
22 	 Ireland 	542
23 	 Lithuania 	541
24 	 Germany 	534
25 	 United Kingdom 525

In the US we've got to take into consideration all the illegal Mexican immigrants that pack 10 people into a little honda civic. There may be a lot of people per capita in an area, but things like public transportation and illegals cause that to have less of a correlation between population and number of vehicles.

actually, no! :p ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_vehicles_per_capita

Code:
Rank 	Country 	Motor Vehicles per 1000 people
1 	 Monaco 	863
2 	 United States 	828
3 	 Liechtenstein 	796 
4 	 Luxembourg 	749 	
5 	 New Zealand 	733
6 	 Australia 	730
7 	 Iceland 	724 	
7 	 Qatar 		724
8 	 Brunei 	696
9 	 Italy 		690
5 	 Malta 		743
11 	 Cyprus 	659
12 	 Canada 	620 
13 	 Spain 		608 	
14 	 Japan 		593
15 	 Finland 	591
16 	 France 	575
17 	 Norway 	574
18 	 Slovenia 	562 
18 	 Switzerland 	562 	
19 	 Austria 	561
20 	 Belgium 	558 	
21 	 Denmark 	549 
22 	 Ireland 	542
23 	 Lithuania 	541
24 	 Germany 	534
25 	 United Kingdom 525

Lol OK but, I got my info here. Are we seriously counting Monaco? It's not even on the list I saw. Maybe because it has a population of 40k? You did get me though ha

I can drive a stick but I am 52. The older the American, the more chance he or she can drive a stick. I prefer manual transmission and my last two cars have been sticks. I taught my four kids to drive sticks but one of them got too nervous and refused to practice so she does not drive a stick, while my other three do and prefer it.

In southern California there is no point of mentioning the Mexicans even if they do bother you for some reason. Southern California was Mexico and it probably will be again. There are areas in Southern California where NO English is spoken. I don't have an issue with Spanish, or with Mexicans. I have lived in s. Cali most of my life. Frankly, the Mexicans make it more fun.

Unless they are the brutal gangbangers. Mexican gangs can be populated by true bloodthirsty killers.

Lol OK but, I got my info here. Are we seriously counting Monaco? It's not even on the list I saw. Maybe because it has a population of 40k? You did get me though ha
That list doesn't include France or Germany either. I've been to all three and I can confirm that they have *lots* of cars there, so I would have to question the thoroughness of their research. :D

I think the highest concentration of cars in the world is the kook across from where I used to live with 50+ shitty subarus in his backyard.

That list doesn't include France or Germany either. I've been to all three and I can confirm that they have *lots* of cars there, so I would have to question the thoroughness of their research. :D

Ya but, my source proves my point so it's obviously right.

So what's the deal with fish n chips. Is it just a London thing? My dad was saying that he was watching a show that said that they eat fish n chips 310 days a year, either in London, or all of England.

Last edited:
I came to this thread for a good food related question as well. By the way, I love fish and chips.

Why is your chocolate so much more delicious than ours?