General Heroin Discussion #18 - v. Stupidity ain't no badge of honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Awww, hell no! How they gonna dis' rehab like that?!"
*takes rubber band off a bundle

Haha. Nice.

i was in this christian cult rehab called "teen challenge" like an hour from my house but they have centers all over the US. but when people would leave after the first week or something then they would get all your shit for you as soon as you wanted to go, or at least the same day. pretty much if there is a staff member there then they will get your things and let you use the phone.

there was one point i told the pastor i hated it here and wanted to go so he dialed my mom up and handed the phone to me so i can ask her to pick me up even tho we only get 1 10 min call once a week. they were assholes but they always said "this isnt jail. if you dont like it then theres the door". even if you walked off the property as soon as they find out your kicked out.

when you get kicked out there if youre ready to come back or want to for some reason then they make you pay the $250 and start your 3 months over. fuck that place. you werent allowed to cmoke cigs, take add meds, or depression meds cuz they were :mind altering". couldnt even watch movies or read books that wasnt christian, no phone, no music, 3 hours of religious classes everyday, church 3X a week. it was horrible. they dont even get tot the root of addiction much less talk about it. they automatically say god will heal you. im gonna give you the site link for the one i went to but there is ones all over america. never go here

http://www.delawareteenchallenge.org/
http://www.delawareteenchallenge.org/program_faq.html

apparently they actually give you a counselor nowadays. they make you do car washes every saturday to so we clean cars if its above freezing outside for 6 hours every saturday. i hated it. there's so many more horrible things about that place.

Ugh that sounds horrible. Hah. Fucking bible thumpers. Creepy.

@BlueHues -- We’ve all read sunshine’s perspective on what went down and my guess is that the facility in question has at least some justification, maybe even reasonable justification, for every policy that you may think is unfair, restrictive, manipulative, or coercive.

Bottom line is sunshinesometimes stayed put for 14 days and judging from how hard she uses (read the post she put up on 1/30/14 in the What Was Your Morning Fix thread) I think we’d both agree that she was safer in that facility than she would’ve been had she been released sooner. She didn’t die from staying there. She might have had she left sooner. We just don't know.

@sunshine -- While I think your expectations on at least some aspects of your 4th trip to rehab might have been unrealistic, you are right on target with respect to your so called "friend" who snitched on you. It sounds like she was more about jammin’ you up than helping you out. On another note, I hope your dad is doing better.

@smokemctoke -- I know Teen Challenge. There's one nearby me. They ain't your average residential facility, that's for sure.

Finally, regarding smoking east coast powder dope, I used dope IV for 5 years and always used alone except for a stretch of time when, after seeing him in the dope line one morning, I started getting high with a guy who lived in my building. He was a former IV user, and Vietnam veteran, who contracted hepatitis or HIV or both from shooting dope. As a harm reduction strategy, he changed his ROA to smoking, or "chasing the dragon" as we called it, off of tin foil. He definitely would get high. In fact, once he fell out on my couch and I had to keep waking him up because his breathing became very shallow.

Just found out I have 3 bulging discs in my neck from the car crash I got in, shitty

I shot up into my breast today.. I was desperate.. I'm so fucked as far as finding a good vein. The one I found yesterday, of course, doesn't work today. God I'm so frustrated.

This fence sitting is for the birds. I gotta go one way or another and I gotta do it soon. I'm either gonna do what I gotta do to grab some bundles and go on a nice run ... or jump off from the <.5 mg daily sub routine, drink up my stash of Argentinian Malbec, and get NA clean.

It's such fucking bullshit my doctor wouldn't even give me a muscle relaxer for te extreme pain I'm in I have no choice but to do fucking dope now. I have 3 bulging discs in my neck and te doctor was just like yeah that's gonna hurt really bad for a long time, up to a year so well just send you to physical therapy. These doctors now a days are fucking assholes and aren't worth a damn fuck them I was better off not even waisting my time and money the past 3 times I had to go to the doctor get ah MRI

In all seriousness I should try to get clean. I just don't know what to do because I still love dope and wanna get fucking high. I love nodding out and feeling relaxed and numb. I spent so much money on the shit though..I've done cruddy shit. I look like shit all the time. Don't give a damn about anything anymore. I just live dollar to dollar wondering when and how I'll get high today and if I'll hit or not. My body is so gross cuz of tracks and bruises. I have no idea where to begin with getting better.. I wish for death on a daily basis.

^^

Because you're still a greenlighter. Once you get to 50 posts you'll become a bluelighter and get more privileges like a bigger inbox and no more message limits.

Oh wow that's bullshit haha! I'm about to just start blowing up threads so I can reply to oldhippytony.

95Land.... EX-Bluelighter???? Shit. Bad timing. I was in the middle of an interesting PM conversation with him regarding the quality of Walmart ice-chippers. :(

95Land.... EX-Bluelighter???? Shit. Bad timing. I was in the middle of an interesting PM conversation with him regarding the quality of Walmart ice-chippers. :(

Oh wow, that is some riveting stuff where you don't want to miss the whole story...but we must move on in life.

What happened to him anyway, not only his he ex-BL but I can't find any of his recent posts I know he had a bunch recently, anyone know the score?

I am just finishing my third day clean and it actually hasn't been that difficult but I'm not putting to much stock in that because I have had stints of 2 and 3 weeks in the last two months. The hard part is learning how to live normal everyday life without heroin. Even showering without heroin is a bitch. I swear I usually don't want to do shit without it. Well anyways...... I have been here before so it is just time to man up and take it. If I was able to kick methadone and Xanax at the same time I sure as hell should be able to handle my small chipper kick. Wish me the best or don't. I don't really give a shit either way.

Oh wow, that is some riveting stuff where you don't want to miss the whole story...but we must move on in life.

What happened to him anyway, not only his he ex-BL but I can't find any of his recent posts I know he had a bunch recently, anyone know the score?

Hah. Got caught sourcing via PM. Too bad because he was actually a good dude and I liked him.

Oh well.

So I've decided that tonight is the last night for me. I'll be stopping after this cap is gone. I have three and a half subs and i hope that combined with some over the counter meds for headache, nausea, and maybe sleep aids, be able to defeat the monster once and for all.. Can i take a sub when i wake up if i finish my pill before bed? When I'm out of suboxone, will the withdrawal come anyway? I'm scared as fuck..will the subs keep the chills and other symptoms away? Please send support cuz I'll definitely be needing it.

Hah. Got caught sourcing via PM. Too bad because he was actually a good dude and I liked him.

Oh well.

Yeah that sucks, he was cool. So does that mean PMs are readable by staff here? or was he ratted out for trying to source?

I know I have been contacted about sourcing by fellow BLers and never had any interest in the matter.

^^^ I read your PM this AM and will be replying there as well as here to help ensure that you see this before you take the suboxone. DO NOT TAKE THE SUBS UNTIL YOU ARE IN MODERATE WITHDRAWAL. Information about "precipitated withdrawal & buprenorphine" (suboxone) and the COWS (clinical opiate withdrawal scale) is all over the internet. READ ABOUT IT. If you go into precipitated w/d it will be one of the worst experiences ever, so I'm told.

I'm off to help some folks move some furniture. Having a beautiful pickup with a trailer (horse, but can be used for other large items) is both a blessing and a curse. I should open a side business "Old Hippy Moving Company." I'll check back later.

Oh well.

Wow. He was an alright guy... He flamed me for some dumb shit that he misunderstood & took the wrong way, but whatever.. I don't hold grudges..

Getting banned via sourcing through PM sounds a little extreme.. Either he was set up, or some moderator intentionally eavesdropped.
PM'ing is a whole different story.. It's private matters discussed in complete privacy between two parties.. if that sort of privacy can be breached, then I want nothing to do with BL.
We have quite a few rules already, and I know that sourcing is one of them, but.. it was in what I thought to be a 'secure' privacy.. Guess you can't do anything in privacy these days..

I just can't see someone asking for a source then going and snitching on the person who tried to help them out.. and for what? Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.