General Heroin #19 v. Posting Between the Nods

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ doesn't that just fuck you up in the long run though by flagging/labeling you in your medical records as an alcoholic in addition to an opiate addict?

The last thing I want to do at this point is fuck myself over for future interactions with doctors etc.

I can understand how in some situations that it would be worth it to lie about a GABAergic dependence in a case where someone truly wanted to change and get help, but their insurance won't cover the treatment plan they have in mind.

I can see how claiming to have a benzo/alcohol dependence in a case like that would make sense, but if your just doing a detox/program to keep the court or family off your back then I don't see it being worth it.

Ha if you're already flagged in your medical records as a heroin addict, I don't see how it really matters much to throw alcohol in there. There's nothing they would really do differently, especially when they check your liver and everything and it's fine because you're not actually an alcoholic.

All I know, is that it works to get you the time you actually need in detox, and so you can afford to go with your insurance footing the bill. Nobody I know, including myself, has ever had a problem anywhere else with that on my record.

Yeah I suppose your right about that one. I've used the benzo (clonazepam) claim before, but I also made it clear that I didn't think I was dependent, but was not totally sure due to the lengthy half life. If anything it got me a nice clonazepam taper which made the experience better because this place did not seem very benzo friendly and was my least favorite of the two facilities I've derided at. They were quick to hand out hydroxyzine though, haha. The other place I've been too had no problem with giving me adequate benzos throughout the course of the days and before sleep if needed.

Last edited:
Yeah like, every time I would go to detox and claim only heroin addiction, my insurance would pay for like 4 days, and even then I'd have to pay some of it myself. I mean come on, 4 days is nothing, you're not even over the acute symptoms yet.. and they wonder why people go back out and relapse right away. But every time I said alcohol or benzos too, I got to stay for as long as I wanted to, insurance paying the whole thing, plus benzos like valium and chlordiazepoxide (librium), on top of the methadone, that made the kick that much easier, and when I'd leave detox, I'd actually been there long enough to actually kick. Hah.

Both places I've been to used buprenorphine. I've always wanted to try methadone (most I've ever had was 10mg) in general, but also specifically for detox purposes just so I could see how it stacked up to the bupe. I imagine that it is significantly more comfortable being a full agonist especially for those of us who have a tough time with the bupe transition period. Benzos make the bupe process easier as you can imagine, but I still think I'd be better off with a proper methadone taper and low dose chlordiazepoxide (I enjoy librium) or oxazepam.

Any info divulged at a rehab does not automatically get stapled to your permanent medical record. There is usually a point at which they will ask you to sign releases for parents or to contact your general practitioner. They will be pushy. Stay strong.

Both places I've been to used buprenorphine. I've always wanted to try methadone (most I've ever had was 10mg) in general, but also specifically for detox purposes just so I could see how it stacked up to the bupe. I imagine that it is significantly more comfortable being a full agonist especially for those of us who have a tough time with the bupe transition period. Benzos make the bupe process easier as you can imagine, but I still think I'd be better off with a proper methadone taper and low dose chlordiazepoxide (I enjoy librium) or oxazepam.

The switch might be easier with methadone, but I would think the jump off to nothing would be easier with bupe. Granted I have NO experience with methadone (one of the few "main stream" opioids I've never tried, but I would think a partial agonist would almost always be easier than a full agonist when getting off them completely.

I've had years of bupe and oxy/heroin experience, but the last switch I made to bupe about 3 months ago was the toughest switch I've made so far. I had a really bad IV heroin habit and it did take me about 5 or 6 days of being on sub before I was ok again. Even with suboxone I was still really sick, throwing up, super nauseated, and just out of it.

I've had years of bupe and oxy/heroin experience, but the last switch I made to bupe about 3 months ago was the toughest switch I've made so far. I had a really bad IV heroin habit and it did take me about 5 or 6 days of being on sub before I was ok again. Even with suboxone I was still really sick, throwing up, super nauseated, and just out of it.

Thanks for the input. Methadone is also one that has alluded me for one reason or the other over the years so I really don't have first hand knowledge about it.

And reading buprenorphine transitions like yours and scags are what makes me dread the switch, but I know I'm just making excuses in my head to keep running. I'm getting a few benzos over the next couple days which should make it more comfortable.

It just sucks cause they're are people out there with relatively small nasal oxy/dope habits and bupe covers them perfectly right off from the start so they really don't understand how it can be uncomfortable for someone with a decent IV dope habit to make the switch. I know my habit isn't anything big compared to some, but this run I'm on is, without a doubt, the longest consecutive one I've had without a break in between and I'm also consistently using more than I ever have per day. I just know I don't really have the means to keep it going much longer.

Thanks for the input. Methadone is also one that has alluded me for one reason or the other over the years so I really don't have first hand knowledge about it.

And reading buprenorphine transitions like yours and scags are what makes me dread the switch, but I know I'm just making excuses in my head to keep running. I'm getting a few benzos over the next couple days which should make it more comfortable.

It just sucks cause they're are people out there with relatively small nasal oxy/dope habits and bupe covers them perfectly right off from the start so they really don't understand how it can be uncomfortable for someone with a decent IV dope habit to make the switch. I know my habit isn't anything big compared to some, but this run I'm on is, without a doubt, the longest consecutive one I've had without a break in between and I'm also consistently using more than I ever have per day. I just know I don't really have the means to keep it going much longer.
The last run I was on was pretty bad. I saw the end coming and tried to switch to bupe but it wasn't working and I knew from past experiances that methadone would work but I knew I needed a couple weeks to stablise on the 'done. They only start you at 30 and raise by 10mg every couple days. Once I was at 50-60 I could go all day at work but by dinner time I would use and feel it too. I only needed to use that one time a day for a while the. It was every other day till I was good on the done.

^ Yeah, I always figured if I ever got on methadone that I would want to stabilize around 45-60mg max. Scags opened my eyes to the fact that most clinics expect they're patients to use on top of their daily dose until they find an appropriate one that holds them.

I wouldn't want to go above 60mg for the obvious reasons; quicker taper, if I decided to use then I could feel dope better than a 100mg dose, if I ever ended up in a situation where I had to kick CT then the damage would obviously be slightly more bearable and the side effects (sweating, sedation, sexual, etc) would be minimized. As long as my dose kept me comfortable and its not going to get me high either way after being stable, then why would I want to keep escalating?

Are you doing ok? How was it?

I'm doing good so far. How was detox? Pff. It sucked. I didn't get along with anyone there except for this older black female. She was an OG.
Funny, cause we'd sit together outside on smoke break (4 smoke breaks throughout the day) & I'm this really grungey looking white guy & she's just a straight up OG.

Had a girl in there try to sex me. Didn't go through with it because I didn't want to get kicked out, but ended up giving her my digits before I left. She got into the 30 day residential treatment.

^Did you at least go home with a pair of the foam smiley face slippers and some prison grade deodorant and toothpaste?

Man, I've seen someone go to detox just to get the three 10 mg methadone pills so they could cheek them and go sell them and buy "real drugs"... It was a crack head, but still...even on a good day, how much crack is 3 methadone pills gonna get you in the hood?!

I've seen plenny skanky sexual shit go down in the detox laundry room, bathroom, etc.....seen dudes fuck straight up street prostitutes with no protection...that shits gnarly!

Damn, man that blows. Yeah it's happened to me where the person legitimately got busted. $300 is not an easy loss to swallow, that sucks man ha.
yeah it is shitty. its fucked me pretty hard, especially since i got about 0.7g right now of some good bud and hopefully this guy will front me a gram of sticky icky till next friday when i get paid, hopefully. hes done it before and i always pay him back as soon as i cash my check at lunch the day i get paid. he even forgot last time and i got him back.
That sucks man, but losing the money via her being busted is worth than other possibilities (being busted yourself, getting robbed, etc). I've lost more money than that to somebody getting busted, and I was pissed, but it definitely helped to remember that he had it WAY WORSE than me...
she didnt get busted the dude took the money dipped im pretty sure.

^^

Yeah for real. I'd take loosing money, even a lot of it, over getting pinched any day of the week
me to Scag, me to.

What time do you all usually do your morning shot around

if i got dope in the morning its as soon as i get out of bed. like if i work i get up at 5 and at 520 im doing my line and sniffing a morning line. i would do it as soon as i get out of bed but i wanna have it kick in while im on the way to work.

That's all mine would cover too. Like think 30 days would have been better for me.
yeah it would. as fucked up as it is everyone thats there for 30 days is state insured. private insurance doesnt give you long but state insurance automatically gives you 21-30 days no matter the situation pretty much.

Yep. This. Exactly.
i knew it lol cuz my first detox [aid for a week, it was in salisbury,MD and the second one paid for 4 days and that was in wilmington,DE

I tried to get in an inpatient place before going to this sub doctor because I was struggling so much. My insurance didn't cover anything at the places around here because "it's not life-threatening".
yeah dude same as my first one. i wasnt physically addicted at this point but my parents made me go. in 2009 i got the combo to my moms safe at 2am and there was a whole purse full of my grandmas old 5mg hydros, my moms 90 7.5 percs freshly filled, another bottle with some 7.5 vicoprofens and percs and some hydros, then there was a bottle of 15 mg roxis not a whole lot but still, then there was a 90 ct bottle of 1mg ativan that had like 70 in there but that was for 3 months and she barely took them at all which is why she had so much stuff in there. but yeah i had 120 mgs of hydro. and oxy (mostly oxy) and then i had 4mg of ativan with no tolly to either. and at 8 am my sister caught me popping a couple pills and asked what they were and i told her it was my morning prozac and concerta and she didnt believe me and woke my mom up so i ate the last 30 mg of valium and a few percs. she came out and searched me to and asked where everthing else was cuz she only kept halfs in her purse cuz she takes half of a 7.5 every 3 hours instead of 1 every 6 so she knew i got into the safe cuz i only had whole ones. ( she found 2 pills i left behind by accident). i had 25 7.5s and 20 ativan in the shed in a snack bag and she made me give it up but i tried to pocket a couple real quick before i gave em up and i dropped them all over the ground lol i was running into walls and incoherent as hell. i did an emergency assement with a detox over the phone and i dont remember a single min of the conversation. but they tried to tell me my problem wasnt severe enough and we finally convinced them it was but god damn i just overdosed, i think its severe.

after that i lied on the couch and my mom would come check on me and say my name and i would hear it but couldnt talk. it toook me about 15 secs till i could respond, my heart was beating extremly slow. she asked me if i wanted an ambulance and the only reason i said no was cuz police could be involved due to me stealing my moms meds, didnt want it on my health insurance, and just fuck that shit lol

That's how insurance works. They don't wanna pay for opiate withdrawal, and if they do, it's like under a week. You have to tell them you are an alcoholic or addicted to benzos as well. Little trick is to take a couple swigs of booze before you go to detox, so when they Breathalyzer you, it comes up, and then claiming you're an alcoholic because how dangerous that detox can be and how it is just way more socially acceptable in general, they'll pay for everything and for long stays. So in the meantime, you'll be getting treated for what you really need which is opiate detox, plus you'll get an added benzo to make you feel even better from the librium, and get to stay way longer.
yeah all the alcoholics got 30 days along with the benzo addicts. but again, if you got state insurance they will still give you 30 days or even like 2 weeks if you got state insurance.

^ doesn't that just fuck you up in the long run though by flagging/labeling you in your medical records as an alcoholic in addition to an opiate addict?
nope. it didnt for me at least. in 2012 i got a script of percs for my back just asking and got another 4 days later cuz i asked him to post date a script cuz my insurance will run out and i wont be able to go to physical therapy anymore and he just said i dont postdate and wrote me another 30 percs lol my back really did have a giant knot in it but i still abused the scripts. even 4 didnt really help that much

i had subutex in both of mine. the one in MD was sub, trazadone, clonodine if you were on alcohol or benzos. both places were like that.

I'm doing good so far. How was detox? Pff. It sucked. I didn't get along with anyone there except for this older black female. She was an OG.
Funny, cause we'd sit together outside on smoke break (4 smoke breaks throughout the day) & I'm this really grungey looking white guy & she's just a straight up OG.

Had a girl in there try to sex me. Didn't go through with it because I didn't want to get kicked out, but ended up giving her my digits before I left. She got into the 30 day residential treatment.
lol these 2 dope heads fucked behind the dumpster the second day we were there. i was just like wow youre gonna get kicked the fuck out if you get caught.

^Did you at least go home with a pair of the foam smiley face slippers and some prison grade deodorant and toothpaste?

Man, I've seen someone go to detox just to get the three 10 mg methadone pills so they could cheek them and go sell them and buy "real drugs"... It was a crack head, but still...even on a good day, how much crack is 3 methadone pills gonna get you in the hood?!

I've seen plenny skanky sexual shit go down in the detox laundry room, bathroom, etc.....seen dudes fuck straight up street prostitutes with no protection...that shits gnarly!
lol i remember the shower shoes, and shitty toothpaste and shaving cream.

i saw the girl that i thought ripped me but i talked to another dude i work associate with (he works near me but not with me. his group does all the houses and the golf course crew does golf course, i dont work with him but still see him.)and apparently she really did get beat, but of course she would tell him to but im starting to think she was just to pissed to call me back but for 5 days? come on. but yeah i flipped out on her the other day and today i said fuck it and apologized just so i can have a mids connect.she said she understood how i felt and its cool and shes gonna try her best to make it up. i just swallowed my pride cuz she delievers and i dont have to go with a mexican whos got 3 dui's and a unregistered car, no license. i cant afford the good, although i did meet someone from jersey i now woprk with and hes gonna go cop some grade A shit. super cheap. i havent paid the prices he told me since like 10th grade lol so im glad its cheap but sometimes ill need more of the shittier weed if im broke or whatever. i also get to try a bundle of new jersey fire to since hes going back home on payday and ill buy a half oz of sticky icky but after that go back to mids for a while since i get shit to pay.

on another note the new kid also throws me ambien like its candy. he has a script for the 5s and doesnt even take em. he also gets like 200 tramadol a month which would be nice for when my back hurts. im going back to physical therapy for my back and to strengthen my legs up very soon. like all i gotta do is call tommorrow and book an appt.

I just copped with my mexican buddy and ive done 3 bags, my last 1mg etizolam, 5mg ambien, and some fat rips of weed. i think ill take 1 more.im ready get high(er) nigga pie!

I'm at the hospital in Baltimore. My niece was just born but I can't even go up there yet, I gotta take turns with my sister cuz we are one pass short Since 4 people are up there. So I'm down in the waiting rink by myself so I went to the bathroom and did a bag lol then I popped outside and hit a one hitter using a cherried cigarette that I lit with a random ladys lighter lol I went to go take 1 rip and 2 Baltimore city cops come flying by and by the time my cig was out I saw 2 more. Definetly back in the ghetto. I thought my old house like 15-20 mins from here was bad, well I'm just glad I don't leave right smack in the city. Fuck being white around this place.

On other notes, I'm actually feeling pretty nice right now

What's up everyone!! Just got out of rehab a few minutes ago. I missed bullshitting with you guys. My sub kick was brutal highly recommend a long taper or switching to short acting opiate. It was the most brutal 2 week kick I could have imagined, I'm still not fully right 30 days after last use in detox. Otherwise I'm alright though the place I went kinda sucked but its whatever I just hope I never have to do that again!

Just got home from Baltimore a little bit ago cuz they wouldn't let us sleep in the lobby at the hospital cuz there assholes. It was basically empty. But we got home a little bit ago, had some coffee earlier and when I got home I did 2 bags of dope and now I'm gonna go work instead of taking the day off and ill work all day tommorrow unless my boss tells me otherwise. Smoked some bud and I feel pretty damn nice right about meow.

My sub kick was brutal highly recommend a long taper or switching to short acting opiate. It was the most brutal 2 week kick I could have imagined, I'm still not fully right 30 days after last use in detox.

What kind of regiment did they have you on?

just wait till they box you in someday with guns at your head so fast before you can even think WTF!! If you made one car there were more there you didn't even notice. I'd take the one you made as a warning cause when the car in front of you slams on his brakes his buddies will be at your door before you even stop your car.I learned the hard way that the guy in front of you deserves as much attention as the one that's following you.
i was prepping a shot on the sidewalk in downtown la and I turn around and there was 3 undercovers running at me with guns

Hello felony

No toothpaste/deodorant, we had to bring our own.
But we got some flimsy $1 flip-flops (Only used them in the shower) and some scrubs attire, which I left behind.
Their commissary was complete ass. The only good thing on the list was candy lifesavers.. lol

Well I made it 8 hours out of rehab this time before I bought some dope. I had to do some just for my own sanity. I find that treatment makes me want to use just out of pure spite. Like look now I'm high and I'm not dead. And It's crazy how much lower my tolerance is after 30 days clean and with no subs to block the high. I got so fucking sick! Puked for 4 hours strait. It was wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.