• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Gender Differences in Drug Use

I tried alot of drugs when i was younger because I liked them. But if you could bottle something up to make it all go away, id take it in a second and pay top dollar for it:)

Thirdeyeopen said:
Don't forget that women never buy weed, they just expect you to smoke them.
Just kidding!
I buy my own pot, thankyouverymuch:D

However, on the weed front, my observations pretty much mesh with everybody else's; the only hardcore pot smokers I know are male...most of my female friends are either occasional smokers or abstain completely.
My regular stoner circle consists of all girls:D Their boyfriends all quit.....heh.

Myself, I prefer downers to uppers, and I can think of only one exception to my female friends who would prefer uppers. All the cokeheads I know are male.

Last edited:
Thirdeyeopen said:
Don't forget that women never buy weed, they just expect you to smoke them.
Just kidding!
I was beginning to think that too because there was this chick that would ask me if i had weed and I dont like weed

ima girl hehe

my fav drugs are defintely shrooms and blow. i love the happy euphoric feeling and visuals of shrooms. i love the clearhead-ness of blow and being all happy. im not big into pot, ill do it if offered, but i dont buy it. id rather be hyper and having fun then feel calm and relaxed (how i feel on pot). i'll do pot on the weekdays and save the weekend for e, shrooms, or blow.

the two drugs i want to do but havent done yet are crystal meth and speed. the fact that they make you awake and what not, really draw me to them. i would just way rather be up having fun then sitting around waiting for my next toke.

i've also noticed that men seem to be more drawn to heavy cannabis use and seem seem more inclined to do lots of speed and coke.

males are taught from early on to develop the rational, analytical sides of their brains. i know that i was always taught intelligence was my most important asset. this usually develops into never ending interal dialouges that tend to go in circles. smoking pot can shut off this maddening inner dialouge and calm the overactive analytical mind. it also dulls anger and violent impulses, which is something a lot of males benefit from greatly.

women, on the other hand, are usually taught that their most valuable assets are beauty and charm. it's hard to be charming when you're really stoned and can't think of anything to say. of course on meth or coke, you don't feel the need to eat, causing very quick weight loss, and experience inflated confidence and wit. all the things that a lot of women wish they could be or feel, they do while on meth.

sorry if i repeated stuff people said above, i didn't read through this whole thread before posting

oh well 8)

(if you go by percentage, my guess would probably be 'no')

beanpoophead said:
hasnt this been done several times before....

it has, most notably in a thread called "Gender Differences in Drug Use." this thread will be added to that discussion.

--> merged

I'm a woman, tend to prefer stimulants for various reasons, rarely go for downers, though weed is a favourite of mine :D

Speed is the stimulant I use most, more than most people I know, and my gf is the same, she loves it. The blokes tend to use them less though, I'm thinking this is cos of the 'bollock shrinking' side effect that my best mate pointed out XD

Yes anyway. Slightly drunk. Off I wander.

OMG I never thought of that but it's true! Infact, at the parties I go to, Cocaine is considered a 'girl' drug (because while the guys do pot the girls usually do lines) and Though I'm a regular pot smoker, I still don't smoke even close to what my guy friends smoke everyday and I find, for reasons beyond me, I can't stand Heroin or any opiate for that matter (My girlfriends also hate opiates). So yeah I can deffinateley see this trend.

We don't discriminate around our area... where I live it's great... the chicks (and the guys) will come around smoke bongs... have a few hits of meth or chomp some eccies... then if some heroin comes out, they're all onto that (chicks too)... coke, everyone likes (not just the chicks)... ketamine... anything.

We're druggies through and through... what's with this I don't like stimulants or I don't like depressants bullshit. Who would turn down a nice juicy 1/4 gram shot of meth? Likewise, who would turn down a nice warm whack of H?

I have found this argument to be consistent among many lines of friends. In the majority of my friends who use, it is split up this way, females seem to prefer the use of amphetamines and males of downers. However, I can't stand amphetamines anymore. I used to enjoy them somewhat but never to the extent I enjoy opiates. I probably will touch amphetamines again...someday...but I never get the same feeling that I do from opiates. True, you are much less social on opiates but I find the euphoria much more rewarding than the results of being much more social and active on uppers.

ibizakat said:
Along the same lines, I've heard that women are more susceptible to stimulant addiction. Is there any truth to this?
I wonder how much of it has to do with the effects of estrogen/progesterone/etc on neurotransmitters. I know they effect serotonin, which is part of what causes moodiness (and why they're prescribing prozac for PMDD)... do they have any effects on other transmitters?
As for personal experience... all my drug buddies are guys, so i can only compare myself to them. And one of them is definitely more of a speed freak than I am, and on the whole they have less interest in psychadelics and opiates/opiods than i do. Maybe we're just freaks.

I read that women have less serotonin than men, and stimulant increase seroton, so that is why more women like stimulant more than men.,

As far back as my love affair with getting high goes, I am usually the only female or one of the few who run with the boys. My dearest friends are male and we can have animated/deep/comical/stupid/"intellectual"/open discussions or not talk at all if desired. We are like that sober too.

I am a stimulant and/or psychedelic gal and long-term pot smoker. Dislike alcohol or downers. I think the drugs chose me ;)