• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Gemstones/Crystals Magical properties

ocean

Bluelight Crew
I'm hoping this thread will not invite a bunch of nay sayers ;)
If you don't believe in stones having energy, I can respect that- but I am really interested in hearing about people's experiences with crystal/stone healing and energy clearing.

I own a number of crystals and wear different stones for different reasons-
Recently I have been told by 4 people that my heart and throat chakras are blocked or dim-
I've been reading a lot on stones for those reasons, which led me to this thread.

Have you used stones for energy clearing?
What stones do you find have the strongest effects on you?

My aquamarine pendant truly does help my communications- while it is supposed to bring peace and allows ease of intuition,if I wear it around my neck I find that I get anxious. Which is odd. It is supposed to be worn around the neck to help clear the throat chakra and some sites say it calms anxiety. I think it opens my intuition TOO much, which in turn makes me anxious. I usually carry it in my pocket, which works better for me.

So, this is an example of one stone.......does anyone have any experiences with this?

I have a black obsidian bracelet that I wear every day if I remember. Since getting it, there has been a shift in addictive behaviour which it is supposed to help with. A slow shift that has been resisted every step of the way, but it has been happening.

I also have quartz that I use after a yoga session when I'm relaxing.

I don't know why or how, but since getting these both I've noticed shifts in the areas that they are both linked to. I plan on getting some more stones in the near future and exploring this more.

To be honest I don't think a stone in itself is gonna heal anything. To me I feel that finding a stone that you feel some sort of connection to is like setting your own intention to work on the issues that it is supposed to help with. It just takes the form of a stone :)

^I do think that setting your intention is improtant- Putting that energy into a stone, and then feeling you gain that from the stone , is yes very likely....though I do believe that all things of the earth have energy and that it can be a stone on it's own.
I first started believing in all of this when I got a stone and used it sort of as a worry stone where I would rub it. Very soon after getting the stone, I had been holding it a lot and trying to empty my mind of all thoughts and I kept feeling a strong connection with the earth and feeling very connected- One of the magical properties of that stone was to do just that- form a closer connection with the spiritual self and the earth. I was impressed b/c I wasn't placing any thoughts INTO the stone, it just so happened I received it FROM the stone :)

My mother constantly stresses the importance of the white glowing protection that surrounds one who is in tune with their white quartz.
Naturally, I have quartz alllll over the place.
To me, it's a sign of divine purity n helps me clean myself.

I have a large slab of purple quartz, a petrified slab of white quartz, and a three-point headed white quartz rock about the size of two thumbs that I keep on a necklace.

Crystals are, on a basic level, just very aesthetically pleasing to me. Minerals make me feel good because they are constant reminders of the earth and the magic of chemistry.
The good vibes of crystalline quartz are believed to be amplified when it is exposed to sunlight, which for me is just a placebo excuse for me to get outside and just enjoy fresh air.

Does any of your interest in minerals stem from paganism/eclectic wicca?

crystals and stones are used by many faiths, not just Pagan sects, the Hindu are really on it with this stuff...

check out the Cross Stone ocean, and you Legarity might like Tourmaline if you are into Saturn, there is also something about square obsidian and roses too.

i had an interesting experience with an especially attuned amateur Reike master ;) i think she was trying to drain the negative energy out of my feets, when i thought she poured wax on them and started burning me - i saw a bright yellow-white rimmed light with black-brown bands through out it(jupiter-ketu maybe) coming from the same area - for a moment.

i actually jumped up straight from laying down to ask - WTF was going on?!?
very cool - i can quickly rationalize around crystals and stones, but that how ever instigated, was pretty awesome and does start to hinder the flow of doubts.

I wonder exactly how much indigenous crystal worship has lead to the utilization of diamonds, ruby, and other gemstones for the signification of socioeconomic status.

Anyway, I'm sure none of it has to do with this:
NSFW:
EdOZY.jpg

AHHH

LMAO

If I recall quite correctly Jamshyd made a thread like this not too long ago.

Failing that I know he's knowledgeable and has a king-hell collection of his own.

I used to love collecting crystals, minerals, corals, etc. I still do I guess, haven't really got anything new for years but I did go to some gem/crystal show a few months back. I literally probably have thousands of crystals in lots of variations. I keep some in pots of plants, others are just well taking up space. I usually sleep with 1-3 crystals under my pillows, right now I have optical calcite, labradorite, and a clear quartz crystal with a green chlorite inclusion.

Something cool I always wanted to do was make a crystal tea/elixer, which is basically would be soaking certain crystals [that i suppose you could program with a though or purpose] and than use that to water plants and see what happened. Haven't tried that yet though.

One of my favorites in the quartz family is enhydro tips. Where they have water/oil/gas bubbles that move inside them, so cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F8_8PkoeqE

Last edited:
^
oh wow - i have two fossilized crustaceans, one i found in S Central Texas in a river(san gabriel), the other was a gift. they are both in my NW corner...i should post a pic of the one i found, in TDS perhaps shortly...
;-)

I have 4metal briefcases stuffed with minerals, stones & crystals than I can fuckin name.
I love my momma...

i apologize in advance for my lack of organization of organization

I was given a stone, or fossilized amber- Jet, by a girl about three years ago. Apparently it's good for protection. I think it's Jet, anyway. That's what it has been identified as by many people.

Her and I didn't really last that long as friends. I liked her, but was kind of scared of engaging, as she was a stripper and I was in a different place in my life, as I always am. I met her with the intention of having sex, but it turned into more cerebral interest. There's a really long story around this, but considering it was three years ago and I still think about her, or about my desire, or maybe she's just something to hold onto... I don't really care to get into the story here.

I have used it a couple of times, though.. the stone. I think I washed it once, to honor what she told me about it. Despite our ending when she went back to work as a stripper, as it happened, I understood at least in part why she would act the way she did. Why I wasn't what she needed, if anything else. It wasn't me, it was my decisions. I left first... and again. She needed someone to stay. Yada. I put it on my chest once, and on my forehead, both times bringing a very soothing sensation- actually. I still don't know, though. I'm skeptical. I ironically find, sometimes, the thought of her the same as the stone... soothing. I just fight it. It must be in some way unhealthy to dwell like this. I've been around it so many times. I understand. I don't need- I just wish to change the tone of it all. I dwell.

For months, I was building up to taking the stone to a place in town that specializes in "New Age" things like crystals, divination, energy work... you know. Finally, I did. I wanted to take it there to ask more about it, and perhaps about who had given it to me. Get some answers to some of the things I uncovered- where voices I heard pointed directions that I didn't take as literal, or that I was skeptical of, only to find supporting evidence of that direction actually leading somewhere, hypothetically, or at least unfolding to where these voices were speaking.. logically, or uh... it's hard to explain. a long story... But as right as the direction was, I believe that was meant to die... with her. I sort of died. again.

Back to the store, the only thing I managed to ask was "what is it?"- and I got my answer. Immediately after, I left the store and as I left the parking lot onto the main road, I got immediately got behind a vehicle with a license plate number, which jumped at me, starting with the numerical match for her name, 159. I'm rather into numbers, sometimes. This number is her full name calculated numerically according to letter placement, and I had/have quite an obsession, sometimes, with this... doing this with names. I studied it enough that I would see number combinations as or pertaining to names, at least sometimes. It comes and goes. I might look for it, but in this instance.. it's one of those spikes. This number reminds me of her, especially in that timing.

And then there was an Earthquake in Haiti within a couple of hours. All that buildup... all the time I was nervous about falling to actually act in interest of her- who had abandoned me. I was afraid to reinforce her memory.

"LEG" were letters coupled with the numbers 159 (CLIX in Roman Numerals, as an aside...) on the plate. What that goes with... what it could.. we first met online before in person... I was looking for sex/companionship. I used a post she made to have an in... it was about divination. Her picture showed her smiling face, and her showing leg.

Right...

The amount of times "she" and other girls that have captured my attention interact with ...time, and space around me , like this.. is staggering. I dare say constant. It's all interactive.

I know I sound like an obsessed crazy person.

She has red hair. In my life, the red-heads I've been involved or have had attention to have been along with some interesting energies. The color red I once associated with a girl I was involved with. Green eyes. Brown hair. Painful time... She drove a red jeep. I had my car painted green because I couldn't stand seeing the color red, because it reminded me of her. I understood it was obsessive, I'm sure. My next girlfriend had red hair. This isn't in order. I became infatuated with an actress, in a different way, borderline psychotic one might say, but on her last birthday, I blew the most blood out of my nose at once that I can remember. She has red hair. That day or the next day the family's- my mom and dad's golden retriever died. I had a roommate who had red hair who I had a falling out with, and ended up moving out. The first friend I got into it bad with, and the one girlfriend with red hair was the first one that ended "bad". .. and this girl, "159", has red hair... who I also ended not on a good note with (in senses, by interpretations).

The first earthquake I experienced happened while I was playing Quake. I hadn't played Quake in about 10 years at that point. I did so because my X-BOX red-ringed. I had just fallen into a pit of lava.. er magma (red-orange) next to a girl, I forget her tag now... I delete all of my journals it seems. Might come to me.. I was next to this girl-gamer who had also died in the lava, who had a [;-)] over her head denoting she was in chat, and I said in jest, "you must have red hair"... or no, I thought it. Within a few minutes, she said she had red hair as a response to another male's cyber advances, and then there was an earthquake... the first I ever experienced, in Indiana... and with rather significant movement.

I apologize I went on that tangent, but I don't believe that stones have any more power than dirt or a good song,(?) or thoughts... or rivers, but they can be inspiring. .. and maybe they do house power (as everything does). I can change my mind. I don't know. It's just not something I can obsess on. I don't put that kind of value in material, because what if it's lost?

I had a dream years ago, as well, being in a stone/marble-like room, but it was orange-gold.. it just had that marble and or crystalline sheen. Glass/crystal. Colors were orange/gold/red and white, mainly- in large tiles (1.5-3xsame ft per, or so. perhaps inconsistent) it seemed. Many different tiles but all went together perfectly, and in the center of the room was a green cube on a stand which I was instructed to go to. I felt like a child, and I trusted who told me to do this, as if I was letting myself be guided- without thought... I've tried to identify the mineral that was the green cube, which was standing at about neck to eye level to me. .. but I can't rest on any one identity. I've thought it was a form of green obsidian, as obsidian somehow works to bring about the truth(?), which fits into the "conclusion", but it might be something else. It looked rather dull/dark at first, and as I studied it, I found an imperfection... a chip in the cube. From here, everything would change. It resembled a "drug" effect- as in psychedelic. The cube went from inanimate/stone.. to seemingly flowing just under the surface, like an electric fluid, and with a very bright green color radiating, which I could feel. In the cube, I saw what looked like storms, the flowing, fluid lightning. It felt.. interesting. It would phase a few times, from radiant/animated-on to dull/inanimate-off. I heard "This may hurt a little" and I was then ... well.. pulled inside, got an "upgrade", and then saw the "ship" I was in in a schematic-like view... like it was a computer. It looked like a top-down view of a motherboard. I was at the central processor, and the others that were in the area with me were also processors, of sorts. There was a green hue over everything, like a green transparency I was viewing it through. I saw it as a perfect computer.. so simple, and clean. It felt like the far far far future, and super-ancient past. Then I began my journey "home", or awake. "This may hurt..." may have come just prior to this. I felt like I was sucked into... what I could only describe as a portal of some kind.. a gravitational singularity of sorts, or something.. a wormhole. It was extremely painful, as I felt my body pulled and pulled apart, and smashed in ways - yea. (Is this birth?) On the way, I began screaming, and/or trying to. I couldn't breath. "Stars" were passing by like the .. uhh.. the common space fantasy warp or light speed scenes, but a little different. A lensing effect... The "stars" (if that's what they were), became symbols... Just before waking up, order came to everything, and settled in the center of my warp-travel field of view. Where it was dark, one symbol came to be, which seemed (seems, in memory) to resonate with "truth" and "love" in ways/a way that I have trouble, as so many of us do, seeing or saying. It was simple. It was functional. It was like a science, and I've probably murdered it. I wanted to communicate it- the meaning. I had the answer. Now to hold onto it, to tell "the one" I loved. I woke up screaming. I've never done that before. It felt extremely real, and as if the girl I was looking for prior to entering this dream, (in another dream I omitted, which happened just before I entered this one. I was looking for her. The one in the ship/computer/thing/uh..huh was different though, I think, but was looking for the one in a dream prior.) was very real. The feeling of knowing someone existed somewhere and that I had a connection with her, felt very real. She felt extremely far away, though.. but not that far. The direction I felt would have been toward where I live now, where I met this one. In the first dream, I left her, as I did in life- both times to get some perspective. She was a voice hearer as well, and has spirit contact, and when I was with her, she frequently claimed to see bad spirits, or become attacked. The divination she practiced with me supported all of these thoughts that were coming to me, regarding her.

In the dream there was one other person my age- a girl with red hair. I was a child, seemingly, in the dream, and she was the only one my age. She stood behind me, seemingly half asleep. To my right if facing the cube was a female who was dark, mostly dark... looking down, as if in prayer, or in some kind of submitting posture, to me, or to the "male" who never fully materialized, who appeared as wet paint of black gray and white coloring, from what I remember... changing/flowing. Parts disappearing for parts appearing. He was the one in charge- the voice that said that it will hurt (like a doctor will tell you). The older figures seemed parental. The girl seemed mad at me, or no- afraid (or asleep standing). I couldn't understand. We had just been playing, I think. In front of me, past the cube there was a window/doorway/cut in the room/flying saucer-square or other geometric form, shaped like a long (or narrow) doorway. Outside was "space", without any barrier as a window, and two objects could be seen. One blue, and one white. The white moved faster than the blue. They were huge, planet or star sized. I saw this earlier... it could have been the earth and moon, but I've also contemplated the possibility that they were somewhere else, as I felt completely at the mercy of whatever/whoever brought me there- so far away from home.

Last edited:
oh wow ...

i read near all of that, and should recommend maybe starting a blog on BL -
;-)

how can i respond?!?
i like to try interpreting dreams, this though, you recall all this from your dream?!?
how long ago did you have this dream?

green i associate more with 'growth, new, nature surely, win/luck things coming to you, introductions/meeting-greeting/initiation/promotion, prosperity etc.
many matters of the heart as well...

orange, gold, and red i see as more creative passion, higher mind/forethought, directness, barrier breaker, achievement, attainment etc.

you walking on the orange, gold, and red, you are maybe standing on it as a foundation, comfort and quickness approaching fast, seeing these colors blurred some in your lower peripheral eye-shot - AKA your sub conscience, sub thought, back-of-the-mind - understanding these colors to be stimulating or related to what i described, this again would be that train-of-thought as a type of building-block* or reference to your cognitive make up.

i imagine you are a pretty studious, stubborn, intelligent, person who rationalizes everything to pieces almost....;-)in more ways then your posting here! no offense please...?

you are holding your chance to use your analytical scientific right minded self, to explore and crack open this mystery of new, for you, in sharp clean direct lines, very mono like, solid steady and ready but staying firm. your chance to delve into creativity and passion is still balanced on these familiar building blocks though, this square object is plain to see, one side at a time!

comparing y to x, and a to c, or c to x, or y to a?!? you cant be sure about your results with this, because your there is no chance of comparing directly in real time, its only possible through memory and recollection...

trust...

aummm the white star the north, the higher mind personified, your clarity, directness, truth, intentness, this is whats over taking the blue-star: deep dreamy thought, passion and creativity again in many ways, intuition maybe synchronicity, a flowing grasp on the psyche intellect and their capabilities in yourself - these, if you accept them as relative, are attempting to also gain a lead, or demanding more attention and control from you, the desire to have the same care free comfortable mysterious fantasy side of you, as the girl does, her spirituality or the sense of you felt from her in ways seems something you want, admittedly and maybe more so in the back of your mind...under your breath.

lol

fun

I'm loving that this thread is getting so many responses.
I like to read other people's experiences. I'm going to respond more tomorrow when I have more time.
I plan to buy a new stone tomorrow.....will let you know.
And yes, to quickly throw out there- Jammy is very knowledgeable about stones.
He saw a recent photo of mine and was able to call out the stone in my ring right off :)
He's impressive!

I'm a geology graduate so I'm into the scientific part of stones but I'm curious why you believe they have magical properties. Always the skeptic I need to know mechanism of action and stuff like this, why would you say they work or do you just believe they work since you seem to feel better with crystals around?