• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Gel tab testing....(not substance ID, of course)

PerpetualAnhedonic

Bluelighter
Greetings, my friends...

SO.....I recently may have come into possession of some quantity of gel tab "L".... which seems to be making a big comeback/resurgence in my locale, and happens to be a form/carrier of L which I have never encountered (albeit with much L experience throughout my life- though have only just returned to the particular scene after a quite prolonged hiatus/absence)....I am obviously quite interested in testing these for the sake of HR and staying on the safe side (I happen to be a big proponent, personal utilizer and dedicated practicer of HR- though, with admittedly, a few slips)

HOWEVER, as I understand, windowpane/geltab contains a MIXTURE of gelatin and of course, our favorite ingredient....as opposed to, say, blotter- which is, as we all know, typically either dipped or dripped....lol. Or liquid....or pure crys...
So, I wonder if perhaps, this mixture would result in a test-prohibitive product...with say either an Ehrlich, blacklight, or both..?

Maybe someone here could assist me with some definitive information, personal attempt anecdotes, or even tips on this?

I read through a couple old threads here and not too much to be found....though Solipsis DID indeed seem to have some good ideas in a thread from, I believe 2014 or thereabouts (ie: dissolving geltab into liquid and utilizing the resulting liquid for test purposes- something along those lines, though I no longer have the post/thread open to quote totally precisely.

It's so sad and unfortunate these times we find ourselves in....now having to test fucking "acid" to avoid imminent death from unknown dangerous, toxic substances distributed by evil greedy ass people with no regard for any other human lives...to unwitting test subjects...definitely miss the safe days...

But I digress,
Does ANYONE possibly have some wisdom they could share with me (and our community at large) on this very important matter?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, and I thank you all in advance....happy, safe tripping everybody ?

- Perpetual Anhedonic

Im not sure you will be able to test the "jellie" reliably at home. Extasydata.org shows few of them and both are inconclusive in all reagents: there is this one. And this one shows some traces of Ketamine.

Quantitative testing is probably more painstaking as they would have to feed some gelatinous stuff into a GC/MS, but qualitative testing like with Ehrlich's should not be inhibited I think. Most of all I can't see how you could get a false positive, maybe a false negative but even then I don't see how apart from too much dilution if you dissolve it. Possibly glycerin is your best bet to dissolve because somethinig like acetic acid or heating it wouldn't be good for the LSD or the reagent reaction though if all else fails dissolving in some warm water or a warm aqeous mixture should be okay as all you need to do is keep it intact as an indole.

The reaction may require at least some water to be present (and the less is present the longer it may take to get the color, but I am not sure), so do not make it completely pure glycerin but just a quite high concentration.

Last edited:
Im not sure you will be able to test the "jellie" reliably at home. Extasydata.org shows few of them and both are inconclusive in all reagents: there is this one. And this one shows some traces of Ketamine.

Thank you for your work and response Volsam.

However, I actually already tried EX-D and saw the products linked in your post, and none of them (on your links, nor any other products listed, matched (and certainly no k)....
They are plain white pyramid gels...supposedly imported from Cali- as it happens to be fairly nearby and that's where most of ours originates...checked around for other sources of info as well....to no avail.

Seems only way is testing personally (or perhaps professionally, if I can rack up the resources)...
Seems Sol may have some ideas here, but holy fuck is it complicated process...

-PA

Quantitative testing is probably more painstaking as they would have to feed some gelatinous stuff into a GC/MS, but qualitative testing like with Ehrlich's should not be inhibited I think. Most of all I can't see how you could get a false positive, maybe a false negative but even then I don't see how apart from too much dilution if you dissolve it. Possibly glycerin is your best bet to dissolve because somethinig like acetic acid or heating it wouldn't be good for the LSD or the reagent reaction though if all else fails dissolving in some warm water or a warm aqeous mixture should be okay as all you need to do is keep it intact as an indole.

The reaction may require at least some water to be present (and the less is present the longer it may take to get the color, but I am not sure), so do not make it completely pure glycerin but just a quite high concentration.

Exactly my thoughts....on the quantitative, professional, as well as DIY....painstakingly difficult...

Most certainly, heat and acetic acid would be terrible idea.
Didn't think of glycerin, but did wonder if water may be possibility...

Hmm so what kind of ratio glycerin to water would you propose in theory?
And how much of the substance/carrier would you think would be sufficient to perform such a study?
Obviously, I understand that would be a difficult answer considering the wide difference in amount of substance applied to such a wild variety of products and their contents....but perhaps some sort of estimate? I'm honestly unsure of a cutoff range in the reagent... And I'd obviously prefer apply the least I possibly can of the substance in such a project...less waste, of course....BUT....safety first.

Hopefully this can all be solved.

you would have to pry my columns out if cold dead hands before you ran gel tab extract though my instruments!

you would have to pry my columns out if cold dead hands before you ran gel tab extract though my instruments!

lol yeah I should have said *they would have to otherwise....* [do something like that...]

Are you sayiing though there's not even a good way to separate, short of column chromatography?

Or basically: flash column

Another question: would it be normal to correct for the minimal losses of column chromatography or is it too complicated to even define minimal loss.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to get some quantitative testing done, it's not as important to me as qualitative...sure I'd love a more definitive test, and to know how much is in my tabs, but really the most important thing is knowing what is/isn't in them.

At home testing with ehrlichs (plus perhaps some other reagents- so as to rule out other substances, possibly even in addition to L- as it seems shady people are getting a little wiser to people's reagent testing) would suffice at this point in time.

Though I am interested in discussing it still...I've no doubt I'll be sending things in at points throughout life....hell, I may even wind up deciding trying sending some of this.

As for the difficulty in labs, it does seem as though they are able to test it, from my research on sites such as EX-D, but it does seem like some of the very few gel tab products they have listed have been put on hold or something, so perhaps due to difficulty?

-PA