• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol GBL + Alcohol effects (immediate and few days after)

jelez38

Greenlighter
I got drunk a few nights ago, everything was fine and all of a sudden I flipped a switch and started feeling impending doom, rage, all lasted for some time. I am usually a very polite/non-aggressive drunk. I even blabbered to a good friend in text about some of this during. I had gone home as soon as I started feeling weird, even had the wherewithal to get in bed and I remember most everything except a few details the next day, and was only confused as to why I had that reaction to only alcohol. Every single one of those things was very uncharacteristic of me as a drunk. I usually laugh and laugh, oh no I'm drunk have to go home...wait someone is texting me, eff that I'm too hammered to make any sense so i'll respond tomorrow...ok I'm home let's make Ramen and fall asleep on the couch watching ESPN. etc etc that's me as a drunk.

The next day I had a terrible hangover and even a few days later I feel I've lost 2-3lbs, I feel like I'm on the brink of a flu but not really sick. My eyes are heavy and painful, a slight cough, a little nauseous and even at night I get chills but no fever. It's getting better and could just be a coincidence, but I wanted to ask if anyone thought my experience could be the combination of booze and another drug I was slipped.

I'm not one to make excuses so at this point I fully believe I just got too drunk and now a bad coincidence I'm coming down with something unrelated a few days later. It's hard to believe a big guy like me would be slipped anything, but I was at a busy bar so i guess it's possible I picked up someone else's drink or something. The reaction to booze by itself was too bizarre for me not to ask the question. Thanks for listening.

none of us have access to amy sort of samples and/or testing equipment so anything we say is pure speculation and that's not good harm reduction.
sorry we can't help anymore but for all we know you could have ebola or you just cant handle your beer.
best
keeps

you took GBL whilst drunk? i'm a bit confused by the title.

if so, you know that's a really dangerous combination, right?

besides that i'm not sure what you're asking, and we don't know about the other factors in your life to tell you anything particularly helpful. alcohol used to make me feel absolutely terrible in the days after drinking, so i quit doing it.
poor diet and physiological factors can contribute a lot to your resilience (or lack thereof) to alcohol and hangovers, which may be a bit obvious?