• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Gaseous, odorless substance that greatly increases the pulse?

Mbatten

Greenlighter
I would like to identify a substance. It does not necessarily have to be a drug, intoxicant or poison. But it is certainly harmful to health.

The known properties are:
  • Odorless (At least if you are far enough away from the source, I don't know that for sure).
  • Gaseous (But I don't know if it is directly a gas, or if it has to evaporate liquid, or is ignited).
  • It has an effect even with passive inhalation
  • The effect is mainly an increased pulse, it only takes a few seconds for it to go from 70 to 100, maybe more (The resting pulse is 60-80 on average)
  • If you were asleep and inhaled it, you were immediately wide awake within a few seconds, as if you had never slept. So the exact opposite of being someone who can't get up at all because they are very tired. It's really like you've been wide awake for hours from the feeling.
  • If you breathe in for a long time, it causes your heart to pound.

Check your carbon monoxide detector maybe
Is it common for people to get just one of these side effects when they inhale smaller amounts of it? Carbon monoxide has several other side effects. I need to buy a detector.

Otherwise, I can also think of nitric oxide, from the description.
And poppers, but that actually a noticeable odor, I read on the Internet. Possibly there is also something odorless in the kind?

Do you guys know of any other substances that might apply to this?

None of my business but I'm curious to why you're asking such a specific question? Care to share?

Could maybe one of those nasty synthetic cannabinoids have an effect like that if vaporised?

I mean if your not specifically inhaling a mystery gas on purpose it could be.

Im no expert but it is a odorless gas with effects at low concentration while passively inhaled and I assume it could cause panic and racing heart because i think it messes with your breathing

None of my business but I'm curious to why you're asking such a specific question? Care to share?

Could maybe one of those nasty synthetic cannabinoids have an effect like that if vaporised?
The apartment I live in is permeable to odors. It can occur in any room. It has nothing to do with the windows, doors and fan, but it is a building defect. The resident above me has been smoking regularly in his bathroom when he hears me taking a shower. Normally he smokes only outside on the balcony. I always smelled worse than before the shower.

When I lay down in the evening, at the same time came very disgusting chemical stench, which I can not describe more precisely. I have felt no side effects, but it has absolutely disgusting smell. This was repeated for several nights.

And for several weeks now, I have regularly had a very elevated pulse in the apartment. It's like my heart is about to explode. But I don't smell anything at these times. There is no perceptible trigger. I'm also not stressed or anything when this happens. And the resident in question always abruptly leaves his apartment shortly after it starts with me, because he doesn't want to breathe it in himself. The resident has the intention to get rid of me from the house again. I will not go into more detail. What substance can increase the pulse like that? It doesn't have to be a gas, it could also be a liquid that evaporates and is then distributed in the room air and absorbed via inhalation or the skin.

Why do you think the gaseous smell and tachycardia are related if they occur at different times?

Afaik there is no toxic gas found in dwellings that only raises heart rate. You'd probably have significant other symptoms as well at that point.

You could be having an allergic reaction to something? In any case probably need to go to the doctor for this one.

Why do you think the gaseous smell and tachycardia are related if they occur at different times?

You could be having an allergic reaction to something? In any case probably need to go to the doctor for this one.
If the apartment was not odor permeable, then it would be impossible that it could actually be a gas, which I breathe in, causing the high pulse.

On the contrary, the resident, as written, intentionally smoked cigarettes in the bathroom then when I took a shower. Not once did he smoke there when I was not showering. He also broke my mailbox or clogged the lock.

It is probably not an allergic reaction, because the occurrence does not match. Then it would probably be permanent in the apartment. I don't see any plausible change in the apartment when this occurs with me.

Afaik there is no toxic gas found in dwellings that only raises heart rate. You'd probably have significant other symptoms as well at that point.
I don't think it's regular in apartments either. That would have to organize if someone himself. But if dense something know and you think it likely that even if there would be such a gas that I would then also have to feel other symptoms, is at least already good to know.

Alternatively, which forum could I turn to with this problem? After all, this is a drugs forum and not one for chemicals in general.

Could they be setting off some kind of pesticide in there and then leaving? Maybe they're cooking meth or a quick shot of Krokodile shooting up n leaving. Fuck knows. Sounds like a shit situation, mate.

I would suggest, as snafu did, go see a doc n get checked out. If everything seems ok maybe approach your neighbour or building maintenance and try n move things forward that way. Best of luck.

Could they be setting off some kind of pesticide in there and then leaving? Maybe they're cooking meth or a quick shot of Krokodile shooting up n leaving. Fuck knows. Sounds like a shit situation, mate.

I would suggest, as snafu did, go see a doc n get checked out. If everything seems ok maybe approach your neighbour or building maintenance and try n move things forward that way. Best of luck.
Thank you, I will not stay there, but I also can not move there overnight. Of course, I have already rung there and several times pointed out to the landlord that there is a construction defect. In short, however, they will do nothing.

I can not assess whether the drugs you mentioned can really be absorbed through the breath and cause such an effect.

Thank you, I will not stay there, but I also can not move there overnight. Of course, I have already rung there and several times pointed out to the landlord that there is a construction defect. In short, however, they will do nothing.

I can not assess whether the drugs you mentioned can really be absorbed through the breath and cause such an effect.
No even the drugs, mate. Just all the other horrible shit you use to cook em. You're body doesn't like them.

Best of luck.