Gang Problems ?

There's been a lot of gang related murders here during the last two years thanks to the shit going down in Mexico, but mostly they stick to killing each other and it's pretty rare for a civilian to catch a bullet...unless they're related to the gang member or caught in the crossfire.

A favourite tactic here is guys walking into restaurants in broad daylight and blowing away their rivals as they're having lunch. That and the standard shooting people as they sit in their cars/SUVs.

I was on the train on the south side a little bit ago and this drunk ass dude is holding his cell in front of his face SCREAMING into to "I don't give a fuck! nigga i'm 4ch! I'll kill motherfuckers!"

Good morning, Chicago!

I've never been to LA...but with shit i've seen here, I don't think i'd really be surprised by anything I might see.

Funny no one says anything about biker gangs. There's a lot of outlaws around here. They don't cause too much trouble and pretty much are just suppliers of shit but these are certainly real dudes.

Hells angels, outlaws, and I believe the mongols are international gangs. Its just a different mentality I guess where as the don't claim a block or something.

Same thing with the now virtually unheard of Italian mafia and the other original mafias and mobs from way back.

These gangs you guys are all talking about are just plain dumb IMO. It just seems like the higher ups are the only people making any kind of living. Everyone below is left to get killed and will happily do so like the stupid fucking lemming they are. It makes me sick that gangs like MS13 are so powerful because of all the damage they do and yet all the power they get is from the work of their seemingly mindless foot soldiers.

I'm not saying biker gangs or mafia types are ok. I am saying they at the least are tactful enough to not recruit people by having some dumb kid carve open someone's face on the subway and call it "1.50".

These shock and awe style gangs just have to come to a breaking point. Its just ridiculous and counter productive behavior. Sure you may get street cred with the other idiots for shooting someone because they had a blue hat on but, you are going to jail if you get caught. You may make hundreds a day selling on the corner but, what's the boss making when you're gonna take the fall. When I see a biker I don't have to worry about what color I have on. He doesn't have to prove himself with me or go sell shit on the corner.

That said I realize it may not always be much of a choice. Still that doesn't make it smart by any means. All gangs are by nature violent, I guess I just don't understand why you would want to empower someone else by being a low level member of a gang like MS13 when there are so many better models around. If you look at the structure of these gangs its incredible they have the numbers they do and sad that there are so many dumb fucks willing to make someone else money.

Two main reasons people join a street gang (probably also applies to "mafia" and biker gangs)

1) Family members are members

2) Everyone in your school/neighborhood are members

It may be difficult to understand what would motivate someone to join a streetgang as a low level member from a logical risk vs. reward perspective, reality is often that they don't have much of a choice. If your dad, uncle, brothers and cousins are all gangmembers, then you probably are too. Likewise if everyone in your school claims a certain set, you're probably going to as well. Sure there are kids who don't join gangs in inner-city schools, but they're probably the nerdy kids who don't smoke pot or drink either. Most kids who live any sort of rebellious lifestyle in that atmosphere are by nature going to associate with gang members.

And you're right, it is sad and it really doesn't make sense. Sudhir Venkatesh is a sociology professor at Columbia University who spent 7 years hanging out with a Chicago gang, as well as various prostitutes and pimps. His book "Gang Leader For A Day chronicles it, and a chapter in the awesome book Freakanomics by Steven Levitt is devoted to his findings. Essentially he found that only the top 1-2 positions have a favorable risk vs reward income, and the street level dealers were making less than minimum wage. Obviously their chances of being murdered were much higher as well.

These gangs you guys are all talking about are just plain dumb IMO. It just seems like the higher ups are the only people making any kind of living. Everyone below is left to get killed and will happily do so like the stupid fucking lemming they are. It makes me sick that gangs like MS13 are so powerful because of all the damage they do and yet all the power they get is from the work of their seemingly mindless foot soldiers.
What other organizations could this be applies to?

p.s. It's a "motorcycle club", not a gang!8) ;)

Two main reasons people join a street gang (probably also applies to "mafia" and biker gangs)

1) Family members are members

2) Everyone in your school/neighborhood are members

It may be difficult to understand what would motivate someone to join a streetgang as a low level member from a logical risk vs. reward perspective, reality is often that they don't have much of a choice. If your dad, uncle, brothers and cousins are all gangmembers, then you probably are too. Likewise if everyone in your school claims a certain set, you're probably going to as well. Sure there are kids who don't join gangs in inner-city schools, but they're probably the nerdy kids who don't smoke pot or drink either. Most kids who live any sort of rebellious lifestyle in that atmosphere are by nature going to associate with gang members.

And you're right, it is sad and it really doesn't make sense. Sudhir Venkatesh is a sociology professor at Columbia University who spent 7 years hanging out with a Chicago gang, as well as various prostitutes and pimps. His book "Gang Leader For A Day chronicles it, and a chapter in the awesome book Freakanomics by Steven Levitt is devoted to his findings. Essentially he found that only the top 1-2 positions have a favorable risk vs reward income, and the street level dealers were making less than minimum wage. Obviously their chances of being murdered were much higher as well.

Right I guess I couldve touched on the reasons one would join a bit. It still doesn't make it right though. In a lot of cases its a vicious cycle that needs to be broken.

Wheezy, very true I guess in pretty much anything the low man does all the work. I think in this case the risk severly outweighs the reward to degree that's unmatched anywhere as Kakti said. Even in the taliban they at least believe they are going to heaven.

And yes they are "motorcycle clubs" lol. Sometimes the names of these gangs make me laugh. It reminds me of something you'd put on the cardboard fort you made when you were 6. A refrigerator box with the words gangster disciples with another sign below that says no girls allowed.

Funny no one says anything about biker gangs. There's a lot of outlaws around here. They don't cause too much trouble and pretty much are just suppliers of shit but these are certainly real dudes.

Hells angels, outlaws, and I believe the mongols are international gangs. Its just a different mentality I guess where as the don't claim a block or something.

Same thing with the now virtually unheard of Italian mafia and the other original mafias and mobs from way back.

I'm not saying biker gangs or mafia types are ok. I am saying they at the least are tactful enough to not recruit people by having some dumb kid carve open someone's face on the subway and call it "1.50".

These shock and awe style gangs just have to come to a breaking point. Its just ridiculous and counter productive behavior. Sure you may get street cred with the other idiots for shooting someone because they had a blue hat on but, you are going to jail if you get caught. You may make hundreds a day selling on the corner but, what's the boss making when you're gonna take the fall. When I see a biker I don't have to worry about what color I have on. He doesn't have to prove himself with me or go sell shit on the corner.

That said I realize it may not always be much of a choice. Still that doesn't make it smart by any means. All gangs are by nature violent, I guess I just don't understand why you would want to empower someone else by being a low level member of a gang like MS13 when there are so many better models around. If you look at the structure of these gangs its incredible they have the numbers they do and sad that there are so many dumb fucks willing to make someone else money.

I think what you fail to recognize is the environment most of these gang members grow up in. When your growing up and your mom is gone for days at a time out turning tricks to smoke crack and your dad is doing 15 years up state, and your basically being raised by the streets what else would you do. It's not like these kids sit there and analyze their options of what group they could join to have the most financial gain or other opportunities. Think about having to walk to school everyday scared someone is going to jump your or rob you and needing that protection. I know to all of us who grow up comfortably that doesn't sound like a very big problem and something we could go and talk to our parents about, but when you grow up how most gang members grow up, you look for protection, and who's the ones in the neighborhood no one fucks with and is scared of, its the neighborhood gang. And then comes the need to make money, and you really think some kid growing up on the streets with no parental guidance is going to go apply for a shitty job at mcdonalds or something. Hell no, they look at the local drug dealers with the cars and the clothes and want to go that route thinking one day they will move up in their gang and move up from selling dope on the corner to making real money. Unfortunately that usually doesn't happen and they end up getting killed or going to jail before hitting it big. It's just hard for people like us who grew up comfortably in the suburbs to understand shit like this and see where these kids are coming from. I am in no way condoning gangs or gang activity (except for all the dope they sell me of course lol) but I have known people in legit gangs who really are good people who just under the circumstances of life ended up having to live such a life. Its pretty sad and goes hand in hand with poverty. Also the need for acceptance I'm sure is a major factor, as we all want to be accepted somewhere and feel like we belong.

^tl;dr, well I skimmed it and forgive me for being rude but didn't I just cover that?

Anyways there are plenty of kids that grow up poor, fatherless, and in rough neighborhoods. Its all completely relative. Its not like a kid growing up in the poorest village in Africa knows how bad he's got it because he can't compare.

Like I said before regardless of circumstance it doesn't make it right. That doesn't mean I failed to realize anything. I mean how many people in this very thread live in these gang infested areas and yet aren't in a gang. Yes the environment you're raised into certainly makes it more likely. It is sad that these kids join these gangs but, its also very stupid.

Last edited:
^^^ oh definitely it is a choice, regardless of your environment or family situation, but I'm sure for the young kids who do join gangs, they at that point don't see it as a choice, but something they have to do for to survive. Like there is this guy I know really well who lives in the hood in LA, and this guy has been a heroin addict for a good 30 years now, and I know 3 of his sons. The 2 younger kids mother is also a heroin and crack addict and is constantly in and out of jail. The 2 younger kids, ages 13 and 15, have not lived with their parents since birth due to child services taking the kids away to go live with the kids uncle. Who are these kids role models? Father and mother are complete junkies, who are not there for them, they live with their uncle whos got his own kids and doesn't give a shit about them except for the money he receives every month from the government, and the 2 kids older brother is a full on hardcore gang member. Like in my opinion, children like this don't really have a chance from the beginning and them joining gangs is inevitable. The 15 year old is already in the neighborhood gang, and the younger one is following in his brothers footsteps. The 13 year old already has his neck tatted up with a commemoration to his one brother who died when he was 16 from a gang shooting. Basically what I'm saying is when your surrounded by shit like this, and this is what your life is, joining a gang is probably not such a bad idea for these kids. Again, I am not making excuses for these kids and obviously joining a gang is only going to lead to a whole lot more problems. What is sad is these kids already lost their one brother to gang violence, and are basically walking into the same fate.

hendrix haze, in the other thread u said that u grew up in south central now here u said this

It's just hard for people like us who grew up comfortably in the suburbs
you are includin yourself in that quote? or u was just referring to most of bluelite population?

i think i am just missing something or misunderstanding u but that made me confused

^^^ ooh no, you must have misread my other post lacey, I didn't grow up in south central. I grew up very comfortably in Orange County, but 6 or so years ago, I got hooked on dope and made a very good friendship with the black guy I was talking about in my previous post in this thread, and basically was down there in south central every day at his house, copping and shooting dope. It sounds weird but this guy is kinda like my dad, like besides the fact that we shoot dope together, he always looked out for me and when I became homeless I was sleeping on his couch for a month before I really hit the streets. Him and his girlfriend actually refer to me as their son sometimes cuz I get along really good with his kids and his mom and am like a family friend. Its cool cuz any time I'm down there or even if I'm not, and I need a couch to crash on or a hot meal, I can always go to his pad and get hooked up. So yeah, I'm just this orange county surfer kid who got mixed up with tar and got lost in the south central for a few years lol.

Yeah biker gangs! We gots Outlaws n Penetraitors n Detroit Highwaymen

Also the Klan n Aryan gangs

i had a friend that was in a click in the SFV for awhile... he went to prison... got out... now he doesnt fuck with that life anymore

I'm not sure about gangs, but about 2 hours away is the murder capitol of the US...New Orleans....

Last edited:
I never really thought to include motorcycle gangs, in my earlier post. We have a handful around here, a few scattered Hell's Angels members, but mostly Outlaws, Sons of Silence, and Ranch Riders. There is also a white, supremacist gang known as the West Side Mafia, that live around here.

Saginaw Gangs

Yeah round my way you can get the crackhouse of your dreams all for under5k

Anyhow here is an article full of lies and misinformation. I know it because I visit Saginaw freguently. Since they took down the SSC, it opened the door for mexican gangs "ala MS13" fresh outta Standish/Freeland prisons

Around the summer of 05 when they took down most of the SunnySideCrips, the data they got about gangshootings was way off since the police were unaware that the mexicans were even in a gang. They didnt start doing the homework untill 2008 when they figured out that it had to be another gang knocking off Crows Island bloods

pharcyde, bro, what in the world you talkin bout with all that false fake info...with all due respect...you way off in terms of the labels, and the ms-13 organization....obviously you not from here and you gettin fake info from who knows where...first, mthere aint no ms-13 bull goin on this way...not in saginaw...aint no ms-13 activity poppin off here at all, not any...it may be 3 or 4 lil wanna be;s somewhere claimin it lol, but c'mon chief, that aint poppin this way... ...we had the folk thing poppin in the early to late 90s mixture of black n mexicans(gangster disiples) that was prodominately on the sunny side but also in the woodside area and other places, and any folk member would tell you boldly, that folk gangs are by no means, no means what soever connected to l.a. base crip sets..so i hope thats not where you gettin this sunnyside-crip thing from......some cities have folks n crips allies, but thats not the case here chief...but again, the folk stronghold thresh hold decreased in the late 90s as the sunny side empire grew most of the folk activity subsided...AINT NO SUCH THING AS NO DAWG ON SUNNY SIDE/CRIPS;...MAN are you serious?????? the sunny side had always been at war with crip like gangs which include the WHOLE NORTH SIDE area, and north side allies "bloomfield" (which is located on the south side region but are branched with north side gang 4th n kirk)...the sunny side in fact have ALLIES with many blood affiliated sets...burt
street,
some east side area gangs, thug life, woodside, randolph street, etc...you have to come better than that...and for the records my friend, i'm born n raised on the sunny side...used to gang bang and all...so let's keep it real...born and raised on bundy street heart of the sunny side

Dude Im talking bout years. I was round the Arthur Hill area man. Thats the names I was introduced to. Plus Im not from Daginaw. Im from Munger. So. Yeah I didnt mess with gangs just white folks and mexicans who were caliming MS

Dude Im talking bout years. I was round the Arthur Hill area man. Thats the names I was introduced to. Plus Im not from Daginaw. Im from Munger. So. Yeah I didnt mess with gangs just white folks and mexicans who were caliming MS

In Chicago we have no ms-13 but I can tell u this much (whites & mexicans) being or claiming ms-13 is bullshit.
Elsalvador is where ms-13 came from & they take it as a huge dayumm insult when pple call ms mexicans.

There has NEVER been a mexican in ms-13 , , , the 13 they use has NOTHING to do with mexican mafia.

As in other dude sayen folks (spanish & blacks) in cali I take it, when you sayen early 90's,I'm just confused b/c back till '93-94 they were BGD Black Gangster Disciples, so there could not be any spanish, but this is cali not Chicago so anything is possiable. Reason I mention that is b/c it be in our lit.

Anyways I was just given my 2cents on the ms-13 are insulted when they are called mexican b/c all elsalvadorian & white girls can come in....But they murk mexicans & they hate them.

~1~

In Chicago we have no ms-13 but I can tell u this much (whites & mexicans) being or claiming ms-13 is bullshit.
Elsalvador is where ms-13 came from & they take it as a huge dayumm insult when pple call ms mexicans.

There has NEVER been a mexican in ms-13 , , , the 13 they use has NOTHING to do with mexican mafia.

As in other dude sayen folks (spanish & blacks) in cali I take it, when you sayen early 90's,I'm just confused b/c back till '93-94 they were BGD Black Gangster Disciples, so there could not be any spanish, but this is cali not Chicago so anything is possiable. Reason I mention that is b/c it be in our lit.

Anyways I was just given my 2cents on the ms-13 are insulted when they are called mexican b/c all elsalvadorian & white girls can come in....But they murk mexicans & they hate them.

~1~

Whats funny though is as much as el salvadorians hate being called or mistaken for mexicans, here in Cali the 13 in MS 13 does stand for the mexican mafia. So for a gang that absolutely hates mexicans, they are still having to kick up taxes to the mexican mafia and have to side with them lol. Shows how much power and control the mexican mafia has, because MS 13 is one of the nuttiest and craziest gangs around. So what does the 13 in MS 13 stand for in chicago?

We don't have any ms or la eme or any other major Hispanic gang that based in cali...

Cali is way too soft..they be letting outside gangs come into there cities and take over where in chicago that shit won't fly

That's why we have no bloods or crips