• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow did you see that???

Holy shit!

NSFW:
I feel terrible and I just want to Ned to go back to Winterfell and get his wife back from that psycho woman Lysa and her fucking retard, etc etc. I am now getting anxious waiting for Joeffry's idiot move that sends everyone into war. I despise Sansa and I almost pity the actress that plays her, since I will never be able to look at her again without seeing a traitor and a weakling. I really like Cat in the Canals 'dancing' instructor, and I'm glad they are actually giving face time to him. I liked the outburst of Renly during the hunt with Robert. Robert doesn't get nearly this much play in the books, and I kind of wish it staid that way, I don't like him at all. No Jon Snow this week :(. I enjoyed the foreshadowing going on with Dany -- from the get go. Getting into the steamy bath, picking the eggs out of the fire, all of it. I was mesmerized watching her eat the horse heart or whatever. That bitch is hot covered in blood. Dany & her relationship with Khal is one of my favourites. Viserys is right to be jealous of the cheering and love and what not that she gets, being carried around by Khal and everything. Although, I wish they had staid true to the book and had them fuck in front of everyone when announcing the name of their Prince.

Good episode!

eta: is anyone else reading the breakdown reviews on The Onion? they do one for experts and one for newbs. I try and read both, because PB hasn't read the books, and I feel stupid everytime I say like, well it doesn't matter because ________ will be dead soon enough, or whatever. So I like to know what people are telling those who haven't read any of the books.

This is the EXPERT review for tonight: http://www.avclub.com/articles/a-go...tm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=avclub_rss_daily

This is the NEWB review for tonight : http://www.avclub.com/articles/a-golden-crown-for-newbies,56415/

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to go online and sneak peek/watch next weeks episode. But I'm trying not to because then I'll have to wait 2 weeks until a new episode.

Must.Exercise.Restraint.

God-dam this show, each episode needs to be longer then an hour! I'm totally engaged from beginning to end then it feels like im ripped out when it finish's.. the episode just passed has me really excited for whats to come :D

anyone wanna play the "guess what happens next week" game, based on episode titles?

"You Win or You Die"
NSFW:
Death of Robert.

"The Pointy End"
NSFW:
Renly attempts to gain Ned's support to charge Cersei for her crimes. Jon Snow and his defense of Mormont from the wight, his gift of Longclaw the bastard sword.

"Baelor"
NSFW:
Ned is executed. Arya's hair is cut and she flees into the city, abandoning Sansa.

"Fire and Blood"
NSFW:
Khal is in his comatose half life state, abortive Rhaego pregnancy comes to an end, ascent of Dany as the single ruler of the Dothraki horde.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

NSFW:

Ned dies?!?!?!?!
Robert dies?!?!?!
Omg this show gets better every episode.
Please tell me that Jon and Dany get together!!!
And please tell me the fucking Lannisters (minus Tyrion or however you spell his name) get what's coming to them.....
Sad on Khal Drogo. I loved him and Dany together and hoped things would be happily ever after for her....

NSFW:

Ned dies?!?!?!?!
Robert dies?!?!?!
And please tell me the fucking Lannisters (minus Tyrion or however you spell his name) get what's coming to them.....
Sad on Khal Drogo. I loved him and Dany together and hoped things would be happily ever after for her....

BOOK ONE SPOILERS
NSFW:
hahaha, yeah, a lot of main characters are out quickly. Robert is killed on the hunt he is currently on with Renly, due to drugged wine. Ned is executed because Joeffry Baratheon is a fucking idiot, decided not to listen to his mother (banish Ned to the Wall, we won't lose the starks since you'll still marry Sansa, annoying ned will be gone etc,) but Joffery says "nope, off with Ned's head" and in less than 30 seconds, before Cersei could stop him, stop the war that starts with that single action, Ned is dead. All of the Lannister children die. (or apparently do). Jamie has such a severe turn around that he has ended up as one of my favourite characters. Jon is stuck with The Wall, it seems, although he is the one that I root for to sit the Iron Throne, or Dany. Although, honestly? Dany will probably be the one. I mean, she has fucking dragons. Khal Drogo's death was terribly heartbreaking for me. I don't like the way that their relationship is being explained here, but in the book they truly love each other, and she grew into the powerful Queen she is with the help of Khal Drogo.

I've been cruising 4chan today, and I am loving the bookfags vs showfag arguments going on there lol.

1306287024309.jpg

1306287768103.jpg

i will have to come back and edit these images out when they expire from 4chan, but lol for right now!

Tell me. Tell me!!!!! hahaha
I wanted to watch!!!

So......
NSFW:

Dany and Jon don't hook up??? :(

^I can not WAIT until Sunday night.
I really need to find the time to read the rest of the book.......
I already want to jump into the second book just to know what all happens this season :)

NSFW:

Ned dies?!?!?!?!
Robert dies?!?!?!

Major, major spoiler:

NSFW:
In the books, years ago, Rhaegar Targaryen crowns Lyanna Stark the "Queen of Love and Beauty", even though he is married to a Dornish princess. He and Lyanna later disappear in what is termed as an "abduction" by many characters, triggering Robert's Rebellion. (Robert later kills Rhaegar during the battle of the Trident, and Jaimie kills the Mad King, which leads to Robert assuming the throne). During Robert's Rebellion, Lyanna, after the "abduction" is well protected (by three members of the King's Guard, even though Aerys nor Rhaegar are there), and dies in a "bloody" bed after being found by Ned. While dying, she makes Ned promise her something. The words of that promise haunt Ned to his dying day. And Jon's age dates back to being conceived during the time of Robert's Rebellion.

The fanbase has some interesting theories about that promise still being active, and why Lyanna would be well protected, and what could make her bed bloody and what would kill her. It relates to the age of Jon, and argues that Ned isn't Jon's parent, but he does have a Stark parent.

Dany and Jon might have some rather close consanguinity if that's the case. Not that it's stopped other Targaryens.

ETA: There's one Targyaren still alive in the seven kingdoms: Master Aegon, on the wall. He does seem to be fond of Jon.

Last edited:
uhm, Khal Drogo has been fucking Lisa Bonet for like 7 years, they have two kids together!

tumblr_lltjymiPoV1qhmii9o1_500.jpg

wtg!

wow i'm the last poster for three times, so i'm just going to edit this for some Khal picspam, especially since ocean princess loves them so much, and you know what, fuck it, i do too, i think it's stupid that

NSFW:
khal has to die for dany to give birth to the dragons. don't care, khal was a good secondary character, martin and his love for killing off people. :|

tumblr_llni2rXK8K1qhmii9o1_500.gif

tumblr_llmpgbm5nD1qhmii9o1_400.gif

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 7 I WATCHED EARLY BECAUSE I'M A CHEATING BASTARD

NSFW:
Robert's death was a bit of a weird, overly drawn out, overly anxiety creating thing. Also, sometimes I hate Ned. This is one of those episodes. Why doesn't he listen to Renly? or Littlefinger? Or Varys? He keeps saying "There are no other options. I have no choice." YES NIGGA YOU DO. ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE GAVE YOU OPTIONS. Why doesn't he just go home to Winterfell? Why doesn't he do anything but start a war? I guess the books wouldn't have existed without it, but shit dude, painful to watch everyone fucking you over, so clearly, so plainly, it's like ARE YOU SIMPLE? Actually, the books would have still existed, because Cersei would have still murdered Robert, but Ned would have been home in Winterfell, better prepared to stay out or throw his weight behind someone else.

Jorah Mormont saves Dany from the poison wine, and finally we get to see who Khal Drogo really is. When he comes back to the horde after doing whatever a Khal does all day and hears about Dany's threat at the market, he goes to her, puts a hand on her belly and a hand on her face and says "Moon of my life! Are you alright?!" She reassures him, and then he turns to Mormont and pledges him a gift of any horse of his choice, as thanks for protecting the Khaleesi. He then turns to everyone crowded into the tent, glaring at the prisoner, and gives the (probably) longest speech he's ever going to get, about the gift he pledges to his son. He promises to "ride the wooden horses across the poison sea", to "rape their women [of the seven kingdoms], enslave the children", anything, to give his son the "iron chair that his mother's father sat upon!" -cheering, applause, burning fires, etc- It was an awesome scene, not just for the tenderness & love he shows for Dany, but for the flip side, the grandiose speech making, the kingly behavior that Dany is observing and (obviously) taking to heart for when it's her time to rule. This scene dominated the episode for me, much like the horse heart eating episode.

On the Wall, Jon is heartbroken that Benjen's horse returns, but not Benjen. He's also not made a Ranger, but a Steward. He's furious, and stalks off, when Sam approaches him and says the obvious. "Jon, you may wash his clothes and keep his fires, but you'll also take his letters, keep track of his appointments, everything. You will know everything. You are being groomed Jon! For commander!" He still doesn't take it entirely seriously, complaining that it isn't fair, when Pip chimes in with how he got to the wall (creepy, Catholic priesty situation) and basically to shut the fuck up and deal with it.

Back in Kings Landing, Ned's attempt to do anything right, obviously, painfully, from a mile away, caves in. Everyone sits in the throne room and watches as Cersei rips to shreds (literally) Robert's last will and testament, has Ned's retainer slain, and Littlefinger ends the episode with a knife to Ned's throat, laughing and saying demonically, "you shouldn't have trusted me."

You FUCKING idiot Ned.

Also, we get to meet Tywin for the first time with Jamie. Tywin is complaining that Jamie is talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk, and that he's doing dishonor to the house of Lannister. he says all of this while he is field dressing and skinning a stag.

the tension in this episode is UNBELIEVABLE.

Last edited:
Well, as another character said:

NSFW:
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

I think there are parallels to Ned.

Here's my question about the series:

Who the hell is Varys planning to put on the throne?

Arya hears him plotting beneath the Red Keep to put a Targaryen on the throne. I can't see him thinking that Viserys would be a wise choice as ruler.

I don't know how much he could know about Dany's leadership abilities at the time, and anyways Dany was married to a foreign ruler, which I'd believe he'd know. I don't think Varys would believe Khal Drogo would be a great ruler of Westeros either (he's sane, but the phrase "barbarian horde" comes to mind with his people). Sure, Varys could be planning to kill Drogo later, leaving Dany the sole ruler, but does Varys think he could control her, or that she'd be a good ruler?

Which leaves...?

And why is Varys plotting with Illyrio? I don't doubt that Varys could be using Illyrio to his own ends. But what are those ends?

ETA:

NSFW:
Varys is one of the more perplexing characters in the books. His counterpart, Littlefinger, is a bloody amateur in comparison: We know what Littlefinger wants: Power, and Catelyn. The latter fails horribly when Joffrey throws a wrench in the works. But Varys? He has no love for the Baratheons. He has no love for the Lannisters. He plots against both. And he appears to be plotting for a return of the Targaryens. But why? I'll also note, up until being forced to help Tyrion escape, his plots appear to be on track, give or take a few minor glitches. So why sacrifice it all for Tyrion?

Last edited:
i'm so pissed. the series "a Song of Fire and Ice" was recommended to me years ago when I worked at Barnes&Noble-had a mad discount and read only the best of the best. It was just a few below where i was on my list when i lost my job and got a job as a sears portrait studio manager-traveling around my district,with little time to read. my therapist owns the series so i am going to borrow them from her ASAP.
I AM HOOKED!and i made the mistake of watching the upcoming episode at hbogo.com,now i am going have watch this episode 3 times-actually maybe i'll read.

any William Horwood fans? His trilogy The Duncton Chronicles, and also a second trilogy, The Book of Silence.

anyway....game of thones is just another fine HBO production.

Who the hell is Varys planning to put on the throne?

good fucking question. i have no idea. perhaps he thought he'd have a chance controlling Rhaego, therefor Dany as well? But Khal doesn't fit well with that, at all. Also, he wouldn't want Viserys there either. My guess would be a Stark, but even that is crazy.

ETA:

NSFW:
Varys is one of the more perplexing characters in the books. His counterpart, Littlefinger, is a bloody amateur in comparison: We know what Littlefinger wants: Power, and Catelyn. The latter fails horribly when Joffrey throws a wrench in the works. But Varys? He has no love for the Baratheons. He has no love for the Lannisters. He plots against both. And he appears to be plotting for a return of the Targaryens. But why? I'll also note, up until being forced to help Tyrion escape, his plots appear to be on track, give or take a few minor glitches. So why sacrifice it all for Tyrion?

I think this can only be answered with a conspiracy theory: ;)

NSFW:
that there are other Targaryens in the seven kingdoms, or that Tyrion is the only 'real' Lannister/son of Tywin, that Jamie and Cersei are illegitmate children of Aerys via Joanna, that Tyrion is Tywin's only 'trueborn' child (which would compound the disappointment that Tywin feels about Tyrion being the only worth a shit Lannister and marrying whore/The Sailors Wife??) more conspiracy theories always.... So Varys risks everything to save the last 'member' of a great house, and doesn't care if the other two Incest Twins dies because they aren't worth anything, and that perhaps he is after installing other (Jon Snow?) Targaryens on the throne.

who the fuck knows, GRRM just needs to come out with the other books and quash these fucking crazy talks!

Was a big fan of the novels from the first time I read them. One of the better fantasy series out there, in a genre dominated by stagnant, boring, poorly written highschool-level wankery. I can honestly say that A Song of Ice and Fire, as a universe, almost parallels Tolkien's mythopoeia, in completeness, complexity, and downright quality.

Almost.

Very much enjoying the HBO adaptation as well. While not totally perfect, and at times a bit more... extreme, and certainly paced a bit differently... it has managed to suck in viewers who would have done nothing but snigger a demeaning snicker at the genre as a whole before this series came along.