• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

gabapentin side effects

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
At first gabapentin was working great for treating my chronic lyme (main symptom insomnia) but now its started to make me pretty loopy the next day which i can't have as i am a musician, this isn't a nice little opiate high i just am pretty non-functional. Since the half-life is short I'm assuming this is because its accumulated a bunch in my system? anyone know how to combat these side-effects? also can you take stuff like unisom/benadryl on top of it ? i want to lower my dose, also quit weed, but still get good sleep. between weed and gabapentin at night i'm getting a lot of daytime tiredness

You can use OTC sleep aids on top of the gabapentin to help deal with the insomnia and lower your doses. Just use them as reccomended, because large doses of antihistamines are going to lead to some very unpleasant side effects.

Gabapentin has a pretty short half life which means that it's probably not due to accumulation unless youre dosing very frequently. The accumulation to steady-state plasma concentration occurs with long-acting drugs.

Do you only take the gabapentin before bed, or do you also take it during the day?

also is it normal or common for gabapentin to cause headaches? I got headaches even at the low dose i'm on two nights in a row

if you have just started taking gabapentin a 600 or 800mg tab can make u feel pretty tipsy the first few times for some people, im not sure if this is what your experiencing, because you shouldnt be having any next day type effects from its short life. feel better!

Your question is about gabapentin, but I also see you asking about tramadol, clonazepam, and xanax in other threads. How often are you using all of these different drugs? It might have nothing to do with the gabapentin

Your question is about gabapentin, but I also see you asking about tramadol, clonazepam, and xanax in other threads. How often are you using all of these different drugs? It might have nothing to do with the gabapentin

Excellent work detective. You've been promoted to Detective Inspector, First Class.

I have the same questions OP. I've heard of people describing a "loopiness" associated with Gabapentin usage, but it's rarely a symptom that reaches the severity of complaint. Some experience vertigo as well, but most don't find it severe enough to affect their daily functioning, more like a minor annoyance.

Please elaborate. We want to help you out, but we'd like to have as full of a picture as possible!