• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Dosing

hey again, in case anybody still reads this :)

i m now on 3x300 gaba on top of 1x25mg targin - now i have to see a dentist, and anxiety wise i could only bear it last time cos of her giving me constantly laughing gas; is that dangerous when on my meds? obviously i will notify her about the meds, but who knows how much she knows about those kinda interactions...

which brings me to the next question - what are interactions of gaba or prega with various substances, besides depressants and sedatives which obviously can make you pass out too hard? i dont find much reliable info on that on tripsitter or such... anybody any interaction experiences, pls let me know :)

thx everybody, peAce!

I mean, I have had some degenerate habits, so I try not to judge, but jeez, have you guys not tried benzos? Or for that matter, mdma, ketamine, weed? I come from the scene of opiate addicts. Gabapentin is commonly mega dosed for withdrawals and anxiety, I've never heard stories of anyone enjoying it. News to me. But then again, people take seroquel or trazadone and call it "high", guess I just dont get it

Gaba seems like one of those habits that's gonna be hell to come off of without any of the fun.
Yeah I've tried all them and currently prescribed suboxone and klonapen. Now out of the gabbapentin makes me feel the best. If I'm stuck on a desert island though... I'm taking the klonapen. And I've used abused every drug besides, pcp and special K

Besides pain, it's good for drug withdrawal, mild anxiety, and RLS.
What dose you talking about taking? Drowsiness, no. By brain effects do you mean a head change? Yes. A good head change. Very mild and happy.

No hydroxyzine is much stronger when it comes to going to sleep.
ABSOLUTELY I couldn't agree with you more. Like you stated, I have taken most drugs, and I myself have used or tried to use /abuse every prescription drug. It's crazy because I used to throw my Gabby's away or just give them to people I had like 6 months worth of 600mg x 4 times a day. Damn. I love gabapentin but if you don't take days off, it's ridiculous how much you can take even by day 2!

I take 300 mg a day for my pinched nerve which does help but I have read about a speed like rush taking them. I took I think around 2400 mgs and I'll admit I don't know if it was placebo or not but I felt less depressed and happy with a energetic feeling I can see why some people take them. However I couldn't recreate it again the feeling but it's a very unique drug as it helps me with my heroin withdrawal , by that I mean some of the symptoms the main one being restless leg syndrome so I always keep a bottle just in case for other off label uses that I do my research on before trying . Maybe I can't feel it as intense because if my expectations I'm tricking my mind into not getting the full experience . I agree with other posters most people just throw them or give them away so there bet abundant and doctors don't hesitate as far as for be to give them even I ask..

I take 300 mg a day for my pinched nerve which does help but I have read about a speed like rush taking them. I took I think around 2400 mgs and I'll admit I don't know if it was placebo or not but I felt less depressed and happy with a energetic feeling I can see why some people take them. However I couldn't recreate it again the feeling but it's a very unique drug as it helps me with my heroin withdrawal , by that I mean some of the symptoms the main one being restless leg syndrome so I always keep a bottle just in case for other off label uses that I do my research on before trying . Maybe I can't feel it as intense because if my expectations I'm tricking my mind into not getting the full experience . I agree with other posters most people just throw them or give them away so there bet abundant and doctors don't hesitate as far as for be to give them even I ask..
Using Google Voice so I will apologize first hand for that but yes I agree in my experience you can only achieve that kind of Rush or that high with Gabby's every maybe once every 3 or 4 days you have to take a three you know a few days off otherwise you're just wasting them yeah

Using Google Voice so I will apologize first hand for that but yes I agree in my experience you can only achieve that kind of Rush or that high with Gabby's every maybe once every 3 or 4 days you have to take a three you know a few days off otherwise you're just wasting them yeah
I would also say that there's no limit really to what you can take per day I mean I would stretch it and try doing 5,000 mg after taking a few days off just take it slow and just do like you know 600 mg every hour or 300 mg every half hour and see how far you can get caffeine really helps carbonated soda or carbonated carbonation really helps also Advil or naproxen really helps bring it brings out the gabri receptors that's what I've learned on here* again and I Apologize For pathetic grammar I'm just using Google Voice cuz I'm so tired

As far as staggering. I find if I take 1500-1800 mgs staggered if feels stronger doing 600 mgs every 40 minutes instead of 300. Both work. But starting with 600 seems ok. Not sure why but for me the whole transporting it to the brain at a smaller amount seems to include 600 mgs at once.

Some years back I was taking 3000 mgs whenever I would indulge. Way strong. These days much less. Seems better when it is more subtle than overpowering.

Still assesing just how much this stuff helps with nerve pain for me. But what I am not doing is taking it daily to find out. Exercise and PRN works for me.

As far as staggering. I find if I take 1500-1800 mgs staggered if feels stronger doing 600 mgs every 40 minutes instead of 300. Both work. But starting with 600 seems ok. Not sure why but for me the whole transporting it to the brain at a smaller amount seems to include 600 mgs at once.

Some years back I was taking 3000 mgs whenever I would indulge. Way strong. These days much less. Seems better when it is more subtle than overpowering.

Still assesing just how much this stuff helps with nerve pain for me. But what I am not doing is taking it daily to find out. Exercise and PRN works for me.
I would agree with this also I would say that it's important - one has to take at least one day off - at least, two - three days is better - otherwise you're going to be taking 50,000 mg a day which I have taken which is ridiculous. Also, when you break up the 300mg and you pull them apart put them in a cup of coffee and my Lord it is something else a very good Buzz. Imo - body gets acclimated to gabapentin's way too quickly and easily it only takes one day and then you're already chasing that first "high"

Gabapentin is my favorite thing ever. It is perfect.

I take my whole dose at once. I've experimented with it, and I noticed if I redose after my first one, it does nothing else. I dont get any higher and it doesnt seem to last any longer. I know alot of people stagger their doses so there must be some out there that benefit from that, but I never did and I dont like wasting them.

You must must must take a break in between days because the tolerance builds up like in one day. So if you took 1200 mg one day, you would have to take 2400 mg the next day to feel it and you dont need to be taking crazy high doses. I read somewhere on here that your body can only absorb so much of it anyways at one time.

I've found myself increasing my dosage to use daily until I got to scary high amounts. Luckly nothing bad has ever happened from me taking gabapentin and I've been taking it for 10 plus years.

If you get capsules, you can open em up and dump them in an orange juice and chug it and the effects will come on faster. Otherwise it takes almost two hours to kick in.

Love those things. They are like a miracle pill.
Agreed. Yeah I took like 50x 300mg one day with little effect and thought "huh maybe I should take a day off or two" lol. Oh well. 🤷