• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

gabapentin as a potentiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone say that timing is everything, when should you take the gabapentin with your opiate... before, after, during? And doses for the times?

Take the Gabapentin AFTER you take your Opiate. I am not too sure about the timing of say IV Opiates but with say Morphine IR's i usually waited about a hour after dosing to take it. With Morphine SR's taking Gabapentin 2 hours after seemed to do the trick. Taking it before or with a Opiate actually lowers the bioavailability of the Opiate which is the last thing you want.

GABA only lasts so long and it all depends on what the drug is taken for.

I take 1600/MG/day to an actual reason - seizure. I've been taking these along w/ Keppra for years and years, so I get no "feeling" from it all. but I do remember early on I would always have a happy-go-lucky smile on my face for a few hours but nothing out of the ordinary really. eventually, after about a month, it somewhat wore off but I still see post about GABA which I find so funny because I take it for an actual purpose and feel none of these effects, oh well.

if you continue w/ the FENT and the GABA the the GABA will surly fade; however, you mentioned you still had a full day of school. dude, you are young, so lay off this garbage now before it gets too damn late and god knows what could happen; mixing anything is a NO-NO, although these are not something you'll hear many bad stories about its also nothing something you hear great stories with either. just be careful w/ what you are doing and realize that FENT is bullshit and if anything stick w/ GABA and have an overall good time rather than just the 10-20 minutes the fent would give you.

Oh, I assumed before I was taking about 300-400 mg 10 min before IV dope, so I should wait about an hour? I feel like the dope doesn't even last a whole hour I think Ill try it a little sooner like 10 min at first, do a little trial and error

I take 1800 mg of gabapentin daily. My tolerance to opiates has come down since I got off of most medications. So when I was prescribed Tramadol I was excited to feel the euphoria I had been missing for so long. I've read on here that GABA potentiates T, and also that it decreases the efficacy of T. I tried to take GABA after I took the tramadol like suggested and I popped 250 mg right off but didn't feel jack. Then I popped 150 more, then 150 more and then finally 200 more, bringing the total to a whopping 750 mg!!!! I never did reach any euphoria, only fatigue and I slight dissociative affect. Why didn't the tramadol work? Has anyone else had this experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.