• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin and pupils

chelle216

Bluelighter
Hey BL friends, I'm wondering if anyone gets pinned pupils after taking gabapentin? I always figured that it would increase pupil size if anything, but a loved one keeps trying to convince me it's what's causing their pinning. I have my doubts about this being the true cause, so I'm curious if this is happening to others.
Thanks guys.

I've never had this issue with gabapentin but my pupils are always sort of small regardless.

Hey BL friends, I'm wondering if anyone gets pinned pupils after taking gabapentin? I always figured that it would increase pupil size if anything, but a loved one keeps trying to convince me it's what's causing their pinning. I have my doubts about this being the true cause, so I'm curious if this is happening to others.
Thanks guys.

My pupils always dialate on gabapentin

I doubt it has much effect if any, but if anything I would think it would cause miosis not mydriasis.

I assume you suspect your loved one is taking opiates?

Hey I know this question is old, but I thought I’d take a minute to respond. I actually came on Google to ask that exact question, because I just started taking gabapentin yesterday and I’m not taking opiates (which frequently cause constricted pupils) and it is causing constricted pupils in my eyes and my daughter asked what was wrong with my eyes. I’m not sure the case with your relative, but as for me I immediately noticed that gabapentin was causing constricted pupils.

I just looked in the mirror when i had to go to my kitchen to make some tea and i can confirm it constricts the pupils. I never really noticed before but tonight i redosed untill i was on 600mg. I think on lower doses it has much less effect on the pupils.