• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Freebasing and purifying methylphenidate

vrysuperfamoss

Greenlighter
Alright so I have an idea to freebase methylphenidate but would like a fairly clean and mostly pure product as the end product.

My method of extraction would be via methanol as I've heard reports from some people who seemed to know their chemistry that a small amount of mph is turned into ethylphenidate using ethanol and also because it is easier to obtain pure methanol at 99.9% purity to ensure less filler comes through so I would need less purifying before the freebasing.

From here I was looking at using 3.6mg/10mg baking soda/mph because I've read it is a one to one molar weight although I would add more baking soda to ensure full transfer into freebase mph.

from that point I know there are a few random byproducts of freebasing along with left over mph hcl and baking soda and I was wondering if there were any ways to further purify, they don't have to be easy and I would love to hear any methods that can perhaps make this process simpler.

This is a passion project seeing as I prefer the method of smoking due to my love of a non-deviated septum and after hearing the rumors of freebase mph being similar to crack but longer lasting.

If any of you more chemistry minded people would help me out I'm not the most proficient with chemistry and wouldn't know where to start with the acid/base reaction although the purifying is pretty simple if you have the proper safety precautions if I am correct.

Thanks to anyone who contributes (inb4 methylphenidate is trash just smoke meth or crack)

(don't know where to post seeing as I'm fairly new but I'd think this would be the place as I recall a few freebasing guides on BDD)

I'm a chemist, so here goes. Methylphenidate has a methyl ester and those can get converted to the ethyl ester when mixed with base and ethanol, so methanol would be a better choice for this, although I would keep in mind that methanol is not particularly good for you. If the methylphenidate can be dissolved in warm water (not hot) then I would try that first and then add the baking soda, then just let it evaporate, like out in the sun or somewhere warm.

If it won't dissolve then I would dissolve it in methanol then add baking soda dissolved in water to it and let that evaporate. Normally when we free-base something in the lab we use an organic solvent that doesn't mix with water. We add a water solution of sodium bicarbonate and shake it, let the two layers separate then pour off the water layer. But we have some special glassware to do this kind of stuff. Our nickname for this is the "Richard Pryor reaction". He tried to free-base cocaine once and heated it up with a lighter which caused it to catch on fire and he got burned pretty bad.