PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

found any lib caps yet?

rsvmad1

Greenlighter
I haven't found 1 yet.

Had some rain too.

Was wondering what sort of luck people are having so far this year?

How long has it been raining for? It only started raining here yesterday, and is again today. So I'd expect to see them in a few days depending on night time temperatures.

You've got to remember that a very complex process is occurring which involves the use of (rain) water. Think about a seedling sprouting or a vegetable growing. It takes prolonged required, conditions.

Do liberty caps grow in the delmarva area. Specifically right along the mason dixon line? I know there are hella horse stables in my area, if i go up north to pa there are alot of cow pastures. We have had a unusually hot last month and the rains have came.
I have heard that lib caps in perticular are kinda hard to find in my area but that pan sub mushrooms can be found.
So where to start in the horse fields or the cow fields i would imagine to look along the tree line for them if they are not smack in the middle of a pasture.
Been wanting to do this for a while but Always missed the right time of year to do so.

Hi rsvmad1. You don't say whereabouts in the world you are! But for what it's worth, here in rainy Scotland, they've been peeking their little heads out for the last 5 weeks.

Note to Mods - this is not a source reply - I won't tell him exactly where ;)

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm in north Yorkshire, coast, near Cleveland, all I have round me is field after field after field... And then some. Mostly cow, sheep and horse fields.

The rain started lighly 5 days ago, last 2 days quite heavy. Lots of fog today ;)

Im going again tomorrow (same field I found other kinds of mushrooms) hopefully this time maybe find some lib caps ;)

I've noticed that for the past few years the mushrooms have been in season quite late. Many years ago in the central belt of Scotland they would be out in September and over by the start of November. Now I regularly see some still appearing at the end of November, occasionally just into December. Maybe times are a changin'.

I've noticed that for the past few years the mushrooms have been in season quite late. Many years ago in the central belt of Scotland they would be out in September and over by the start of November. Now I regularly see some still appearing at the end of November, occasionally just into December. Maybe times are a changin'.

When I was a young un, helping my friend pick, it was always September and on wards.
I remember this because his first "trip" of the year was always when our local fair was here and its here same month every year ;)
But, yes I agree, seasons are changing here in the uk

Was very hopefull today after all the rain but NOTHING :
must have looked in over 20 fields, walked 10 miles.
Maybe there is 1000s but I just can't see them?
Have a feeling I won't find any and won't get to try shrooms :(

Have you tried local rugby and football pitches?
Hi mate. Yes tried my local cricket/football field. Tried fields with cows, sheep, empty fields of all types ect ect.
The place I know had mushrooms growing for definite is where I helped my friend pick (over 15 years ago) a problem though! It became very popular and a few arrests followed.
Last thing I want is police catching me. But I'm 99% sure there will be shrooms there, itsca cricket pitch over the summer and cows kept on it the rest of the year. :(

Gosh - I haven't heard of any arrests up here. What happened? Did the cases go to court? and what happened if so?
This started happening a good few years after I went picking so we didn't have a worry in the world.
But, I know of a few people being arrested for possession. never went to court they always ended up spending a couple of hours in the cells and walking away with a caution.
Maybe just to put people off the idea of picking as it was a very popular spot past down the generations.
Only a couple of years ago in north Yorkshire, Goathland I think, there was numerous arrests which all made it in to our local news paper lol.
I think 7 men got arrested at the same time.
I'm not very far from goathland but I'm defo NOT going picking anywhere near there.

Another example that England is fucked up haha. Just joking around, well partialy.
Here in Scotland I never had a problem, the worst we got is some fields sprayed to keep us away. Here there is not trespassing law so I think that makes a difference.
Getting arrested for picking mushrooms is a great example of the utter nonsense the war on drugs is.

Another example that England is fucked up haha. Just joking around, well partialy.
Here in Scotland I never had a problem, the worst we got is some fields sprayed to keep us away. Here there is not trespassing law so I think that makes a difference.
Getting arrested for picking mushrooms is a great example of the utter nonsense the war on drugs is.
Crazy isn't it :(
I think I should just accept that I'm not going to find any :(
On the up side. I'm going to Amsterdam in Jan so maybe buy myself some truffles and experience my first trip in the best city in the world ;)

Ah, I think I get the picture. In Scotland the police can't give out cautions - different legal system up here. Our equivalent of the CPS - the Procurator Fiscal - can give cautions but not I believe for Class A drugs. I don't think there has been case yet and I suspect a legal challenge might create a difficult legal situation if the Crown failed to prosecute - how could they find someone guilty of being in possession of the most common mushroom in the UK, that also grows in peoples' front gardens! And if it failed the whole legality thing around it might fall. It is is possible that the cautions down South and the reticence up here to prosecute belie the worry that the authorities have of carrying out successful prosecution.

Ah, I think I get the picture. In Scotland the police can't give out cautions - different legal system up here. Our equivalent of the CPS - the Procurator Fiscal - can give cautions but not I believe for Class A drugs. I don't think there has been case yet and I suspect a legal challenge might create a difficult legal situation if the Crown failed to prosecute - how could they find someone guilty of being in possession of the most common mushroom in the UK, that also grows in peoples' front gardens! And if it failed the whole legality thing around it might fall. It is is possible that the cautions down South and the reticence up here to prosecute belie the worry that the authorities have of carrying out successful prosecution.
Yep, the arresting police officer has some say if you will be charged or not and probably can't be arsed with all the paper work. But its all down to cps really. Here in the UK any drugs found in your possession have to be tested in a lab for them to be able to prosecute you. Money, time and paperwork. All not worth it over some mushrooms hence why I think most walk away with a caution :)

Really interesting, you might be on to something here.
Ages ago I was picking in Reikjavik (Iceland) where the laws about drugs are draconian. Well the place is just full of them, even the smallest piece of grass between roads is packed.
I was young and careless and picked freely, never had an issue. And never saw anybody else picking them.
The thing is, Reikjavik is a small place where everybody knows everybody. So I asked somebody about it and I don't really remember how it went but I ended up with the knowledge that police will only prosecute people trying to sell them, and in no case bother with anyone picking them. This in a country where you don't see or smell any kind of drug f you don't look for it.
It sounds to me like in practise there might be a legal void due to the imposibility of succesful prosecution too.