• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Forklift Operator and Hydrocodone

Stephy

Bluelighter
I'm going through a divorce and trying to get a job for myself. I'm looking at becoming a forklift operator, but I've been on ms-contin for years and now going through a divorce....my soon to be ex told my doctor I was having personality changes....total bull SHIT...so now I'm on hydrocodone. Does anybody know employers feel about legitimately prescribed/needed pain medication. I'm in Tx and we have A HUGE NEED for forklift operators in Houston. Please tell me what state you're from as well as how old your information is.

Ty!
Stephanie

It depends, can you drive on hydrocodone? How much does it effect you? I wound't tell anyone that you are on if you can help it. I was taking opiates while being a forklift operator for a year, but then again I can handle it pretty easily. Just be careful

Well he has to tell then he is on hydrocodone for drug test reasons..
Butttttt....
Tell the employer for your potential new job that you have been on the hydrocodone for a long time , same dose they will know you built a tolerance and it's totally safe ..
I'm a forklift operator n I get ??

It depends, can you drive on hydrocodone? How much does it effect you? I wound't tell anyone that you are on if you can help it. I was taking opiates while being a forklift operator for a year, but then again I can handle it pretty easily. Just be careful
I've been driving just fine for 10 years+

Just get the job. Ya got scrips i do not know a lot of people who have legit jobs and are "dirty" in some way. Not sayin ya dirty but i reckon if ya gonna be doing heavy equipment ya will be soon.
Whats to worry about. Just get the job and be open about it if brought up, It's all above board.
I operated crane (under certificate) in late 90s with scrips of xanax and some kinda oxy and/or barb. This was in south florida, though. Years and never put anyone life in danger. There were some dumb mf that get hurt in steel all accidents are avoidable imo/e in field and home. In over 40 yrs in iron work welding i never got hurt. Well scrapes and blown off tip of thumb because i wasnt wearing a glove and in a hurry. lol that shit HURT/ACHED like a mf for a while but all growded back nicely. :)
Anyway.

I personally do not think there will be an issue.
Just experiences and opinions.
Hope to see ya around.
Peace

Sometimes you don't even need to look at the date to know a post is at least 5 yrs old

today it'd be bunkbupe
er' notta
The funny thing is the OP bumped their own thread.

@Stephy I don't know for sure but a lot of companies may just be looking for weed users. I'm not telling you how to pass a drug test but honestly, cannabis stays in your system longer than most other substances. If you smoke a joint it will show up in a piss test a month or two later. Use some coke or heroin and it metabolizes within a matter of days. I'm not sure how long hydrocodone stays in your system but if it were me, I wouldn't say anything unless I knew for sure they were gonna give me a UA. I mean, if they aren't gonna make you pee in a cup, what's the use of telling them something that isn't their business.

Forklift Operator and Hydrocodone

I thought that was your name for a second, was laughing to bits. Works as a title too though!!

Some rules are stupid, ive done loads of drugs at work tbf. Opiates I'd maybe ask myself for a second opinion, see how that one goes down. Would probably end up congragulating myself and doing double.

Dont ask us, ask yourself. But analyse your thoughts. Always. Always before even picking it up. Analyse what took you there too.

Opiates are little tricksters. I'm always reminded of the ibogaine thread where @Xorkoth battled a few days of redemption documented in his ibogaine trip report thread.

ingmIncluded a dimension/dream of opiate zombines who were looking for something yet they didn't quite know what, and were asking each other if they remembered or what it was but never did.

Or the one with the god in the forest glade, who gave them a choice of two doors: opiates, or not opiates. They chose no opiates and got clean. Same TR @Xorkoth ? Or know which I mean?

Not to preach; I smash benzos, and I have very little control of the hand that picks up the strip, without thinking properly (via meditation).

On them, I have quite reduced control of what I would and wouldn't do.

Welcome to blueligh, always question everything, including me here... but watch, always.. Stay safe.

Just get the job. Ya got scrips i do not know a lot of people who have legit jobs and are "dirty" in some way. Not sayin ya dirty but i reckon if ya gonna be doing heavy equipment ya will be soon.
Whats to worry about. Just get the job and be open about it if brought up, It's all above board.
I operated crane (under certificate) in late 90s with scrips of xanax and some kinda oxy and/or barb. This was in south florida, though. Years and never put anyone life in danger. There were some dumb mf that get hurt in steel all accidents are avoidable imo/e in field and home. In over 40 yrs in iron work welding i never got hurt. Well scrapes and blown off tip of thumb because i wasnt wearing a glove and in a hurry. lol that shit HURT/ACHED like a mf for a while but all growded back nicely. :)
Anyway.

Hope to see ya around.
Peace
Looking for a new job I would enjoy and if it has wheels and a steering wheel I'M GONNA LOVE IT... BUT I'm a girl without experience and to get training is expensive and I wanna make sure they will even hire me first

I've been on opiates for 10 plus years I drive for Uber end up with a 5.0 rating and my clients love me. Nobody can tell

I was a forklift operator at a plant here in MI that manufactured car parts. Loaded and unloaded semis and then stacked the pallets ( or metal bins ) in rows.

Then I graduated up to supervisor and then eventually went into Mgmt so I quit driving. All is well and good until you hit a sprinkler head, knock over pallets, stick a fork through the side of a trailer, damage the product by stacking it wrong, or God forbid bump into a human ( the humans ALWAYS have the right of way ). Then you get to pee in a cup and even if you have a script it's still a mark against you as you are SUPPOSED to tell them you take it. And of course if you tell them you take narcotic opioids on the daily you aren't gonna get the job. No script and it's an automatic termination.

Many of these incidents are strictly accidents from not paying attention, hurrying, trying to get the semis in and out on time and have nothing to do with drugs. But we still had to pee every time we caused an issue. And i saw several people lose their jobs just because they may have smoked a joint the night before at home .

So please drive carefully everyone that operates machinery for a living whether it's a forklift, a car or a riding lawnmower.

It's crazy how even a tiny mishap can lead to a cup of shame, especially if it involves a sprinkler head or an unexpected human encounter. And seriously, who knew humans always have the right of way?!

Your journey from forklift operator to supervisor and then into management is impressive – hats off to you! But man, the struggle with pee cups and scripts for medications sounds like a rollercoaster. It's a shame that even accidents can have such consequences, but safety first, right?

And on a side note, Lift Truck repairs – got to keep those wheels rolling smoothly! Thanks for the reminder to drive carefully, whether it's a forklift, a car, or even a riding lawnmower.

Last edited:
I would not tell them anything.

If you do have to take a piss test I would deal with the laboratory that take the test directly. Provide them all of your records (have the doctor send them a note or record documenting that you are currently prescribe hydrocodone and that it’s metabolite is hydromorphone (most ppl working in clinical labs and the doctor signing off on all the paperwork have no fucking clue whatsoever about drug metabolism so they should be made aware a positive hydromorphone is simply your metabolized hudrocodome. UA tests cannot determine if you are taking hydromorphone on top of your codone. This is scientifically documented in the medical/scientific research journals {again workers and MDs at these completely incompetent labs that do not alllow real academically trained toxicologists with PhDs to work in them will not know this} blood or plasma gcms lcms testing would have to be done to prove this.

The clinical laboratory industry tries extremely hard to keep competent toxicologists out of their work force because the labs are staffed with lab techs that have no clue how or why anything works and simply read out a fully automated machine result without any consideration of errors or things that don’t make sense (metabolite levels etc) the MD “medical directors” of these labs are signing complex documents regarding analytical chemistry that they have a absolutely no fucking clue what it is, how it’s done, or how to read raw data and results. These clinical labs are a joke.

If your doctor faxes your hydrocodone prescription records to the lab the lab should remove any positive of hydrocodone from the report and you will never have had to speak a word of it to your employer.

I would not volunteer this info to your employer unless they get a test result with hydrocodone and you are asked specifically about it

Get your own medical record in your own copy and have all the records and documentation needed to defend yourself if this happens.

It’s a fucked up thing. It seems ppl in blue collar jobs and even lower ranking jobs within the medical field are subject to so much drug testing while the people higher up the ladder in medicine never get tested for anything.

Then in the white collar world forget it. Nobody is tested for anything. It all seems like a way to keep pain patient people from advancing upwards into management and higher positions, that once they get to they are never drug tested again for anything.

Finally hydrocodone is sold over the counter legally in actual “free countries." These countries have no pill or opioid epidemics and hydrocodone and everything else is dirt cheap and legal or easy to aquire. America is a fucking joke with no freedom compared to countries they derisively refer to as 3rd world.

Last edited:
Anyway.

Hope to see ya around.
Peace
🤣🤣🤣nice! Love that it growed back nicely!! 😍🥰

I'm going through a divorce and trying to get a job for myself. I'm looking at becoming a forklift operator, but I've been on ms-contin for years and now going through a divorce....my soon to be ex told my doctor I was having personality changes....total bull SHIT...so now I'm on hydrocodone. Does anybody know employers feel about legitimately prescribed/needed pain medication. I'm in Tx and we have A HUGE NEED for forklift operators in Houston. Please tell me what state you're from as well as how old your information is.

Ty!
Stephanie
I was also on ms er for around 7-8 years which is the same I guess, that extended release morphine does not cause any sort of buzz or really have any effects other than pain relief. The hydrocodone might a little if not use to it. Tell them it does nothing to you in terms of impaitment. But roughly the same strenght. If like another member said keep it too yourself. If a piss test bring the bottle and say, it doesn't effect me other than pain relief, which I am guessing after long term opiod use is true, and also say it is primarily for after work, when I am sore, and if the employer is unfamiliar with opiods keeping people awake, say you need it for pain to get to sleep. And if they know opiods can keep you up, make sure to mention and take a benadryl and melatonin which works for me. Not sure they test for those two. Unemployed for a long time. Also if an issue and it causes trouble, and they might not hire you; then mention ADA, The Americans with Disabilities Act. Also you are driving and using a forklift, not driving a bus with kids or flying a 747. Wow this is an old post, shit I can't sleep and am to tired too know or care about much, what happened to the good old days when you could get something to knock your ass out?

Last edited:
I was also on ms er for around 7-8 years which is the same I guess, that extended release morphine does not cause any sort of buzz or really have any effects other than pain relief. The hydrocodone might a little if not use to it. Tell them it does nothing to you in terms of impaitment. But roughly the same strenght. If like another member said keep it too yourself. If a piss test bring the bottle and say, it doesn't effect me other than pain relief, which I am guessing after long term opiod use is true, and also say it is primarily for after work, when I am sore, and if the employer is unfamiliar with opiods keeping people awake, say you need it for pain to get to sleep. And if they know opiods can keep you up, make sure to mention and take a benadryl and melatonin which works for me. Not sure they test for those two. Unemployed for a long time. Also if an issue and it causes trouble, and they might not hire you; then mention ADA, The Americans with Disabilities Act. Also you are driving and using a forklift, not driving a bus with kids or flying a 747. Wow this is an old post, shit I can't sleep and am to tired too know or care about much, what happened to the good old days when you could get something to knock you ass out?

Thanks for your reply. I'm a little old lady from Pasadena.... well 46 from Pasadena Texas First time on my own on 23 years trying to find a career I would like and pay well. Never did get into it. Was afraid of the training cost and not getting a job. I ended up going back to my ex but that was a mistake. He's a narcissist asshol who thinks I'm the cause of all our trouble!! He doesn't see how controlling he is. Yeah I'm bitchy but I don't look down at everyone like he does. Sorry for the rant. Glad I got a couple of replies tonight... I'm wide awake too