• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Forcing Loperamide through the BBB

Fuck it, take the whole 100. I ate 96 mg of loperamide with no tolerance to any narcotics and definitely felt peripheral effects. Centrally, I was relaxed, but the frog-in-my-throat opiate voice definitely came out. I wasn't high, really, but I slept very well.

did you take quercetin with it. aI;m feeling a bit strange right now i woud have taken the wholw 100mg but did not wany to over dose in case the quercetin worked in a hour I will take a booster og 40mg if I fee normal

took a boster of 40mg and I am feeling more of a disasocative effect than an opiate high though I have a small opiate high

Unfortunately, I have tried doing this various times, with 500-750mg quinine and 60-100mg loperamide, as well as 300mg and 450mg quinidine (quinidex ) with 80mg and 70mg of loperamide respectively. Bottom line: i felt very little, and what I did (the 450mg quinidine + 70mg loperamide was most noticable) was extremely shitty in quality. This is incredibly stupid, and anways, when loperamide is forced across, the effects are very dirty.

Loperamide has been shown to dehydrate in the body forming a neurotoxic MPP+ type substance. Put me right of trying anything silly.

Accept that you will have to do a little chemistry and it will pay off. Swap the bare -OH for a halogen then use NaBH4 to strip said halogen AND that chloro group.

According to the patent, you now have a product some 40x stronger...

haribo1 said:
Loperamide has been shown to dehydrate in the body forming a neurotoxic MPP+ type substance. Put me right of trying anything silly.

Accept that you will have to do a little chemistry and it will pay off. Swap the bare -OH for a halogen then use NaBH4 to strip said halogen AND that chloro group.

According to the patent, you now have a product some 40x stronger...

well noted I am dehydrated as fuck, i have had a gallon of gatorade in the past 4 hours stil it will not quince my thirst. Never again.

negrogesic said:
Unfortunately, I have tried doing this various times, with 500-750mg quinine and 60-100mg loperamide, as well as 300mg and 450mg quinidine (quinidex ) with 80mg and 70mg of loperamide respectively. Bottom line: i felt very little, and what I did (the 450mg quinidine + 70mg loperamide was most noticable) was extremely shitty in quality. This is incredibly stupid, and anways, when loperamide is forced across, the effects are very dirty.
I tried practically the same and the only thing I felt was the fucking tingeling in my ears for 2 days (...chinine sideeffect!). This is a shitty idea indeed. Adding potential neurotoxicity makes it even shittier!

hmm.. well I don't know if it has been mentioned in this particular thread.. but, Paxil (paroxetine) happens to be a pgp inhibitor, comparable in it's efficacy to that of even quinidine. At least, according to some research. There's a thread somewhere asking a willing participant to experiment with the combination. I would.. but I have about 50mg of Paxil.. I doubt that would be enough. What do you peeps think?

BingeBoy said:
quinine as in schweppes doesnt work
jasoncrest said:
Really? Why Not?
...because the quinine content is FAR too low to be effective. It's only used to render the flavour bitter, as quinine is one of the most bitter substances known. And because it is THIS bitter, the contained amounts are extremely small.
Quinine is also used as agent against muscle cramps but the required amount of Schweppes to see a effect on cramps would be +10 l. So: Schweppes is useless here.

Isn't anybody scared by the possibility of dying after Loperamide consumption?! Strong dopaminergic neurotoxicity, then Parkinson-like symptoms, death within days or some weeks. Alternative: Taking Parkinson-medicine for the rest of your life and possible brain damage... Plz think about it before you cry I TEST IT! I TEST IT. Plz!!!

Stay safe! Trip but stay alive!

Murphy

why will the loperamide BBB threads never die.

getting Loperamide across the BBB is an extremely stupid thing to do.
quinine is quite cardiotoxic too quinidien is more so. though whilst this isn't as good as the superglue insulin method proposed by another wannabe loperamide ingestor, it is very stupid.

Parkinsons is for life not just for Christmas.

Unless someone comes up with some safety data that shows that the animal studies are wrong and loperamide doesn't cause MPP+ haloperidol type DA neurotoxicity then leave this well alone.

I've been reading about lope again. It's so interesting, and confounding.
Anyway, I recently read somebody stating that the neurotoxicity is exaggerated. Or doesn't exist.
There was an article about a child who displayed symptoms of "opiate toxicity." People then (wrongly) assumed that meant neurotoxicity.
It's a simple opiate overdose however. The person explaining the article stated that loperamide isn't a dopaminergic drug.
However, a little kid displaying symptoms of "opiate toxicity" implies that there is CNS opioid activity.

At any rate I had some gabapentin earlier. Now I've stuffed my face with aleve, pepcid, verapamil, white grapefruit juice, and about 46mg of loperamide.
Let's see if this works.

So far the only time loperamide worked on me was my first try. I was on sertraline at the time which is a p-gp inhibitor. A dose of 24mg had clear opioid effects.
I'm hoping 40something mg + whatever other p-gp and cyp inhibitors i've taken will amount to a nice feeling. Or a good sleep at least...

Children (< 2 years old) can die and have died from taking loperamide. This is well documented. Cf. Wikipedia.

Perhaps it was coincidence but I found that coadministration of loperamide + gabapentin to require MORE loperamide to feel opiate body high.

There was an article about a child who displayed symptoms of "opiate toxicity." People then (wrongly) assumed that meant neurotoxicity.
It's a simple opiate overdose however. The person explaining the article stated that loperamide isn't a dopaminergic drug.
However, a little kid displaying symptoms of "opiate toxicity" implies that there is CNS opioid activity.

At any rate I had some gabapentin earlier. Now I've stuffed my face with aleve, pepcid, verapamil, white grapefruit juice, and about 46mg of loperamide.
Let's see if this works.

So far the only time loperamide worked on me was my first try. I was on sertraline at the time which is a p-gp inhibitor. A dose of 24mg had clear opioid effects.
I'm hoping 40something mg + whatever other p-gp and cyp inhibitors i've taken will amount to a nice feeling. Or a good sleep at least...

Damnit...
You may be right about it requiring even more lope.
because it didn't work at all that time..... after the gabapentin....
A couple days later I did some poppy seed tea. Idk they hardly have any effect though. I got depressed and anxious for days (more than a week) after and couldn't void my bowels for a good 3-5 days...

Edit: on another note I just got represcribed Zoloft (Sertraline). I don't think I want to try a massive dose of lope again, just because I like pooping regularly, but if I do I'll let you guys know.

why dont we find a cheap easy clandestine way to change the lope molecule into a BBB penetrating mu opioid ;) im sure someone well versed in mu opioid binding could help on that one. sorry if that post breaks any rules. its just speculatory really.

That would be really awesome.
Unfortunately I have no idea how one might do that.
You should work on it.
I seem to remember an article about bonding the molecules with... propylene glycol? no I don't think it was that. That's too common.
Fuck. There's something to bond with the lope to make it work. Takes some chemistry skills though obviously.
Try to find out what you can bro.

you are probably talking about polysorbate 80-coated polybutylcyanoacrylate nanoparticles

thaaaaaat's it.
polysorbate 80
i was just reading a lot about propylene glycol extractions recently and had that on the mind.

I wonder if you were to consume a bunch of lope with a bunch of poly-80 would it work?
probably not. you have to bond them don't you?

polybutylcyanoacrylate nanoparticles are coated with polysorbate 80 and then binded with loperamide. not really something a simple user could do

empty nanoparticles + polysorbate 80 + loperamide = no effects (=not simple diffusional entry to the brain. i wonder what the exact mechanism is)

i was talking about buying 100+ pills, extracting the lope, doing some chemistry magic on it, changing the molecule a slight bit so that it goes through the BBB and is still a mu agonist. it would be like the psuedophedrine of opiates.

the idea of opening up your BBB so intensely so that lope gets through, means all the BAD stuff that normally stays out goes in to. probably doing more harm than good.

extract them how?
and what magic would you employ?
i am interested in this...