• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids For those who have cold turkey off 100+ mg of methadone, how bad was it really?

Walked off 120 mg about 10 years ago and it was pure hell. i could barely crawl to the bathroom, basically laid in bed for a week no sleep or food i just wanted to die. Tried smoking a joint to try and ease the pain even slightly and i stood up then immediately blacked out and landed on the floor. i went to a detox center after that for a couple weeks where they basically just gave me meds to sleep which was helpful. after discharge it was probably another month maybe 2 before i felt somewhat okay. I stayed clean for 5 years(minus occasional drinks, ecstacy and some random opiate pills here and there) til moving back to my hometown where i relapsed on heroin and coke hard. A few months of that and i was right back at the clinic. Been there now 4 years and have no desire to quit anytime soon. My life is worlds away from what it once was and no one in my professional life or life outside immediate family and friends would ever guess im on mmt let alone ever used drugs. everyones got choices and i know im okay as long as im doing this but i understand the desire to get off this shit. i just know myself too well, id fall right back into old habits.