• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc For tha Ladieesss

MsDiz

Bluelight Crew
Yo! I’m yet again going through the most horrific of periods. I’ve tried so many OTC pain relief and they don’t work. My prescribed opioids for my condition don’t even touch it either. It’s just a different type of pain. Anyone found something that has helped? Either OTC, supplements or doctor prescribed? I might have some mefanamic acid but my stomach would be torn to shreds with it. Might have to bite the bullet though and drop it with an omeperazole.

You also don't know how to express yourself, let that sink in. We can't give you meds in your range of prescription unless we know the name of your condition.

👑 Good Morning Princess 👑
I went to see my gynecologist about 18 months ago as I was having painful periods. She prescribed a medicine called Lysteda, which is Tranexamic Acid, sometimes shortened to TXA. I was having heavy bleeding and clots during my periods, and TXA was helpful with this situation. It is an anti-fibrinolytic drug and I believe it may only be helpful if the pain you are experiencing is related to heavy periods with clots. You take it only during your period.

👑 Good Morning Princess 👑
I went to see my gynecologist about 18 months ago as I was having painful periods. She prescribed a medicine called Lysteda, which is Tranexamic Acid, sometimes shortened to TXA. I was having heavy bleeding and clots during my periods, and TXA was helpful with this situation. It is an anti-fibrinolytic drug and I believe it may only be helpful if the pain you are experiencing is related to heavy periods with clots. You take it only during your period.
Yes! This is perfect, it’s heavy and super clot like. So so painful. Like my opioid doesn’t even touch the pain.
Thank you so much!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hey poor PrincessDiz,

also Buscopan would help. It reliefes the muscles there and so your uterus doesn't cramp this much/anymore.

JJ

Also Ibuprofen and Naproxen do help.

EDIT: Opioids do work in your CNS, they will never take away the uterus cramping pain. The uterus is a muscle but a "smooth" muscle. It doesn't react on meds they just work in your brain or your sceletal muscles - these are two different kind of muscles.

Last edited:
Yes! This is perfect, it’s heavy and super clot like. So so painful. Like my opioid doesn’t even touch the pain.
Thank you so much!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
If this is what you’re experiencing then you are definitely going to like Lysteda, though I’m guessing it may be sold under a different brand name in Ireland. This stuff is the bomb! Once I started taking this, all my period discomfort was a thing of the past! 💕💓♥️💞❣️❤️

Do you even bleed A LOT? This is what Lysteda does - lowering the amount of blood you loose, because if you are a light-weight person it could lead to a lack of iron.

EDIT: I misunderstood - of course it does NOT lead to a lack of iron because you do not loose so much blood. My bad, sorry.

Last edited:
If this is what you’re experiencing then you are definitely going to like Lysteda, though I’m guessing it may be sold under a different brand name in Ireland. This stuff is the bomb! Once I started taking this, all my period discomfort was a thing of the past! 💕💓💞❣❤
Ah honestly, this is perfect thank you. I literally rang the on call dr there and he’s given me a prescription so I’m gonna collect it now! You are a star! ❤️❤️❤️

👑 Princess! 👑
I’m so, so glad you were able to get a doctor to prescribe this for you! This makes me super happy! Please let us know if this helps with your pain!
Also, ditto what @LadyAlkaline said, my daughter swears by The Diva Cup! 🦢