• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

for graduating seniors: prospective schools

magdalena

Bluelighter
tomorrow is my last day of high school. it's late, i've been ruminating on everything that's transpassed these past four years, and i'm void of things to say.

so...a big fuck goddamn you to everyone i've ever hated!

and, for those in situations similar to myself, what school do you plan on attending next fall?

as for me, it's the university of chicago.

Enjoy the next four years all.

Be light hearted.

Study hard. It will be a fond memory.

Party hard. It will be a fond memory people will tell you the next day.

Have some sexual modesty. Sluts are the bottom of the barrel. Besides it makes sex better. And erases mutha fuckin drama

watch who your friends are, have a wide array of them.

Join a group of two. Meet people. Its only 4 years.

I just graduated college. Damn, enjoy guys.

University of Mary Washington.

I'm a little scared that it might be boring - small school, there is something called a "Substance-Free Option" where kids can choose to be drug and alcohol free (which is odd considering your not 'supposed' to do that anyways). and supposedly one of the most boring schools in the nation.

I'm also a little put off that it is supposed to be a politically more Conservative school because I happen to be a strong conservative myself. I was hoping to cause some trouble. Nonetheless I do intend to be politically active on campus.

I can always transfer. Apart from that though, it's supposed to be one of the best schools academically, it has extremely high freshmen retention rates (over 85%) and extremely high rate of students who stay for four years and graduate (majority at least). Ranked 7th in Master's schools in the South. Class size about 15 people.

Just to make you feel a little better...most schools (even huge state party schools) have those wellness halls or substance free options!

fizzygirl said:
Just to make you feel a little better...most schools (even huge state party schools) have those wellness halls or substance free options!

yea--lots of people in them are recovering addicts and the rest are straightedge

its always a wierd combo

I'd stay away from the substance free floors. I'm halfway through my time at the University of Colorado @ Boulder and I've the previous 2 years were the best two years of my life. Here's hoping the next two are even better.

College is so much more fun than any high school or any other previous time really. You'll have a blast.

JMU here i come.
kinda scared cause it has alot of preppy frat kids
but also psyced cause its beautiful, im first year and will have an appartment with 2 of my best friends and i no alot of cool non frat kids that go there
all around good time
(not that their is anything wrong with frats, they just always like to beat me up)

JMU ranked number one in Playboy Magazine for hotties. Take a look at who's going to JMU at your HS, probably all hot girls right?

JMU is a great school, good job. They rejected me. I don't why. My SAT score was 1350, which, by JMU's admission standards, the most important criteria. Yet MW accepted me, and that is what they consider the least important. I think it would have made more sense if MW rejected me, and JMU accepted me.

My best friend is going there, and I may transfer in the future.