• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football: College or Pro??

I like College ball better in all sports, because primarily there is a lot of extra un-needed rules in pro.

college, I have the opportunity to play but I'm too lazy and into getting fucked up too much.

really though I like them both, and all sports actually

college, I have the opportunity to play but I'm too lazy and into getting fucked up too much.

^lol, anywayssssss

I'd follow college football more closely if there was a clear cut champion at the end of the season. I hate bowl games. They should take the top 16 teams in the AP poll at the end of the season and have them play in a tournament.

And those who weren't in the top 16 would be left to play bowl games.

id rather watch the browns first, then college football in general.

i prefer pro because of the awesome defensive pass interference penalty :)

alasdair

youarewhatyouis said:
^lol, anywayssssss

I'd follow college football more closely if there was a clear cut champion at the end of the season. I hate bowl games. They should take the top 16 teams in the AP poll at the end of the season and have them play in a tournament.

And those who weren't in the top 16 would be left to play bowl games.

I had a full scholarship to Randolph Macon University mind you. :)

And I'm also on record speaking on tape at the last game to an official from the school.

college because of the absence of canned soup endorsements, and because 100 year old rivalries.

College. Less overall skill leads to more big plays. In the pros everybody is so skilled that defenses rarely give up big plays and offenses usually have to march slowly down the field. Than again, I've been watching the dolphins for the past 8 or so years...

Both

College is great because every game is a playoff game for the Nat'l Champion contenders: You lose a game your done (which isn't really true in most years, but you get what I mean).

And NFL is great because the talent is unbelievable. It's truly like watching a violent chess match unfold before your eyes. They're all fined tuned machines going at it.

If I could only watch one or the other it'd definitely be college without a doubt.

Pro's, mainly because there's so many blow outs in college football. It makes most games not worth watching. The big time upsets are great to watch though(like USC-UCLA last year). But those games are few and far between. Also the lack of a playoff is ridiculous. I'll take the NFL.

I agree with 37047734 that the lack of a playoff system in the NFL is ridiculous. I mean, every other division in college football has a playoff system except Division I-A. Seems a bit odd that the elite division is so screwed up when it comes to deciding a champion. It's really inexcusable, imo. With that said, I like college football little more than the NFL.

I still like the NFL, though. The things the NFL has going for it that people have already mentioned is that there's less blowout games, it has a playoff system that works, and and the high talent level.

The worst thing about the lack off a playoff system is that it's all about money. The NCAA, the sponsor of the bowl game, the stadium, the host city and television all fight the push for a playoff system cause they don't want money taken out of their already overflowing pockets. I remember a few years ago the NCAA claimed that the bowl system was necessary because the players needed the extra time to study for mid-terms. Fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, I remember that excuse. When they made that claim they should have been smart enough to realize that if that was the true reason why there's no playoff system, then why the hell does the three other NCAA football divisions, along with other NCAA sports, have playoffs? That was just a stupid claim. Anyone can see that the main thing holding Division 1-A football from getting a playoff system is money. I mean, just look at all the money that's being made from the shitty BCS set up. You have one championship game, along with four "semi-championships", and twenty-seven other post-season bowl games. Sixty-four total teams. Nineteen of those games have payouts of million+ to the winners. Throw that in with all the other things you mentioned that money is made off of during the bowl games and it's quite obvious to see why we have the fucked up BCS instead of a proper playoff system.

Pro football by far.

Most college athletes will never play professional football because they aren't close to having the talent or physical ability. Each of the 32 NFL teams is like a team of college all-stars, so that is one reason I like the pros more.

Also, there are a lot more teams and athletes to keep track of in college football, it's enough to make your head spin. It is much easier to follow the NFL in depth in my opinion.